Even as every city of Thailand is famous for its nocturnal escapades, we have highlighted some of the hottest, vibrant and truly unmissable sights so that you can soak in the very best of the cities.
1. Chao Phraya River CruiseThere is nothing more surreal than a lavish spread of dinner enhanced by soul-rousing music overlooking the lit-up city. The Chao Phraya River Cruise is an extravagant cruise with two hours of uninterrupted delight offering a panoramic view of historic sites like the Royal Grand Palace, Wat Phrae Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha), Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) amongst many others.
The cruises offer a scrumptious buffet, convenient pickup and drop off points, on deck entertainment and overall, an experience at par to none. It is family-friendly, so you can consider this as the perfect flourish to your Bangkok trip.
Location: Chao Phraya River: easy to locate. (Can be accessed through ICONSIAM, Asiatique and River City Pier)
Timings: Check-in starts at 7:00 PM, Cruise timings: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
(Indian Buffet available)
2. Rooftop Bars in BangkokBangkok offers an array of captivating rooftop bars, where you can lay back and enjoy the choicest of food and drinks while admiring the skyline of the city. Among the most renowned are the Octave Rooftop Bar, Sky Bar, Above Eleven and Speakeasy Rooftop Bar. Because these would some of the more premiere ports to experience the nightlife in Thailand, look up the dress code specified for bars, they are often stringent and prefer dressy attire.
Cost for two: Approx THB 2000-5000 = USD 70-90 = INR 5,500 (Differs upon different locations)
Location: Sky Bar: 63rd Floor State Tower, 1055 Silom Road, Bangrak; Octave Rooftop Bar: 57 Sukhumvit Road
Timings: 7:00 PM - 2:00 AM daily
3. Live Jazz Shows
Cost for two: Cocktails: USD 26 = THB 830 = INR 1800
Locations: Bang Rak, Sukhumvit Soi, Thanon Phaya Thai
Timings: Shops open at 5:00 PM, Music shows begin from 8:00 PM
Cost for two: Varies upon how much you splurge. Usually cheaper.
Locations: Khao San Road, Yaowarat Road, Chatuchak Road
Timings: 8:00 PM-Midnight everyday
5. Night ShowsBangkok nightlife is incomplete without the grandeur of the night shows lighting it up. They offer a myriad range of shows from Muay Thai boxing, Ladyboy Cabarets, Siam Niramit shows among others. You can also witness the best traditional puppet shows along with your family. The intense dramatics and over-the-top extravaganza promise to engage you completely for two hours.
Cost for two: Approx USD 40 = THB 1000 = INR 2000
Location: Calypso Cabaret: Bang Kho Laem; Playhouse Cabaret: Yaowarat
Timings: Multiple shows are held each night, starting from 7:30 PM
6. Clubs and Adult-Themed RecreationBangkok is celebrated for its liberal outlook and inclusive nightlife in Thailand for adult-themed resto-bars. With dignified red-light areas lit up with flashy neon lights and raunchy titles, they offer a range of activities for all sexualities. Be sure to visit the Patpong night market, Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy among many others.
Cost for two: USD 65 = THB 2000= INR 4300
Location: Sukhumvit Soi 4, Bang Rak
Timings: 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM
1. Soi BanglaArguably the most famous of Phuket nightlife destinations, it promises the epitome of fun, frolic and clubbing. The entire road is lined with the flashiest of go-go bars, street performances, ladyboy shows among others. At the end of the road, the beach is lined up with a relaxed vibe with a heady mix of cocktails and people dancing to world-famous DJs. Nightclubs like Seduction, Illuzion, etc are the most favoured.
Location: Bangla Road at Patong, Kathu
Timings: 10:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Ticket for two: USD 35 = THB 1200 = INR 2500
Location: Tambon Patong, Chang Wat
Timings: 6:00 PM, 7:45 PM and 9:30 PM shows
Ticket for two: USD 90 = THB 3000 = INR 6000
Location: Kamala, Kathu district
Timings: Shows begin from 9:00 PM, Dinner buffets start from 6:30 PM
4. Other Attractions- Live Music at Patong Beach (Hard Rock Cafe)
- Gay Phuket Beach extravaganza
- Thai Boxing at Patong Beach
Nightlife in Phi Phi Islands
The most notorious spots are the Ibiza Beach House, Apache Beach bar, Slinky Bar, Reggae Bar amongst others.
Prominent experiences are those at Marine Disco, Gulliver’s, Club Insomnia and Ice Bar.
Cost for two: Drinks range from INR 500- 3000 = USD 10- 50
Location: Southern end of Beach Road, Muang Pattaya
Timings: Starts from 7:00 PM till the wee hours of midnight
2. Bars and ResturantsIf the Walking street screams with loud, drunken amazement, the Horizon Bar is a silent step away from it. Perfect for a romantic date, with a heady mix of delectable cuisine and sights, it promises a delightful view of the beach and some calm intimate time with soft jazz setting the mood. The Hard Rock Cafe is another favoured destination with a lively music ambience along with The Roof Sky Bar, which is a luxurious step towards an elegant conclusion to your escapades while you enjoy the nightlife in Thailand.
Cost for two: Drinks range from INR 500- 3000 = USD 10- 50
Location: Hilton Pattaya, Moo 9 and Beach Road
Timings: 5:00 PM- 1:00 AM
3. Thepprasit Night MarketPattaya’s night market proves to be one of the liveliest, dimly lit market offering great deals on items and Thai cuisine stalls catering to lip-smacking delicacies like Pad Thai noodles, meat amongst others. You can find cheap clothing, accessories and knick-knacks while being in the midst of the loveliest jazz music. A must visit with the family.
Location: Thep Prarist Road, Muang Pattaya
Timings: 5:00 PM - 12:00 A.M
4. Nightclubs in PattayaPattaya nightclubs are the raunchiest, loudest and credited with the best experiences. Some of the best nightclubs are the Club Insomnia, The Pier and Mixx Discotheque Club.
Location: Walking Street, Bang Lamung District
Timings: 8:00 PM - 4:00 AM
5. Soi Road 7A laid back experience with a pocket- friendly environment, soi road 7 offers a variety of experiences from massage centres, bars, resto-bars, tattoo centres, discos, food carts that line up the beach. It is a hotspot for most tourists with open beer bars that flow throughout the night. Something for a budget-friendly tourist who wants to enjoy the beach and drinks without burning a hole in their pocket.
Cost for 2: INR 500 = USD 8 = THB 230
Location: Closely along Pattaya Beach
Timings: Begins from 7:00 PM - 3:00 A.M
6. SKY Pattaya Rocket Ball RideA thrilling ride that promises the loudest of screams as its riders are tossed high up in the air in a caged sphere, rotating amongst its own. A definite ride not for the faint-hearted, it vouches for the perfect adrenaline high.
Location: Walking Street
Cost for two: USD 30 = THB 500 = INR 1100
Timings: 5:00 PM - 3:00 AM
With this, we have exhaustively compiled both family-friendly and party-centric places for you to enjoy the nightlife in Thailand to its max. Ticking each spot off this list would be a feat, for each provides a thrilling, immersive experience! So jet, set and party, Thailand awaits you!