1. Refresh at Cubbon ParkOne of the best things to do in Bangalore for free is to visit Cubbon Park to spend some peaceful time amid nature and history. Established in the year 1870 by Sir John Meade, this 300 acre-stretch of lush greenery houses over 6,000 trees today. Located at the heart of the city in the Central Administrative Area, a stroll in this park is sure to be a walk to remember!
2. Bicycling Trips Around The CityThe city is blessed with pleasant and moody (climate crisis) weather that is perfect for some outdoor weekend fun and cycling across the city is one of the best things to do in Bangalore for free! If you are into cycling and would love to explore more of the city and surrounding nature hotspots, Bangalore offers many cycling trails. You can also visit nearby the forests like Hennur Bamboo Forest, Turahalli Forest, Nandi Hills or even nearby areas like Ulsoor Lake within the city.
3. Admire Bangalore's Street ArtGiven an artistic transformation just a few years ago, Bangalore has been visually evolving over time, and it is now among the few must-see street-art places among the tourists. Here are some locations we think you should visit for some aesthetics: Majestic Metro Station, Malleswaram, Koramangala, St. Markâ€™s Road, Ulsoor, Indiranagar, MG Road, Dhanvantri Road, and KR Market.
4. The Perfect Solo, Couple or Group Hangout at LalbaghLalbagh, also known as Lalbagh Botanical Gardens, was first planned out by the father of Tipu Sultan, Hyder Ali. Since then these gardens are managed by many generations of kings and rulers. The glass structure housing the ornamental plants is almost 130 years old. It was used during the flower shows organised back in the days. Stretched across 240 acres, it has over 1000 species of plants that also attract a number of species of birds.
5. Morning Energy at Sankey TankThis artificial lake spreading across 37 acres is the perfect start to your day. You not just witness a glimpse of the sunrise here but the energetic morning vibe from almost all age groups is reassuring! Its a great hangout spot even during the evenings. There are a line of chat stalls around the lake and a few toy stalls as well! Families usually come around towards the evening here.
Here are a few places we suggest to drop by.
1. ISKCON Temple - Lord Krishna's Abode
2. Shivoham Shiva Temple - Lord Shiva's Temple
3. Nageshvara Temple
4. Kote Venkataramana Swamy Temple - Lord Venkateswara's Temple
5. Surya Narayana Temple
6. St. Mary's Basilica, Bangalore
7. All Saint's Church
8. St John's Church
9. Francis Xavier's Cathedral
10. St Andrew's Church
7. Go Window or Actual Shopping at Malls So what if you don't want to buy anything and just want to spend some time window shopping? You can totally visit shopping malls for that! Several malls have become significant chill-out spots in the city. Be it the food court with your friends or on a window-shopping day with your best friend, the city has some of the best malls in the country and taking a stroll through these the well lit, fancy malls will cheer you up for sure!
8. Hit the Streets!Done with wandering in the pretty malls? Now, you can spend some time walking around in the busy streets of the shopping heaven. Places like MG Road, Commercial Street or Brigade Road, are hotspots for street shopping and there is nothing like walking down the street to keep yourself updated about the latest trends in the street shopping world.
9. Read at Atta GalattaAtta Galatta house over 10,000 books in Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi, Bengali and English. Relax and read away amid the sweet aroma of freshly bakery. The place also hosts regular literature and musical events. Keep in touch with their social media profiles to know more!
10. Attend Free EventsRight from free coffee tasting at Starbucks, Art Events At The National Gallery Of Modern Art to Movie Screenings at Alliance Francaise De Bangalore, there are many events in Bangalore that are for free! Such activities are announced every week and are super fun to visit with your friends. Keep an alert for such events in Bangalore and attend for unique experiences as there are many of these events and can be some of the most interesting things to do in Bangalore for free.
12. Visit Dog Shelters and Hang Out With These Fur Buddies!Do you love dogs but can't have them at your home? Too busy to have one for yourself? Shelters like Second Chance (CUPA's adoption centre) and Charlie's Animal Rescue Centre (CARE) are open for pet lovers. If you adore dogs and just love to be around them, you can volunteer or spend some time petting at such these dog shelters and is surely one of the most wholesome ways of things to do in Bangalore for free.
Do you now have a plan for those broke Saturday evenings? Do you think we missed out on any such free and relaxing activity to do in the city? Let us know in the comments below which of these things to do in Bangalore for free are you favourites!