1. Victoria HarbourTake a cruise, witness the remarkable fireworks show which is deemed one of the best in the world. Have a magical start to the new year at Victoria Harbour, the ultimate place to visit to welcome the new year in Hong Kong. Pictures can't do justice to the beauty of the Hong Kong skyline on this night. The show, which lasts about 10 minutes, will cost around HKD 14 million this time around.
2. Wish Upon a StarIt doesn't just start at midnight, but an hour before. Make sure you have a good spot in the area so you can enjoy the small firework show that starts at 11 PM and shoots crackers every 15 minutes. The fireworks are in 4 colours, green standing for happiness, red representing sweetness, gold for fortune, and silver for health. This mini-show that precedes the actual show at midnight is called Wish Upon a Star.
3. ParadeThe celebrations for an eventful new year in Hong Kong actually begin much earlier in the day, with a colourful and vibrant ceremony organised by the locals. This goes on until 10 PM.
4. New Year's Ball Drop @ the Times SquareYes, Hong Kong has its own Times Square in Causeway Bay! Thousands gather here to enjoy live performances and witness the ball rise and drop as they anticipate the new year in Hong Kong.
5. Party Till You Drop!There are many bars and nightclubs in places like Lan Kwai Fong in Central, Kowloon, and Wan Chai, where you can head out for New Year's in Hong Kong.
So, put your dancing shoes on, have a hell of a New Year's eve and welcome the new year in Hong Kong with your friends and family.