Here are ten ways to spend your honeymoon in Hong Kong:
1. Repulse Bay and Other BeachesIf you are looking for a sunny and fun honeymoon, the beaches of Hong Kong are the answer. A romantic walk by the shore enjoying the soft sea breeze or going together on an adventurous diving experience – Hong Kong has it both. Repulse Bay, located in the southern district of Hong Kong tops the list as one of the most beautiful and luxurious areas in the world, perfect for a Hong Kong honeymoon.
Some other beaches – Turtle beach, Big Wave Beach, Hung Shing Ye beach.
2. Chi Lin NunneryChi Lin Nunnery is the perfect destination to spend a peaceful day during your honeymoon in Hong Kong. The large temple complex offers the right atmosphere and beautiful scenery for your date. You can take a romantic walk along the complex while admiring the magnificent architecture and the serene lotus ponds.
Location - 5 Chi Lin Drive, Diamond Hill, Kowloon
3. Hong Kong Observation WheelA kiss atop the Ferris wheel with a splendid view of the landscape – that’s the ultimate romantic dream, right? Well, search no more. The 60-metre observation wheel in Hong Kong offers just the dream. There are 42 gondolas in which one is a VIP gondola with leather seats and a clear glass bottom.
Location - 33 Man Kwong St, Central
4. Hong Kong DisneylandCelebrate your love on your honeymoon in Hong Kong with your favourite Disney characters in Hong Kong’s Disneyland located in Lantau Island. You could visit the various lands in the park and witness your favourite Disney movies and characters come to life. The amusement park also serves as an excellent backdrop for that honeymoon album.
Location - Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, Penny's Bay, Lantau Island
5. Ocean ParkIf you haven’t had enough fun with Disneyland, visit Ocean Park, the second-largest amusement park in Hong Kong. Located in the southern district of Hong Kong, it is also a marine mammal park, oceanarium and annual theme park. Spend the day in all fun and frolic with your partner in this wonderland to seal your Hong Kong honeymoon!
Location - Aberdeen
6. Victoria PeakThe Victoria Peak in the western half of Hong Kong Island is the perfect romantic destination. The journey to the peak tower and the subsequent view of the Hong Kong landscape is breathtaking. A visit to the Madame Tussauds is also much recommended.
7. Lantau IslandTake your romance a notch up in the largest island in Hong Kong. Bask in the beautiful landscapes of Ngong Ping and Tai O, the historical remnants at Tung Chung fort, the serene atmosphere at the Trappist Haven Monastery and go frolicking around the Hong Kong Disneyland.
Location - Southwest Hong Kong
8. Victoria HarborA relaxing walk along the promenade of this natural landform harbour with the panoramic night view will be one of the unforgettable memories of your honeymoon in Hong Kong. You can also enjoy Rides on the Star ferry, see annual fireworks display on the second day of lunar New Year or the spectacle of Symphony of lights or go on a walk through the Avenue of stars.
9. Ferry CruiseGo on a romantic cruise in the many ferries whilst enjoying the scintillating view of the Hong Kong skyline. You can also enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner as the ferry moves to the rhythm of the waves and the pleasant sea breeze. Here are some ferry cruises quite ideal for a Hong Kong honeymoon:
- Star Ferry's Harbour Tour - Single Ride Night Round Trip
- 'Pearl of Oriental' Dinner Cruise
- Pre-Dinner Sunset Cruise
- A Symphony of Lights Dinner Cruise
- DukLing Harbour Cruise
10. Streets of Hong KongThe streets of Hong Kong are infamous for shopping, of course, but also for providing you with good times. You can walk hand in hand through the dingy streets and alleys whilst going on a shopping spree or a local food spree.
Best Time to Plan a Honeymoon in Hong KongThe ideal time to visit Hong Kong for Honeymooners will be between October – April as the climate is less humid and the lush green everywhere adds to the romantic atmosphere. The months between October – December provides you with a crowd-free peaceful experience with reasonable room rates and a pleasant climate.
Hong Kong has something for everyone, especially the romantics. So, what are you waiting for? Plan your Hong Kong honeymoon together or surprise your significant other with a trip to one of the liveliest and posh cities in the world.