Here is the list of top 20 vegan and vegetarian restaurants in Hong Kong:
1. Chi Lin VegetarianTo get a perfect dining spot amidst the waterfalls and greenery, Chi Lin Vegetarian provides the best of all. With a proper zen setup, this Buddhist eatery is located right in the lap of Nan Lian Gardens. With a minimalist decor, this vegetarian restaurant in Hong Kong takes you back to the roots of Chinese culture and traditions. Weekend rush is common in Chi Lin, so it is always better to book prior for savouring delicious meals, starting from HKD 120, approximately
Address - Long Men Lau, Nan Lian Garden, 60 Fung Tak Road, Diamond Hill
Monday to Friday - 12:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday - 11:30 AM to 09:00 PM
Cost for two - HKD 200 to HKD 400
Must-Try - Some excellent food which makes Chi Lin more attractive are Asparagus fried rice, deep-fried pumpkins, the mouth-watering cheese rolls, spring rolls, beetroot salad, cashew nut soup and much more.
2. NectarThe intermingling relationship of vegetarian food in Hong Kong and sustainability is the prime concern of Peggy Chan's Nectar. Peggy Chan, the owner and founder of Nectar, Nectar was formerly famous as the Grassroots Pantry providing exceptionally curated lunch, brunch, beverages, and seasonal tasting menus. The prime speciality of Nectar is that you do not just eat food and savour it, but you also get to know the story behind each food item and its making, right at your table while it is being served.
Address - 108 Hollywood Road, CentralTimings - 09:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Cost for two: HKD 600 to HKD 1500
Must-Try - An afternoon meal in Nectar will be quite memorable with Pandan Hedgehog Mushroom garnished with sweet and sour sauce, Tomato Tarate, Banana cakes with crispy oats and ice cream or with a heavy Nectar Cheese Course or Healing Mushroom Consomme.
3. Kung Tak Lam Shanghai Vegetarian CuisineA cuisine without its well intricately woven flavours is a complete mismatch. Here, in Kung Tak Lam Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurant the primary focus is given on the flavours, seasonings, and the happening ingredients. This northern Chinese restaurant, specializing in vegan and vegetarian Shanghai cuisines are tasty and palatable. The vegetarian dishes of Hong Kong served here become even more delicious with a view of the harbourside from the windows of the well lit Chinese banquet.
Address - 10/F, World Trade Centre, 280 Gloucester Road, Causeway BayTimings - 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Cost for two: HKD 200 to HKD 400
Must-Try - The cuisines with soy are very famous here, which gives a meaty taste in the dishes. Nonetheless, the famous tofu dumplings, char siu pastry, and old noodles are a must to eat while you visit Kung Tak Lam.
4. Ahimsa Buffet
Address - Shop B, G/F, Wah, Hai Mansion, 10-16 Fort Street, North Point, Hong KongTimings - 11:30 AM to 03:00 PM, 06:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Cost for Two: HKD 136
Must-Try - Turnip cake and Steamed bean curd rolls is a must-try. Lotus root dishes, mini noodles, kombu, yummy dishes of mushroom, handmade dumplings, innumerable spicy soup options, and green salad are some other must-try dishes in Ahimsa Buffet.
5. Saravana BhavanTo find the charm of authentic Indian cuisine in the lap of Hong Kong, Saravana Bhavan in Hong Kong, being an internationally known restaurant chain, is the best restaurant serving you vegetarian food in Hong Kong with vegan options also available. If you are in search of spicy but fresh food, Saravana in its closely-knit, the compact ambience will serve you within time.
Address - 1/F, Katherine House, 50-55 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui
Timings - 08:00 AM to 10:30 PM
Must-Try - With an excellent menu filled with authentic south-Indian dishes, for starters, you can have rasam soup, Rava Khichdi along with Hot Idli with chutney and sambar. Famous are Milagai Podi Dosa, Mysore Dosa, Cheese Dosa, Mint Dosa, Appam, Kaima Idly, Devil Potato along with a glass of ravishing Buttermilk or Lassi.
