If you are the kind of tourist who takes things at their own pace, then renting a car in Seychelles might best suit you. It not only lets you enjoy the beauty of car rides across new horizons but also gives you the freedom to spend as much time as you want at a place. Your itinerary can undergo spontaneous changes and having a car at your service proves to be a luxury.
Average Price of Renting a Car in SeychellesThe cost of hiring a car depends on various aspects. The type of car you choose, the duration of your hire, etc. all influence the overall cost of your rental. You will find a range of services available in Seychelles.
Hatchback: From SCR 605 (USD 44) - SCR 777 (USD 56)Here’s a list of some of the best options for renting a car in Seychelles that might help your travelling plans.
Rentals In Praslin: Starting at SCR 1170 (USD 86) - SCR 2350 (USD 172)
1. Seychelles Airport Car Rental - SixtHow convenient is renting a car in Seychelles right from the start of your trip? The International Airport at Mahe offers an easily accessible car rental facility. Sixt car rental provides you with some of the best options to explore this island, from SUVs to any other vehicle of your choice. Additional services can also be included such as unlimited mileage, an additional driver provision, etc.
Categories and services: Compact cars and Sedans, 4X4/ SUV, 24 hours pick up and 24 hours return
Opening hours: 6:00AM-12:00PM
Address: Mahe International Airport
2. Hertz Car Hire
With some amazing offers and packages, Hertz is undoubtedly one of the leading car rentals in Seychelles. Whether you are visiting the stunning Curieuse Island or spending your afternoon in The Morne Seychellois National Park, Hertz can give you the ideal ride your travel deserves. Choose from their incredible collections to make your trip a memorable one. Family, adrenaline, prestige and dream are some of their famous collections.
Locations: Victoria - Revolution Avenue, Sunset Hotel, Mahe Island, Beau Vallon Bay Hotel, Fisherman Cove Hotel, Northolme Hotel, Plantation Club Hotel
3. Thrifty Car RentalWith a wide assortment of vehicles, ranging from high-quality cars, SUVs to trucks, Thrifty car rentals in Seychelles are your guaranteed shot at having a fabulous trip in the country. Look up their official website for booking options as well as the packages and offers that they provide.
Locations: Mahe International Airport, Victoria, St. Louis road, Victoria
4. Le Charme Car RentalPack your bags and get ready to go on the road and explore the beauty that Seychelles has to offer. Worried about renting a car in Seychelles? Le Charme got you covered with their amazing packages and deals. With family and traveller packages and a discount on booking for 7 or 8 days, the services are in line with your needs.
Location: F02-2A, Oceanic House Providence Estate, Victoria
Opening hours: open 24 hours, Monday-Sunday
Other Car Rentals in Seychelles
- Avis car rental
- Sunnycars car rental
- Your Sales Hub car rental
Documents Required When Renting a Car in Seychelles
1. Driving License from any country: The best part of the car rentals in Seychelles is that they accept the driving license of the country you're from and don't insist on an International Drivers License. This is valid for only 3 months in Seychelles. If you will be staying there for longer than 3 months, you will need to convert it into a Seychelles Drivers permit.2. Valid Mode of Payment: They accept Traveller's Cheques, Visa, Mastercard and cash.3. Legal Driving Age: You have to be 23 years or older to drive in Seychelles
Things to Remember While Driving in Seychelles
If you are planning a trip to the scenic country of Seychelles, it would be a bonus for you to explore the place by renting a car in Seychelles. With a multitude of top rental services available, you can surf and choose the one that best suits your travel needs.
- Cars drive on the left-hand side.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 21 years, with the driver’s license being issued at least 1 year ago.
- Speed limit is 40 km/h (25mph) in built-up areas and 65 km/h (40mph) on the open roads.
- The permitted blood alcohol level is 0.08% but certain insurance policies require you to be 100% sober.
- Remember to be attentive to the signposts on the roads.