Major Car Rentals in Goa
1. Reliable Rides Self Drive Car Rentals in Goa
Address: H.No -167 Opposite House of Loydes, Saipem, Candolim, Goa
Contact: +91 99210 58764
2. Goa Car Rental
Address: Firanguebhatt Neeul, Bardez Goa.
Contact: +91 8380852317, +91 9850993358
3. Joey's Car Rentals
Address: Shop No. 6, Ferry Wharf, Panjim, Goa
Contact: +91 7720-018989
4. SS Car Rental
Address: Prajakta Apts, flat T2, Sirvodem, Margao, Goa
Contact: +919730112959, +917875110999
5. Vailankanni Auto Hires
Address: A-5, St. Joseph Apartments, Camotim Vaddo, Candolim, Bardez, North Goa
Contact: +91 9822101598, 0832 - 2489568
6. S&S Tours & Travels Goa Limited
Address: OLD GOA, Navecar hill city SR - 2 s 5 / 6 2ND FLOOR 2ND BUILDING BAIGUINIUM, Panaji
Contact: +91 98221 65556
7. Go Goa Car Rentals
Address: Behind De Alturas Resorts Shop 2, Bamon Vaddo, Candolim
Contact: +91 99236 68188
8. 24*7 Car Rentals in Goa
Address: Umiya Quatro - D, Shop No. 25, Zuari Rd, near International Airport, Green Valley, Dabolim
Contact: +91 97645 55888
9. GoiCar Self Drive Car
Address: Saldhana Business Tower Near Mapusa Court Bus Stand, Mapusa
Contact: +91 98601 22226
10. Rukmini Car Rentals
Address: House No. 145, near Alor Hotel, Naika Vaddo, Calangute
Contact: +91 79723 87929
Cost of Renting a Car in Goa
Cars for rent in Goa are available at a range of INR 1000 per day and going up to INR 3000 or INR 4000 or higher, depending on the type of car. Luxury cars are quite expensive. The cheapest option available is i10 and WagonR. At times, these prices are negotiable depending on the demand and whether it is a tourist season or not.
There is also INR 2000 to INR 5000 security deposit on these self-drive rental cars.
Type of Cars for Rental in Goa
- All types of cars are available at car rentals, and you can choose one according to your budget and the number of people in your party. There is a huge variety at your disposal, and you can find almost any car if you look hard enough.
- The most common and the cheapest options are small hatchbacks like Nano, Alto or medium-sized hatchbacks like i10, WagonR and Swift. You can also opt for sedans like Swift Dzire and Verna or compact SUVs like Creta, Duster, Baleno, etc.
- If your group includes more than five individuals, go for bigger SUVs like Innova or Scorpio. If you're feeling a little adventurous, you can also opt for a Thaar.
- You also have the option of renting luxury cars like Audi and BMW. There are many automatic cars available too.
Documents Required for Renting a Car in GoaIf you want to rent a car, you must hold a valid Driver's License. You also need to submit your original ID proof like your Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Passport which will be given back to you upon returning the car. Foreign tourists have to provide a copy of their Passport or even the original.
Some car rentals do not accept PAN Card as ID proof. Always keep a photocopy of the documents. A vendor might ask for it to maintain a record.
Usually, every car rental in Goa takes due insurance measures that reduce the user's liability in case of an accident. You are required by many places to submit a security deposit of INR 2000-5000 depending on the car model. This amount is fully refundable as long as you return the car within the rental period without any damage. Most of the Goa car rentals do not provide any theft insurance so you should ask the company before renting out a car. To avoid any scratches or damage, be sure to drive the cars only on roads and not go off track.
InclusionsGood car rentals in Goa have their cars equipped with air conditioning and airbags for the safety of the users. The fuel charges are not included in the rental money, so the users have to get it refilled at their own cost upon return.
Many up-and-coming establishments also offer 24x7 roadside assistance in case of a breakdown or as and when needed.
Recovery Policy of Self-Drive Cars in GoaYou can come across many car rentals that offer a delivery option. You can have your car delivered to landmarks like railway station, airport, and even your hotel, depending on the distance between you and your car rental company. A lot of car rentals in Goa also have a pickup option. However, you should be prepared to pick and drop off the vehicle at the rental place.
In case your car breaks down, some car rentals only provide reimbursement if you get the repair done by an authorized car dealer. Some might not provide you with any reimbursement at all.
Things to Remember While Renting a Car in Goa
- Before renting out any car, make sure to check it for any damage. You should always see if the car already has some scratches or dents and bring this to the attention of the vendor.
- Cars are rented out for a fixed period. This can vary from a single day to 3 to 4 days. Make sure to bring it back on time to avoid extra charges.
- At all times keep the car clean from the inside. Do not return the car in an untidy condition. The vendor can charge you money for getting the car cleaned.
- Car rentals do not allow the car to be taken outside Goa or to specific resorts or clubs. Ask the car rentals about this and go through the list of places thoroughly.
- The rental car companies have a different cancellation policy. The charges depend on how many days before the pickup you cancel your booking.