Cost for two - HKD 100 to HKD 150
6. Greenwoods Raw CafeHow about having some raw food in your lunch? Yes, you read it right. Greenwoods Raw Cafe, as the name depicts, serves raw food, where no food is heated about 41 Degree Celsius. Greenwoods thinks that food when served raw, serves the purpose best by providing the best form of nutritional value. Serving only during lunch hour, you can also reserve your seats for dinner on Saturday but with prior booking. With meals available within HKD 150, your hungry tummy can find a resort in this fresh, nutritional cafe.
Address - 13/F, 2 Carnarvon Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong KongTimings -
Monday to Friday - 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
Saturday - 12:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Cost for two - HKD 150 to HKD 250
Must-Try - Greenwoods has its own restricted menu but a great one. Be it the iconic Greenwoods Smoothie of banana, spinach, and pear, or Zucchini Spaghetti or Bolognese or Raw veggie Burger - everything is delicious and affordable.
7. Tong De Veggie
Address - 1/F, 10 Prat Ave, Tsim Sha Tsui, KowloonTimings - 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Must-Try - Trying out the amazing mushroom items like Sweet and sour pork with strawberry and pineapple sauce will be exotic along with the mango sushi.
8. Branto Pure Veg Indian Restaurant
Address - 1/F, 9 Lock Road, Tsim Sha TsuiTimings - 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM, 06:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Cost for two - HKD 150 to HKD 300
Must-Try - Coming to Branto and not tasting Puri Bhaji, Bhel Puri and Dahi Puri in the snacks section will be a mistake for life. Even, the main course dishes are equally delicious like Cheese Uttapam, Dahi Idli, Medu Vada, Sada Dosa, Pav Bhaji, Pineapple Pizza with sweets like Gulab jamun and Rasgulla.
Address - Shop 1, Ground Floor, H Code, 45 Pottinger Street, CentralTimings - 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Cost for two - HKD 50 to HKD 300
Must-Try - A must try in Tree House are the Savanah Burger, Banana Flatbread, exotic range of salads, 33 various veggie plant-based toppings for dishes, 10 kinds of homemade sauces and the mouthwatering desserts like energy balls, choc chip cookies, thin raw cakes, muffins and much more.
10. Sangeetha Vegetarian Restaurant
Address - UG 1-5 & 31, Wing on Plaza, 62 Mody Road, Tsim Sha TsuiTimings -
Monday to Friday - 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM and 06:00 PM to 10:30 PM
Saturday and Sunday - 08:30 AM to 10:30 PM
Cost for two - HKD 100 to HKD 300
Must-Try - From the huge list of food items, it is difficult to choose but one must definitely not miss the amazing Kaima Idly, Chilli Paratha, Kothu Paratha, Methi Kebab, Paneer Kebab, Ghee Podi Plain Dosa, Kara Dosa, dry Fruit Rava Dosa Kuzhi Paniyaram, Mushroom Sizzler along with sweets like Ladoo, Malai Peda, Suryakala and many more.
11. Isoya Japanese Veg Restaurant
Address - 83 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong IslandTimings - Monday to Saturday - 12:00 PM to 02:30 PM, 06:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Cost for two - HKD 400 to HKD 800
Must-Try - You can find vegetarian forms of many all-time favorite classic Japanese dishes. Apart from the regular avocado and cucumber rolls, Isoya offers excellent sushi platter, cold bean curd, tofu dish with seaweed, soy milk-based soup, gluten and much more
12. Mana! Central
Address - 92 Wellington Street, CentralTimings - Monday to Friday - 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Weekends - 10:00 AM to 09:00 PM
Cost for two - HKD 150 to HKD 250
Must-Try -The food of MANA! Central is uncomparable - be it the Classic Burger, Babylon Burger, Sun Juice, Green Juice or the yummy rainbow yams and dips. The mouth-watering signature flatbreads are also undeniable! Bliss with avocado, spinach, cucumber, and hummus or the MANA!
