Goa is famous for its wild beach parties, thumping nightclubs, and quaint bars but the scenic beauty of Goa's beaches also means that it is among the best spots for picnics and wholesome family outings. Going for picnics in Goa are among the most popular leisure-time activities and in this guide, we will take you through the best picnic spots in Goa.
Here are our Favourite Picnic Spots In Goa:
1. Majorda BeachMajorda Beach is located in the southern part of Bogmola. Majorda beach is famous for the number of water sports you can enjoy here apart from swimming and sunbathing. This is a great picnic spot in goa for the family.
2. Mayem LakeMayem Lake, also known as Maya Lake, is located at Mayem near Bicholim, in North Goa. It is a beautiful freshwater lake and a favourite picnic spot. It is a famous spot for bird-watching to catch a glimpse of the migratory birds in Goa. It also offers fun activities like boating to make your picnic even more memorable. You can easily find accommodation here as there are some resorts and cottages on the slopes overlooking the lake.
5. Cansaulim MonteThe small village of Cansaulim Monte is located in South Goa at the top of a hill. Apart from the mesmerising view and spectacular beaches, Cansaulim Monte is well known for the Chapel of Three Kings. The secluded and serene beach of Cansaulim Monte has a number of shacks and restaurants for tourists, which makes it ideal for picnics. One can see the magnificent expanse of the beach from the hilltop. Considered as one of the cleanest beaches of Goa, the golden sands of Cansaulim, Arossim and Cuelim Beaches comprise the second largest beach stretch in India.
7. Dona Paula BeachLocated 7 kilometres from Panaji, Dona Paula, also known as Lover's Paradise is frequented by many tourists. This blue and tranquil spot is the best place to enjoy aquatic sports. One can enjoy jet skiing, water scooter rides, windsurfing, para-sailing, and a host of other water sport activities to whip up your appetite before tucking into a hearty picnic. This is a perfect picnic point for adrenaline junkies.
8. Arambol BeachA major attraction for international tourists, Arambol is a traditional fishermen village. Arambol beach is serene and clean and is relatively less crowded. There are many shacks and huts here along with a colourful flea market. You can witness the most beautiful sunset here followed by fireworks arranged by the shack owners. It has a distinctly bohemian feel that sets it apart from all other beaches. You can indulge in sports like paragliding and kite surfing along with a calm picnic while enjoying the mesmerising sunset.
10. Spice GardenA Spice Garden tour is always recommended to tourists in Goa. Here you can see various spices and herbs whose medicinal significance is explained to you by the guides. The guides explain different farming techniques employed in the garden like swinging and climbing. Apart from this, you can also enjoy a scrumptious and simple meal of Goan seafood which is served to everyone. The plantation is rich in flora and fauna. You can also purchase spices, natural oils, containers and cutlery of good quality at a reasonable rate. It is an offbeat picnic point but should be visited by everyone.
Amazing picnic spots in Goa can be found across the state so let us know in the comments below which among these are your favourite!