Beau Vallon is one of Seychelles’s most famous holiday destinations, being around 3 kms from Victoria, located in the North-Western coast of Mahé. It is famously known for its waters, which makes it a hub for various water sports as well as underwater activities like snorkelling, scuba diving and fishing. Its fascinating range of coral reefs is bound to leave you amazed as you dive into the glistening waters of Beau Vallon to experience this unique underwater magic.
The sunsets that you can experience in Beau Vallon are a sight, truly out of this world. The shoreline of Beau Vallon also has a wide array of beach stalls, shops, hotels and restaurants serving mouth-watering seafood dishes. You can also head towards Victoria, which is a short drive away, and shop for souvenirs or even shop at the local stalls in Beau Vallon, which sell beautiful handmade items.
Photos of Beau Vallon
Read More on Beau Vallon
Highlight of Beau Vallon
1. Beau Vallon is a paradise for all aquatic sports lovers. It is one of the best places to engage in diving and surfing in all of Seychelles. 2. Beau Vallon at dawn is truly an out of the world sight to witness, and the picturesque sunsets look truly mesmerizing. 3. Beau Vallon has a variety of affordable beachfront hotels and an array of restaurants offering scrumptious meals. 4. The gentle waters of Beau Vallon beach are perfect for children, and they are bound to have a wonderful time playing on the beach. 5. Unlike other beach locations, at Beau Vallon, adventure lovers can also engage in exhilarating treks and excursion on the outskirts of the island. 6. You can visit the Seychellois capital of Victoria, which is just a short drive away and shop for some authentic art and craft to take back as souvenirs.
Activities at Beau Vallon
Other than just spending a leisurely day on the Beau Vallon beach with your loved ones, there are a lot of activities you can engage in, to get the most of this breathtaking bay in Seychelles.
Here’s a list of all the top things you can do, while in Beau Vallon-
1. Gerry’s Private Charters- For over twenty years now, Gerry’s Private Charters has been conducting fishing trips and excursions in and around Beau Vallon beach. Although Gerry’s mostly specializes in private fishing trips around Mahé, these Charters also allow visitors to experience secluded beaches and other off-beat locations near the beach. You can book a half-day or a full day package where you will be provided with a licensed skipper and will be able to enjoy scrumptious lunch amidst the greenery and turquoise blue waters of Beau Vallon. It is the best way to spend a leisurely day with your loved ones.
2. Experience an exhilarating hike on the island- There are a lot of hidden gems in Seychelles so, in order to get some adrenaline rush, you need to make sure that you explore the most of it. There are a lot of hiking trails in Beau Vallon, and it is best that you ask some local residents for the best advice. Since it is a relatively secluded island, make sure you carry all kinds of hiking essentials, to keep yourself safe. For stress-free planning, you can get in touch with a few agencies who conduct excursions.
3. Try various underwater activities- The crystal clear waters of Beau Vallon are a great spot for trying out underwater activities like snorkelling and scuba diving. You will be amazed by the variety of biodiversity under the shining waters. Different varieties of corals and underwater creatures like Eagle Rays, sharks, octopuses, jacks, snappers and a lot more are quite common in the Seychelles waters. You can get in touch with a few Blue Sea Divers or Dive Seychelles Underwater Centre to get more information about these activities.
4. Experience their unique culture of ‘Moutya’ dance at dawn on the beach- ‘Moutya’ is Seychelles’ famous traditional dance form and is a part of every cultural festivity in the archipelago. You can experience this unique dance form on the beaches of Beau Vallon, where locals dance around a bonfire made with coconut leaves on their traditional music which involves drum beats.
5. Enjoy a peaceful evening; stargazing at Beau Vallon’s only observatory at coral strand hotel- Located on the rooftop of Coral Strand Hotel, you can observe a starry night from the island’s only astronomical observatory. 6. Spend a relaxing evening by engaging in a spa session- after a hectic day on the beach, you can head straight to the numerous spa parlours and enjoy a calm and relaxing spa session. You can head to Sesel Spa in H Resort Beau Vallon Beach, which is a famous spa spot here.
7. Go shopping in and around Beau Vallon- Beau Vallon has quite a lot of stalls located on the beach from where you can buy different kinds of art and crafts, jewellery and other authentic items, mostly handmade. You can also drive to Victoria where there are shopping complexes from where you can take away souvenirs.
Best Time to Visit Beau Vallon
Although the best Time to visit Beau Vallon depends entirely on you, to experience the best of this beach, you should visit during the months of February, July and August. Since Seychelles is located right beneath the equator, the climate is not in extremes. So on an average, it is mildly hot, all round the year.
If you are looking for a holiday with pleasant and soothing weather, then you should definitely visit Beau Vallon during the months of April and October. However, if your priority is to get flights at cheaper rates, then the months of January and November should be ideal for you. This place receives the highest rainfall during the months of January and December.
The sea temperature is ideal for swimming, all round the year but for surfing and other activities like windsurfing, May to September is considered to be the best. The turtle hatching season begins from January and goes on till March. If you are an adventure lover and want to go trekking in and around the wild, then May to September should be an ideal time to visit.
How to Reach Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon is located just five kilometres away from the Seychellois capital of Victoria. Numerous roadway transport options are available in Beau Vallon so you can easily travel by road. Although there are taxis available all around Beau Vallon, you can also book a fixed car from any car rental agency, which will also show you around the island.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
Romantic Seychelles - Budget Sepcial
Starting from $428
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Alluring Mahe Island and Praslin Island - Honeymoon Special
Starting from $795
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Island Hopping in Seychelles
Starting from $1,061
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Exotic Vacation - Seychelles and Mauritius Package
Starting from $825
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Magical Mahe Island, Praslin Island and Mauritius Vacation