13. Kind Kitchen
Address - Shop 1, 1/F Nan Fung Place, 173 Des Voeux Road, CentralTimings - 11:30 AM to 09:30 PM
Must-Try - Coming to an extensive list of food, some must-try dishes include the sober Zucchini noodles, Beetroot Walnut Risotto, veggie burgers with truffle mayo with a glass of Cogito or Lemon Ginger Zest and a bite of Happy nuggets with honey mustard sauce.
14. Leisurely Veggie
Address - 25/F, Jardine Center, 50 Jardine Bazaar, Causeway BayTimings - 11:30 AM to 04:00 PM, 06:00 PM to 10:30 PM
Cost for two - HKD 300 to HKD 500
Must-Try - Anything and everything is available here in Leisurely veggie. Best amongst all is honey glazed crispy mushroom, Bean curd sheets with Lily Bulbs and Soybeans, the sizzling stir-fried mixed vegetable with XO Sauce, the heavy Pearl brown rice bowl along with a glass of iced Butterfly Pea and Pear juice.
15. Veggie Spinner
Address - 144 Tung Lo Wan Road, Causeway BayTimings - 11:00 AM to 10:00PM
Cost for two - HKD 150 to HKD 200
Must-Try - Some must-try food from the Fresh Veggie Spinner’s menu includes Risotto with Vegetables, Truffle Linguine set, fried spaghetti with tomato and mixed vegetables along with Pomelo tea or Mandarine Lemon or Longan Red Jujube Syrup
Address - 2 Arbuthnot Road, Central, Hong Kong IslandTimings -
Sunday to Wednesday - 06:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Friday and Saturday - 06:00 PM to 12:00 PM
Cost for two - HKD 200 to HKD 300
Must-Try - Food is heavenly in Veda. Starting with the Herb Green Salad also with Veda’s Misoy Ramen bowl and bite of Cashew Naan Pizza will be exhilarating. You must also try the homemade Semolina Potato Gnocchi, the tomato-based Okra masala, Quinoa Arancini with rich mozzarella along with Fig Cheesecake
Address - G/F, K. S. Lo Gallery, Hong Kong Park, AdmiraltyTimings - (Closed on every second Tuesday of the month)
Sunday to Friday - 10:00 AM to 08:00 PM
Saturday - 08:00 AM to 09:00 PM
Must-Try - Only quality food is served in Lock Cha - be it the steamed turnip cake, steamed vegetable roll, green squash roll, home-land sticky bun, yellow cucumber with vinegar, pan-fried mixed mushroom bun, veggie dumplings, or desserts like osmanthus wolfberry seed pudding or ginger pudding
Address - 54A Hollywood Road, CentralTimings - Monday to Saturday - 08:30 AM to 05:00 PM
Must-Try - Food is extensive which mostly stays quite under HKD 100. Bakery and snacks are beautiful like the gluten-free pancake, gluten-free cookie, and gluten-free and steamed muffins. Daily meals include Roasted Cauliflower Carrot Soup, Sichuan Veggie Mix with Soy Chicken, stir-fried seasonal veggies with ginger along with beverages like Jax Coco, Taboocha and many others.
19. OVO Cafe
Address - Wan Chai Road, Wan ChaiTimings - 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Cost for two - HKD 160 to HKD 200
Must-Try - Food is delicious. The OVO green salad, classic Nicoise lotus root salad, cheesy baked broccoli with tomato sauce, tomato with Japanese wasabi sesame sauce, Sichuan spicy risotto and lot more. Also, not to forget about the lustrous drinks like americano, flat white, brown sugar latte, orange passion fruit smoothie, lychee aloe soda and much more
20. Confusion Plant-Based Kitchen
Address - G/F, 103, Jervois Street, Sheung WanTimings - Monday to Saturday - 11:00 AM to 08:00 PM
Cost for two - HKD 100 to HKD 400
Must-Try - Some must-try veggie dishes of Confusion Plant Based Kitchen includes spiced chickpea and avocado sandwich with fries and sauce, Falafel wrap, Hedgehog Mushroom Burrito, Japanese Curry with rice and agedashi tofu along with some excellent choices of desserts which keeps on changing
~ Written by Sreyashi Paul and Ashutosh Chandra