Best Time to Visit Goa on HoneymoonThe best time to enjoy a honeymoon in Goa is between October and April. During these months, you can be assured of privacy; not many large tourist groups throng the islands, and couples can enjoy quality time together. The occasional rains add a touch of romance to the air, and the pleasant evenings are perfect for a stroll by the beach. These months are perfect to enjoy watersports and trekking too.
To make the best of your honeymoon, it is recommended to spend four nights and five days in Goa. This ensures adequate time to go around the city and explore the gorgeous attractions while making great memories with your significant other as well.
- Devote a day to water sports like scuba diving, surfing, banana boating, parasailing, or wakeboarding. Hiking and trekking are also good options.
- Set aside two days each for North Goa and South Goa – the beautiful churches, wide beaches, shacks waterfalls, cafés, and forts are worth a visit, and you are sure to make unforgettable memories with your loved one.
- Take a party cruise or hit the local nightclubs to dance the night away, or opt to stay at a beach hut for a night to enjoy the ocean at night!
Top Places to Visit in Goa for Honeymoon
1. CalanguteFittingly called the Queen of Beaches, Calangute is a breathtaking white sand beach. With a thriving nightlife, a bustling street market, and sunbathing spots galore, Calangute is the best place to visit for honeymoon couples in Goa. Popular with tourists for a reason, Calangute boasts of some of the best street food in all of Goa. Try the Konkan, Goan, Portuguese, and continental options here and be blown away by the rich flavours.
2. AnjunaStay the night at Anjuna to watch fire dancers in action or let your hair down with your partner at the clubs by the beach. Tucked between the Aravalli Hills, Anjuna also hosts night flea markets and beach parties regularly.
3. ColvaThis spectacular white sand beach lined with swaying palm trees and crystal clear waters is the perfect destination for couples on their honeymoon in Goa to enjoy some lovely time together – the beach umbrellas, sunbeds, and shacks provide much-needed privacy away from tourists and huge groups. The seafood options here are to-die-for!
5. PalolemScuba trips, dolphin spotting, and spectacular sunset views await honeymooners at Palolem Beach. The beach shacks and huts here are perfect to spend a night in – swim in the calm waters at night with your loved one. If you’re looking for an out-of-the-box party, check out the silent nights here – plug into headphones and groove to your own music at this special ‘silent’ dance party!
Location: Panaji, Dona Paula, near Mormugao Fort
Timings: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM everyday
7. Fort AguadaThe stunning fort Aguada at Panjim was built in the seventeenth century. This Portuguese fort houses an erstwhile jail, a freshwater reservoir, and a lighthouse. With a staircase that spirals to the top to give panoramic views of the beach, Fort Aguada is a must-visit for history enthusiasts and honeymoon couples in Goa.
Location: Fort Aguada Road, Sinquerim Beach, Candolim
Timings: 8:30 AM 0 5:30 PM everyday
Location: Sonaulim, Madgaon-Belgaum route
11. Chorao IslandAlso known as the ‘Stunningly Precious Stone’ in the local language, Chorao is a delightful island off the coast of Panaji. The largest of Goa’s islands, Chorao is also home to a bird sanctuary. Formerly a Portuguese settlement, today it offers a quaint retreat into yesteryear Goa – with ancient fortresses, stunningly ornate villas, churches, and gorgeous views. While you’re there, don’t forget to go wine and cheese tasting!
12. Divar IslandIf you’re in the mood for a quick getaway back in time, head over to Divar Island – this charming island is an untouched paradise that retains the elements of a traditional Goan village. Accessible only by ferry from Old Goa, this Portuguese-inspired island is replete with paddy fields and old churches. With gorgeous views of the countryside and the sunset, this island is a must-visit to avoid the loud crowds of the mainland, especially famous amongst couples honeymooning in Goa.
13. Explore the Nightlife of GoaA combination of live banging music, exotic cocktails and fine liquor, great food and unbeatable views of the beach characterize the party scene in Goa. Here are some of the most popular nightlife spots in Goa.
Address: Calangute - Arpora Road, Arpora, Goa 403507
Phone: 098235 39000
LPK Waterfront Club
Address: Opposite Bank of India, Verem - Nerul Rd, Nerul, Goa 403114
Hours: 9:30 PM - 3:30 AM
Phone: 084484 41088
Address: Titos Lane, Baga Beach, Goa, 403516
Hours: 6:00 PM - 4:00 AM
Phone: 098227 65002
14. Delectable Goan FoodBeach shacks are just an example of how good the food is. Wait till you experience their truest delicacies - a melange of Konkan, Portuguese and Arabic influences! Coconut, vinegar, chilli, cashew nut, guava, pineapple, tomato and potato all adorn their dishes and prove to be flavourful and warm to the palette. Above all visit the Goan bakeries! They have so much to offer to the world of favourite local pieces of bread include Uned (small, round and crispy breakfast rolls), Pao (round buns) and Pui (flat, pancake-like rolls).
Must visit: The oldest bakery in Goa - Confeitaria31 De Janeiro
Address: Corte De Oilerio, 18th June Road, Panaji, Goa 403001
15. Water sportsAdventure is at its peak on this coast. Grab your love and head out to the shore! It's always fun to learn and experiment with your bae and even better if it's water sports.
- Windsurfing at the Dona Paula bay near Panjim
- Parasailing to get a bird's eye view of the coast
- The Baga beach has a beautiful shoreline with colourful fauna and flora
- Catamaran sailing courses and activities at Palolem beach
- Snorkelling - INR 1500 for 1 hr
- Rafting at Valpoi river
Transportation in GoaGone are the days where you depend on someone to travel to a new city. Begin by renting a car or a bike, and with google maps, there's nothing to beat the new love cart in town. From SUV's to Fancy cars, RE Thunderbird and the Himalayan - you can have it all. Here are some rentals for you:
Joey's Goa car rentalsResorts in Goa for Honeymoon
Address: Office No.6, D B Road, Panaji Park, Near Ferry Wharf, Panaji, Goa 403001
Phone number: 098221 02829
Car rental Goa
Address: Vailankanni Auto Hires, 107, Gera Imperium I, Patto Center, Panaji, Goa 403001
Phone: 0832 248 9568
Reliable Rides Self Drive Car Rentals in Goa
Address: H.No -167 Opposite house of Loyds, Saipem, Candolim, Goa 403515
Phone: 099210 5876
Bike Rentals in Goa
Address: Fort Aguada Rd, Behind De Alturas Resorts, Candolim, Goa 403515
Phone: 095117 86847
Goa offers the perfect mix of heady nightlife, stunning beaches and delicious cuisine, all of which come together to offer the best honeymoon experience for newlyweds! Let us know in the comments below what you're most excited for.