List of International Airports in IndiaIndia has been continuously developing at a rapid speed, which has given rise to a number of international airports across the country. At present, there are 34 international airports in India, which connects this country with the outside world.
1. Visakhapatnam International Airport, Andhra Pradesh (IATA: VTZ, ICAO: VOVZ)Visakhapatnam International Airport is also referred to as Vizag Airport and covers an area of 350 acres. The airport also operates as an Indian Navy Air Base named INS Dega.
Location: Visakhapatnam International Airport is located at NH 16, Opposite Viman Nagar, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530009
2. Vijayawada International Airport, Andhra Pradesh (IATA: VGA, ICAO: VOBZ)
Vijaywada International Airport serves the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region and covers an area of 537 acres. Interestingly, the airfield had been an airbase for World War II before being converted into a civilian airport.
Location: Vijayawada International Airport is located at NH 16, Gannavaram, Andhra Pradesh 521102
3. Veer Savarkar International Airport, Andaman and Nicobar Islands (IATA: IXZ, ICAO: VOPB)The international flights from the Veer Savarkar International Airport are expected to begin their operations from the month of July 2020. The airport is also known as the Port Blair Airport. The airport also operates as an Indian Navy Air Base named INS Utkrosh.
Location: Veer Savarkar International Airport is located at Lamba Line, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744103
4. Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Assam (IATA: GAU, ICAO: VEGT)The Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport is also referred to as the Guwahati Airport. It acts as the primary international airport of the North-Eastern States of India, located in Borjhar. The 656 acres of the lavish airport is managed by the Airports Authority of India and serves as an Indian Air Force base. It provides international airways to Bangkok, Paro, Thailand, etc. by DrukAir and helicopter services to nearby places of visit.
Location: Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport is located at Borjhar, Guwahati, Assam 781015
5. Gaya Airport, Bihar (IATA: GAY, ICAO: VEGY)Also referred to as the Bodhgaya Airport, Gaya Airport is primarily seasonal when it comes to international destinations, and its main responsibility is to cater to pilgrims who are in search of Buddhist enlightenment.
Location: Gaya Airport is located at Sherghati Road, Gaya, Bihar 823004
6. Chandigarh Airport, Chandigarh (IATA: IXC, ICAO: VICG)
Chandigarh airport serves the Chandigarh Capital Region, Panchkula and Mohali. This too is a defence airport.
Location: Chandigarh Airport is located at New Civil Air Terminal, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Punjab 140306
7. Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi (T3) (IATA: DEL, ICAO: VIDP)The busiest airport in India, Indira Gandhi International Airport is also sometimes referred to as the New Delhi Airport. Built around travel functionality and successfully embodying India's heritage and culture, the IGI Airport is a stunning visual sight for travellers. The IGI Airport is also the sixth largest airport in the world with a total capacity of 12.5 million passengers per year.
Location: Indira Gandhi International Airport is located at Palam, New Delhi, Delhi 110037
8. Dabolim Airport, Goa (IATA: GOI, ICAO: VOGO)Dabolim Airport is also referred to as the Goa International Airport and covers an area of 249 acres. The airport also operates as an Indian Navy Air Base named INS Hansa.
Location: Dabolim Airport is located at Airport Road, Dabolim, Goa 403801
9. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Gujarat (IATA: AMD, ICAO: VAAH)
The airport has three terminals. Terminal 1 is to handle passengers for domestic flights. Terminal 2 is the international terminal and has won an award for best Steel Structure at the 2009 edition of the National Structural Steel Design and Construction Awards. The third terminal is a cargo terminal. There are around fourteen airlines flying to and from the airport.
Location: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport is located at Hansol, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380003
10. Surat International Airport, Gujarat
Location: Surat International Airport is located near the Sai Baba Temple, Surat, Dumas Road Gaviyer Village, Surat, Gujarat 395007
11. Sheikh ul-Alam International Airport, Jammu and Kashmir (IATA: SXR, ICAO: VISR)Sheikh ul-Alam International Airport is also referred to as the Srinagar Airport. Originally the airport was used only the Indian Air Force. In 2005, the airport got an international status.
Location: Sheikh ul-Alam International Airport is located at Indira Gandhi Road, Humhama, Badgam, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190007
12. Kempegowda International Airport, Karnataka (IATA: BLR, ICAO: VOBL)Kempegowda International Airport is more commonly referred to as the Bangalore Airport or the Bengaluru Airport. The airport was constructed over a stretch of 400 acres of land about 40 kilometres north of the city near Devanahalli village. It is associated with numerous flights with perpetual flights for London, Dubai, Hong Kong, Mauritius.
