This weekend, if you are in Goa, experience the joy of a picnic on the golden sands under the sun at these top 10 picnic spots in Goa:
1. Majorda BeachMajorda Beach is considered the most beautiful beach in Goa. It is located in the southern part of Bogmola and is well connected with an excellent network of roadways. Majorda is popular for its toddy and bakery. Tourists enjoy a wide range of sea-food here. It is known for its tranquillity and serenity. You might have heard about this beach in context of Indian mythology. It is believed that Lord Rama was kidnapped and brought to this beach in his childhood and later came here in search of Sita. Majorda beach is famous for the number of water sports you can enjoy here apart from swimming and sunbathing. A picnic under the sun beside the sea is a fun way to enjoy the pleasures of Goa.
2. Mayem LakeMayem Lake, also known as Maya Lake, is located at Mayem near Bicholim, in North Goa. It is a beautiful freshwater lake and a favourite picnic spot. It is a famous spot for bird-watching to catch a glimpse of the migratory birds in Goa. It also offers fun activities like boating to make your picnic even more memorable. You can easily find accommodation here as there are some resorts and cottages on the slopes overlooking the lake. There is a park nearby offering you the perfect picnic spot to play and enjoy. The calmness and picturesque beauty of the place is a bonus.
Dudhsagar falls will surely leave you with a beautiful experience.
4. Spice GardenA Spice Garden tour is always recommended to tourists in Goa. Here you can see various spices and herbs whose medicinal significance is explained to you by the guides. The guides explain different farming techniques employed in the garden like swinging and climbing. Apart from this, you can also enjoy a scrumptious and simple meal of Goan seafood which is served to everyone. The plantation is rich in flora and fauna. You can also purchase spices, natural oils, containers and cutlery of good quality at a reasonable rate. It is an offbeat picnic point but should be visited by everyone.
5. Cansaulim MonteThe small village of Cansaulim Monte is located in South Goa at the top of a hill. Apart from the mesmerising view and spectacular beaches, Cansaulim Monte is well known for the Chapel of Three Kings. The secluded and serene beach of Cansaulim Monte has a number of shacks and restaurants for the tourists. One can see the magnificent expanse of the beach from the hilltop. Considered as one of the cleanest beaches of Goa, the golden sands of Cansaulim, Arossim and Cuelim Beaches comprise the second largest beach stretch in India. A picnic at Cansaulim will be an enriching experience for everyone.
Wildlife Sanctuary. People conduct yoga classes here too given the idyllic and calm setting which makes it great for a picnic.
7. Dona Paula BeachLocated 7 kilometres from Panaji, Dona Paula, also known as Lover's Paradise is frequented by many tourists. This blue and tranquil spot is the best place to enjoy aquatic sports. One can enjoy jet skiing, water scooter rides, windsurfing, para-sailing, harpoon fishing, kayaking, water-skiing, sports fishing, snorkelling, toboggan ski-biscuit, skibob, yachting and motorboat rides here. Salim Bird Sanctuary is where you can see both local and migratory birds. Tourists throng this place to indulge in water sports under the balmy sun. This beach has also been a location for many Bollywood movies. This is a perfect picnic point for adrenaline-junkies.
8. Arambol BeachA major attraction for international tourists, Arambol is a traditional fishermen village. Arambol beach is serene and clean and is relatively less crowded. There are many shacks and huts here along with a colourful flea market. You can witness the most beautiful sunset here followed by fireworks arranged by the shack owners. It has a distinctly bohemian feel that sets it apart from all other beaches. There is a sunset drum circle too where you can enjoy feet tapping music. You can indulge in sports like paragliding and kite surfing along with a calm picnic while enjoying the mesmerising sunset.
10. Butterfly BeachSaving the best for the last, Butterfly Beach is a paradisiacal place, and a must visit for everyone. It is situated at the northern end of Palolem Beach and is a fairy place. Rich in aquatic life and stunning views, Butterfly Beach with its calm aura is a hidden gem. Golden sand, high rocks and warm blue water with a plethora of sea life like crabs, goldfishes, sea urchins, redfish, sea cucumbers, and dolphins. The millions of butterflies over the hilltops give this beach its name. You can only reach this beach by water. Rent a boat from Palolem Beach to Butterfly Beach for a paradise like a picnic experience.
Take a break from your monotonous routine if you are in Goa, the most happening place in India. Rejuvenate your spirits with a fun picnic and indulge in Goan cuisine, water sports, sunbathing and more.