Here are the top 12 Indian restaurants in Malaysia which are worth a visit:
1. Gajaa at 8 Royal Indian Food Restaurant in KL, MalaysiaWith two different ambiences under one roof, this restaurant promises to bring the best flavours from Kerala to your table. This restaurant aims to showcase abundance, richness, boldness, strength, and royalty, and its name rightly stands up for this. The ambience is cosy, elegant, and royally Indian. The long menu provides a plethora of options to choose from. This place will surely leave you wanting to come back, and you will realize why it comes as no surprise that they call themselves one of the best in Kuala Lumpur in the business.
Location: No. 8, Lorong Maarof, Bangsar, 59000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact: : +60 3-2201 7369
2. Passage Thru IndiaKnown for their warm welcomes and attentive serving, this Indian restaurant in Malaysia is spacious and reflects Indian villages. The interior is cosy, comfortable, and beautiful. The place is well-known for its taste of food, not to avoid the portion. Great food accompanied by live music and beautiful Indian traditional decor of arts. What a combination! Tandoori Chicken, North Indian, Butter Chicken, and Palak Paneer are some of the loved dishes here.
Location: 4, Jalan Delima, Off, Jln Bukit Bintang, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact: +60 17-998 9427
3. Bombay PalaceBelieved to be the world’s largest chain of North Indian restaurants operating in the UK, USA, Canada, and India, Bombay Palace serves North Indian cuisine with a rich cultural heritage developed for centuries in India. It offers excellent ambience and commendable service to its visitors. Among the signature dishes are - Mango Lassi, Palace Sizzling Grill, Zinga Masala, Palak Paneer, Chicken Makhni, Kulfi, and Family Naan. The chefs are very well-trained, exclusive from different regions of India, promising to serve the best food.
Location: Life Centre, 20, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact:+60 3-2171 7220
4. ANJAPPAR Indian Chettinad RestaurantEstablished in Chennai in 1964, this franchise restaurant has been in the business for more than 52 years and has 70 outlets to its name. What began as a small step to bring the delicious cuisine of the famed Chettiars to the people, today has become a brand. They promise to serve their customers the authentic Chettinad dining experience with food cooked with traditional home-made recipes.
Location: 136, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact: +60 3-2273 3812
5. Pia’s the PadiThis place is more or less a hidden gem. Delicious food, incredible staff, and a warm welcome, accompanied by breathtaking scenery. Set in the middle of a paddy field, you can catch serene sunsets here while having your food. It is one of the beautiful places for dates given the sunset scenery and the quiet ambience. Beef Redang, sambhal, samba fish, butter chicken masala, and amb mushroom curry are a few dishes loved by their visitors. Their portions are generous and the environment of the restaurant is calming and relaxing.
6. Namaste India HartamasOwned by Unique Palate Sdn Bhd, this Indian restaurant was set up for the love and in awe of Indian food. Their menu reveals the authenticity of northern Indian dishes by remarkable chefs from India. From mouth-watering appetizers to luscious desserts, this restaurant offers everything to its patrons. They serve a medley of street food from various states of India such as Dahi Puri, Vada Pav, Amritsari Chole with Stuffed Bhatura, Methi Pakoda, and many more. The signature dishes by the chef include Hara Bhara Chat, Achaar Paneer Tikka, Tandoori Chicken, and Butter Chicken. The lip-smacking delicious food will surely leave you wanting more once you walk out.
Location: No. 6-G, Jalan 31/70a, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact: +60 3-5888 7537
7. Maharaja RestaurantWith an astounding view of mountains and sea, while having your food, this Indian restaurant in Malaysia is loved by many. The staff is friendly and the restaurant is welcoming. The prices are reasonable with delicious food and fulfilling portions. Veg Pulao, Chicken fry, Chicken Biryani, Chicken Masala, and Lamb Kebab are some of the dishes enjoyed by their customers.
Location: Perdana Quay, Telaga Harbour Park, 07000, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia, 07000 Langkawi, Malaysia
Contact: +60 4-959 3400
8. Makan KitchenAn authentic Malay regional dining experience, located in the DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur hotel, this restaurant has a live interactive show kitchen giving you a chance to experience the journey from raw ingredients to the pan to plate. The restaurant's several cooking stations feature iconic specialities from Malaysian, Peranakan, Chinese, Malay, Iban, and Kristang along with Indian cuisines. It also provides buffets which are more or less appreciated and enjoyed by their visitors.
Location: 12 Jalan Ngee Heng, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
9. Olive Kitchen & BarSituated in Upper Penang Road, Olive Kitchen & Bar serves Western and Northern Indian cuisines. The chefs are very well-trained and experienced, meaning they know what they are doing and serving. What sets this place apart is the music they play - retro and old school music. Olive Kitchen and Bar offers a signature tasting menu featuring Chef’s original recipes and includes the classic Olive Nawabi Mixed Tandoor, Daal Ganga Jamuna, Murg Tikka Butter Masala which are too die for. From their western menu, their Diavola pizza, Chicken Burger, and BBQ Chicken Steak are best served.
Location: 3J Jalan Penang, George Town, Penang Island, Malaysia
10. Delhi RoyaleA go-to place for Indian food in the KLCC area, this place is perfect for private conversations and authentic Indian food. As the name suggests, its menu is royal too including everything from authentic Indian appetizers, tandoori snacks, sizzlers, soup, a proper Indian main course with a great range of bread, famous biryanis, and rice, and a lavish range of Indian desserts. You will find everything right from chole bhature to moong dal ka halwa to gulab jamuns to dahi bhalla and dum handi biryani. A totally mouth-watering and worth the price, inclusive menu, isn't it? It has both, private dining as well as a banquet and outdoor catering with lavish rich interiors. To a surprise, they also serve traditional Indian drinks like lassi, and jal jeera, followed by a wide range of cocktails, beers, whiskey, wines, and other drinks. It is fine dining with a bar serving delicious Indian royal dishes as well as the spicy-tangy street food.
Location: 2,3, Wisma Longrich, 33, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, Kampung Baru, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact: +60 3-2165 1555
Great ambience in a rustic Chettiar house, Chakra Restaurant is known for their food and catering. The menu is extensive but the friendly staff comes to your rescue. The food is delicious and the portion is fulfilling too. Tandoori dishes, Palak Paneer, North Indian, Kulfi, and Masala tea are a few of the many loved dishes here.
Location: Jalan Yusof Taha, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Contact: +60 7-223 9991
12. Taj GardenNested in the heart of Brickfields, this new casual dining restaurant promises your taste buds nothing but pleasure. Their open kitchen concept allows diners to observe the chefs in action as they toss, sizzle, and create masterpieces that truly serve not only the taste buds but also the heart with their mouth-watering flavours. Taj Garden offers a large spread of North Indian, Western, and Oriental Cuisine. Samosas, kofta with fry, gobi 65, veg. Pakkora, mutton biryani, dal makhani, dal tadka, kadhai paneer are a few of the many Indian dishes on their menu with a list of parathas and naans to choose from.
Location: Wisma Leopad, Annexxe, 5, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaThe list of Indian dishes available in Malaysia goes on and on. The chefs in these restaurants are masters of what they cook and promise to serve the best. These Indian restaurants in Malaysia will make sure you feel at home when you taste the food there. A perfect blend of spices and traditional cooking methods, Indian cuisine is one of the most loved cuisines around the world, and this is one of the many reasons it has been able to put itself out there on the world map.
Contact: +60 3-2260 6489