Location: Kempegowda International Airport is located at KIAL Road, Devanahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560300
13. Mangalore International Airport, Karnataka (IATA: IXE, ICAO: VOML)
Also, known as Bhajpe Airport, Mangalore airport serves the coastal city of Mangalore. The airport is located about 13 kilometres northeast of the city, near Bhajpe. It's just 16 kilometres from the central railway station making your travel fast and mobile. It is the second international airport homed in Karnataka.
Location: Mangalore International Airport is located at Bajpe Main Road, Kenjar HC, Karnataka 574142
14. Trivandrum International Airport, Kerala (IATA: TRV, ICAO: VOTV)
Trivandrum airport serves numerous important destinations like Kollam, Nagercoil, Pathanamthitta, Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari other than Trivandrum city. The international destinations serviced by the airport include the Middle Eastern Countries such as Sharjah, Muscat, Bahrain, Oman, Riyadh, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Mahe, and Colombo.
Location: Trivandrum International Airport is located at Airport Road, Chacka, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695008
15. Cochin International Airport, Kerala (IATA: COK, ICAO: VOCI)
Cochin International Airport is located in Nedumbassery, about 25 km from the city centre. The airport was crowd-funded by 10,000 NRIs and was developed under a public-private partnership. Cochin airport serves about 63.86% of the total air travel of Kerala making it the busiest in Kerala.
Location: Cochin International Airport is located at Airport Road, Kochi, Kerala 683111
16. Kozhikode Calicut International Airport, Kerala (IATA: CCJ, ICAO: VOCL)The Kozhikode Calicut International Airport is also known as the Karipur Airport, or simply, Calicut International Airport. It is well connected to a wide array of international destinations like Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, Salalah, Muscat, Ras al-Khaimah and Kuwait.
Location: Kozhikode Calicut International Airport is located at Calicut Airport P.O., Calicut Airport Road, Karipur, Kerala 673647
17. Kannur International Airport, Kerala (IATA: CNN, ICAO: VOKN)
It is located 25 km towards the east of Kannur near Mattanur municipality. A public-private consortium, Kannur International Airport Limited (KIAL), owns and manages the airport. Aside from operating as a commercial airport, an aviation academy will be set up by the Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy and Technology.
Location: Kannur International Airport is located at Mattannur, Kannur, Mattannur Road, Kerala 670702
18. Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport, Madhya Pradesh (IATA: IDR, ICAO: VAID)
Named after Maharani Ahilyabai, Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport is better known as Indore Airport and is situated in its namesake city. The international airport was inaugurated recently in 2012 and has airlines - Silk Air, Air Arabia, Indian Airlines and Air India Express flights operational to Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Sharjah.
Location: Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport is located at Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport Area, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452005
19. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Maharashtra (IATA: BOM, ICAO: VABB)Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is more commonly referred to as Mumbai Airport or Bombay Airport. The airport has flights to almost all destinations across the world. Every day, there is a record of a minimum of 851 flight movements. There are non-stop flights from Mumbai to New York, London, Dubai, Paris and Switzerland. Other flights are usually connecting flights with a stop at the Delhi International airport.
Location: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is located at Mumbai, Maharashtra 400099
20. Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport, Maharashtra (IATA: NAG, ICAO: VANP)Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport is also referred to as the Nagpur Airport. The airport is located in Sonegaon, Nagpur. The airport has flights to Doha, Bangkok, Dubai, Singapore, Sharjah and Jeddah.
Location: Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport is located at Sonegaon, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440005
21. Pune International Airport, Pune (IATA: PNQ, ICAO: VAPO)
Pune International Airport is located approximately 10 km from Pune City. The international flights go to Abu Dhabi, Frankfurt and Dubai.
Location: Pune International Airport is located at New Airport Road, Pune International Airport Area, Lohegaon, Pune, Maharashtra 411032
Location: Imphal International Airport is located at Tipaimukh Road, Hiangtam Lamka, Imphal, Manipur 795140
23. Biju Patnaik International Airport, Odisha (IATA: BBI, ICAO: VEBS)Biju Patnaik International Airport is more commonly referred to as the Bhubaneswar Airport. The only international airport of the state, it is named after famed aviator and freedom fighter Biju Patnaik. A new terminal (T1), having a capacity of about 4 million passengers and catering to domestic flights was inaugurated in 2013 and the older terminal (T2) was refurbished to support international operations.
