Essential FactsNote: A visa on arrival can be sought only if your stay in Thailand does not exceed 30 days.
There are 48 designated channels of immigration checkpoints where you can obtain your visa.
These six international airports of Thailand have 24 hours Visa on Arrival service:
- Phuket International Airport
- Don Muang Airport, Bangkok
- Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani
- Chiangmai International Airport
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
- Airline Boarding Pass
- Passport valid for at least 30 days. The booklet should have two blank pages for official use.
- Visa application form - this is available at the checkpoints on arrival.
- A confirmed return ticket showing that you are flying out of Thailand within 15 days.
- Two recent photographs not older than six months, of 4cm x 6cm (Note: Photos can be clicked there, but are chargeable)
- The completed arrival-departure form given by the airline.
- Hotel address/any other stay address that can be verified.
- Proof of THB 10,000 per person and THB 20,000 per family. This can be in the form of actual cash or a credit card. Bank account statements showing money in the account are also usually accepted.
- Application fee of THB 2,000 to be paid in cash only (accepted only in Baht)
Tips and TricksSome tips that can make your visa process hassle-free:
- If you are arriving at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport, you have the option of filling your visa form online, printing a copy and carrying it with you. This can massively speed up your application process.
- It is possible to fast track your application by paying an extra THB 200. If you are not travelling on a tight budget, we recommend that you opt for this, beat the rush and sail through the otherwise time-consuming process.
Note: If you need a receipt for reimbursement of your visa fee, you will get one only for the THB 2000 and not for the additional THB 200.
- If you are not opting for the fast track service, try and rush to the visa channel to avoid the rush. Also, fill your form while standing in the queue so that you reserve a spot early.
- If you are visiting Phuket, plan to obtain your visa from Bangkok's Survanabhumi Airport first. The Phuket International Airport is said to be slower than its counterpart.
- Make sure your passport is valid for six months from the date of your return to India. You don't want to be on the next flight back to India!
- Keep in mind the cross-currency charge when you withdraw Baht from a forex/credit/debit card. It is advisable to purchase some amount of Baht from India itself. You get a decent exchange rate, and the cash comes handy for the visa and travel from the airport.
- Keep two spare photographs (of the same dimensions) with you.
- New Delhi