The 'Silicon Valley of India', Bangalore, is not only the leading IT hub of the country but also a major attraction for tourists because of its great shopping opportunities. Shopping in Bangalore is one of the most vibrant in the entire country it offers the best variety of street shopping and high-street shopping too!
These Are the Best Places to Go Shopping in Bangalore:
1. Commercial StreetOne of the most famous markets of Bengaluru, Commercial Street is a paradise for street shopping in Bangalore. It is a one-stop destination for purchasing garments, imitation jewelry, sports goods, and footwear. You can also look for antiques at affordable prices as well as linens for your house.
Timings: Though there is no time boundation, the shops generally open by 10:00 AM and get closed by 9:00 PM - 9:30 PM
2. ChickpetChickpet is one of the visited markets for shopping in Bangalore. It is one of the oldest commercial districts of the city which is famous for its silk sarees. Chickpet has a formidable history of 400 years, and Bangaloreans swear by the quality and variety of saris and wholesale dress materials in this famous market. It is also known for gold and silver jewelry especially in the Raja market. Head to the nearby Balepet to buy some of the most beautiful bangles and Nagarthapet to have a look at locally made musical instruments.
Timings: The market remains open from 9:00 AM in the morning to around 9:00 PM in the night
3. Jayanagar 4th BlockJayanagar shopping complex is situated opposite the main bus stand in Bengaluru and is a heaven for shoppers. The shopping complex is massive and even confusing for first-timers. Jayanagar is the best place to buy artwork, pottery, and sculptures at affordable rates. An assortment of dining options ensures that once you are done with shopping you can refresh yourself to delectable food items.
Shopping Tip: You could indulge in South Indian snacks (Shenoy Stores), chaat and pani puri (Rakesh Kumar), sandwiches (Hari Super Sandwich) and desserts at Cool Point
4. Brigade RoadLocated 3 kilometers from City Market, Brigade Road is located in between MG Road and Residency Road. Visitors should walk through the footpaths to explore branded showrooms selling garments, electronics, footwear, and jewelry. Apart from that, drop in any of the numerous garments shops that sell non-branded tops and dresses at an affordable rate. Make sure to visit Blossom's Book House which one of the oldest bookshops in the city and every bibliophile's favorite haunt.
Timings: The timing of the market is from 10:00 AM to around 6:00 PM
5. Dubai PlazaDubai Plaza is located on Rest House Road and is a massive shopping complex selling cosmetics, accessories, clothes, and footwear. Dubai Plaza is hub for budget shopping. The basement of Dubai Plaza houses the Tibetan Plaza where you can splurge on electronic gadgets, perfumes, lingerie, quirky scarves, belts, wallets, super-stylish bags, and purses.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM approximately
6. National MarketNational Market in Bangalore is situated near majestic. One can easily find clothes, accessories, phones, cameras, and tablets at affordable prices. It remains busy throughout the day being visited by the locals of the city to buy products of daily needs. An old market named Malleswaram old market that situated near the Ganesha temple, should definitely be visited.
Timings: 8:00 AM to around 7:00 PM
7. MalleswaramOne of the most popular traditional markets of Bengaluru, Malleswaram is famous for its flower market, herbs, spices, and vegetables. It is also famous for the Kaadu Malleswara Temple located nearby, from which this market gets its name. The hustle-bustle of this market and its traditional items lend it an old-world charm. Treat yourself to street-food delicacies sold here
8. MG RoadMG Road is one of the busiest commercial centers of shopping in Bangalore. MG Road is also the perfect place to shop for beautiful silk sarees, especially at Prasiddi and Deepam Silks. MG Road is also an excellent place to purchase handicrafts from places such as Cauvery Emporium. India's oldest bookstore founded in 1844, Higginbothams, is also located here and is a must-visit for any bibliophile.
9. Avenue RoadDotted with heritage buildings, Avenue Road is best known for second-hand books. From textbooks to novels to cookbooks to books on architecture, the hawkers here are sure to give you the best deal. Most of the books are in excellent condition, and if you are lucky, you might even find some rare edition of your favorite novel here! It is also the place to buy school and college textbooks at cheap rates. Apart from books, you can shop for raw materials for decoration and gift packing, jewelry, garments and stationery.
Timings: 9:00 AM to around 8:00 PM.
10. Gandhi BazarLocated in Basavanagudi locality, this market is famous for traditional religious items, clothes, and trinkets. Gandhi Bazar is in its full glory during the festivals. You could visit Vittal dresses, Mysore Silk Emporium, and Indu fashion for sourcing garments. Greeting Gardens and National Novelties are other places that can be visited. Make sure to taste some of the most delicious street foods at Vidyarthi Bhawan.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
11. KR MarketKR Market or Krishna Rajendra Market or City Market is the largest wholesale market in Bangalore. Once a battlefield for the Anglo-Mysore wars, KR Market is now a bustling market that has everything from flowers to vegetables to fresh produce.
Timings: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PMSo which of these are your favorite markets for street shopping in Bangalore? Let us know in the comments below!