Location: Biju Patnaik International Airport is located at Airport Road, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751020
24. Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport, Punjab (IATA: ATQ, ICAO: VIAR)Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport is also referred to as the Amritsar International Airport. The airport has regular flights to and from the United Kingdom, Singapore, UAE and Qatar.
Location: Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport is located at Ajnala Road, Opposite Hotel Blue Radisson, Raja Sansi, Punjab 143101
Jaipur International Airport is located about 10 km from the city of Jaipur, in the suburb of Sanganer. It is the largest airport in Rajasthan and was declared as the World's Best Airport (in the category of 2 to 5 million passengers per annum) in 2015 by Airports Council International.
Location: Jaipur International Airport is located at Airport Road, Sanganer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302017
26. Chennai International Airport, Tamil Nadu (IATA: MAA, ICAO: VOMM)
Chennai International Airport serves the city of Chennai in Tamil Nadu. The airport handles more than 400 aircraft movements in a day. It was the first airport in India to place international and domestic terminals adjacent to each other.
Location: Chennai International Airport is located at Grand Southern Trunk Road, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600027
27. Coimbatore International Airport, Tamil Nadu (IATA: CJB, ICAO: VOCB)
Located at Peelamedu, about 13 km from the city centre, Coimbatore International Airport is the primary airport in the city of Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu. It is the second-largest airport in Tamil Nadu, in terms of passenger traffic, after Chennai International Airport. It is also a growing hub for Cargo transportation.
Location: Coimbatore International Airport is located at Airport Road, Civil Aerodrome Post, Peelamedu, Tamil Nadu 641014
28. Madurai International Airport, Tamil Nadu (IATA: IXM, ICAO: VOMD)
Madurai airport is a major airport in the state which serves the city of Madurai along with nearby districts such as Kodaikanal, Rameswaram and cities like Bangalore.
Location: Madurai International Airport is located at Airport Road, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625022
29. Tiruchirappalli International Airport, Tamil Nadu (IATA: TRZ, ICAO: VOTR)
Serving Trichy in the state of Tamil Nadu, Tiruchirappalli International Airport is built on the Tiruchirappalli and Pudukkottai National Highway. It is about 5 km from the city centre. It is the 2nd largest airport in international passenger traffic in Tamil Nadu. The airport covers an area of 702 acres.
Location: Tiruchirappalli International Airport is located at Trichy Airport Road, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620007
30. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Telangana (IATA: HYD, ICAO: VOHS)
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport operates in the busy city of Hyderabad, Telangana. The airport is located in Shamshabad, 20 kilometres south of the Hyderabad city. The flights taking off from this particular airport land in Goa, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chicago, Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Singapore, Bangkok and other travel and business-oriented destinations.
Location: Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is located at Shamshabad, Hyderabad, Telangana 500409
31. Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Uttar Pradesh (IATA: LKO, ICAO: VILK)Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport is more commonly referred to as Lucknow Airport. The airport has two terminals- Terminal 1, being used for International flights and Terminal 2, being used for domestic flights. It is the second busiest and largest airport in Central and Northern India after Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Location: Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport is located at Amausi, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226009
32. Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, Uttar Pradesh (IATA: VNS, ICAO: VEBN)Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport is more commonly referred to by its former name, Varanasi Airport. The Airport is located in Babarpur which is 19 km from the city centre.
Location: Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport is located at Varanasi District, Babatpur, Uttar Pradesh 221006
33. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, West Bengal (IATA: CCU, ICAO: VECC)Netaji Subhash Chandra International Airport is also referred to as the Kolkata Airport, the Calcutta Airport, or the Dumdum Airport. It covers an area of 2460 acres and is the largest airport in Eastern India. The airport has flights to Bangladesh, China, Bhutan, Northeast India, Southeast Asia and many more places.
Location: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is located at Jessore Road, Dumdum, Kolkata, West Bengal 700052
34. Bagdogra Airport, West Bengal (IATA: IXB, ICAO: VEBD)
The airport serves as a gateway to the towns of Mirik, Kalimpong, Kurseong, Sikkim and Darjeeling. The Druk Air flight from Bagdogra Airport connects West Bengal to the Suvarnabhumi Airport of Bangkok and also Paro International Airport in Bhutan.
Location: Bagdogra Airport is located at Airport Road, Bagdogra, Siliguri, West Bengal 734421With thirty-four international airports and many more on their way, the aviation industry of India has indeed opened up a million places for people to visit, explore, and make fond memories at. From getting acquainted with the cultures of the various regions around the world to letting other people into the wonderful destination that is this country, these international airports have paved the way and continue to act as the connecting bridge between people.