With that said, here’s a list of some of the popular golf courses in Vietnam that you must visit if you love playing golf, and if you are a regular then becoming a member would just be the cherry on top.
1. Ba Na Hills Golf Club Situated at the foothills of the famous Ba Na Hills, the Ba Na Hills Golf Club has many awards in its name. It was awarded “World’s Best New Golf Course” at the World Golf Awards in 2016, “Vietnam’s Best Golf Course” in 2017, “Asia’s Best Golf Course” in 2017 and 2018, among a few other notable awards.
The first ever golf course designed by Luke Donald and managed by IMG, the club offers numerous excellent facilities including a club house and an academy and driving range. With fine dining restaurant, it is quite a golfing experience to enrol in the academy here. With some A-class training, it sure deserves the multitude of awards being handed over to it. Stretching over 7,800 yards, it is fitted with floodlights to allow golfers to play at night.
Location: An Son, Hoa Ninh Ward, Hoa Vang District, Da Nang City, Vietnam.
Opening hours: Friday & Tuesday- 6:00AM-9:00PM, other days- 6:00AM-7:00PM
Weekdays- 3,100,000 VND
Weekends- 4,100,000 VND
2. Montgomerie Links Located in a stunning setting featuring sandy soil, wind-blown dunes and native vegetation, Montgomerie Links Golf Course in Vietnam was created by the golfing legend Colin Montgomerie. Rated as one of Asia’s ten most elite courses by Forbes Travel Guide in 2012, the par-5 12th hole has been described as one of the best in Vietnam. The enriching learning experiences in the academy, as well as the vast number of luxurious club facilities, make golfing here a memorable adventure.
Location: Dien Ngoc Ward, Dien Ban Town, Quang Nam Province, VietnamFor further information on rates of other golf components and membership options, visit the official website of the course.
Opening hours: everyday- 6:00AM-7:00PM
Weekdays - 18 holes- 2,950,000 VND (visitor); 590,000 VND (member)
Weekends and public holidays- 18 holes-4,050,000 VND (visitor); 590,000 VND (member)
3. Laguna Lang Co Golf Club Part of Laguna Lang Co Resort, the golf club is a good place for both professional golfers as well as amateurs. With 18 coastal golf holes, it is designed by Mr Nick Faldo. The golf course for experienced players stretches across 6,958 yards whereas the one for beginners stretches across 5,263 yards.
Location: Loc Vinh, Phu Loc, Thua Thien Hue 530000, Vietnam
Opening hours: Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday-6:00AM-6:30PM; other days- 6:00AM-7:30PM
Weekdays- 2,750,000 VND (non resort guests); 2,350,000 VND (resort guest)
Weekends- 3,750,000 VND (non resort guests); 3,150,000 VND (resort guest)
4. BRG Danang Golf ResortBRG Danang Golf Resort is situated on the central coast of Vietnam. With a 7,160 yards golf course, 18 holes, blown-out bunkers, etc., it was designed by Greg Norman. The resort has won notable awards over the years with the latest being “Vietnam’s Best Managed Course 2015” by Vietnam Golf Association & Vietnam Golf Magazine. With restaurants, bars and lounges, and a conference room, it provides facilities to organise private functions and meetings.
Location: BRG Da Nang Golf Resort, Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son, Danang City, Vietnam
Opening hours: everyday- 5:45AM- 7:30PM
One hour lesson-1, 500,000 VND
30 minutes lesson- 1,000,000 VND
15 minutes focus tip lesson- 500,000 VND
5. Sky Lake Resort and Golf Club Giving a premium golfing experience, Sky Lake Resort and Golf Club offers two 18-hole PGA standard courses: Sky Course and Lake Course. The Lake course is reserved for members only and stretched across 7,557 yards. It was also voted as the 2012/2013 most challenging course in Vietnam. The more accessible Sky course is open to golfers of all levels. With facilities like a clubhouse, golf shop, equipment rental, golf carts and around 200 professionally trained caddies, it has been awarded the 5th Best Course in Vietnam by Golf Digest U.S. 2016/2017.
Location: Van Son Lake area, Chuong My District, Hanoi
Opening hours: weekdays- 5:30AM-7:00PM; weekends- 5:00AM-7:00PM
Weekday: 2,720,000 VND
Weekend: 3,130,000 VND
6. Phoenix Golf ResortThe largest 54-hole golf course in Vietnam, Phoenix golf resort spreads over 315 hectares. Designed by Ron Fream, it offers three courses to golfers- phoenix course, dragon course and champion course. With a 5-star condo-hotel, and other facilities such as clubhouse, theme restaurant, Pro shop, banquet hall, etc., it provides a wholesome golfing experience.
Location: Lam Son Commune, Luong Son District, Hoa Binh Province
Opening hours: everyday- 5:00AM- 6:30PM
7. Vinpearl Golf Club Vinpearl Golf Club aims at providing exceptional experiences to professionals and amateurs alike. The 4 wonders built in Vietnam- Vu Yen Island (Hai Phong), Nam Hoi An (Quang Nam), Hon Tre Island (Nha Trang) and Phu Quoc Island- are designed by IMG Worldwide. The courses range from 18-36 holes, and provide various other facilities to keep the customers happy and entertained.
Locations:For opening hours and rates, check out the individual websites of the 4 golf courses.
- Hon Tre Island, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province
- Bai Dai, Phu Quoc Island, Kien Giang Province, Vietnam
- Vu Yen Island, Nguyen Binh Khiem Road, Dong Hai 2 Ward, Hai An District, Hai Phong, Vietnam
- Thanh Nien Road, Binh Duong, Thang Binh, Quang Nam, Vietnam
8. Dalat Palace Golf ClubSet amidst a mountainous setting and cool climate, this golf course in Vietnam spans a whopping 7,009 yards. With a clubhouse, fully equipped pro-shop, locker rooms and international standard restaurant, it is easily a popularly liked location for many golfers.
Location: Phu Dong Thien Vuong St., Ward 1, Da Lat City, Lam Dong Province, Vietnam.For their golf rates, check out the website for the various packages that they provide.
Membership fees: 44,000,000 VND (individual); 77,000,000(family)
9. Ocean Dunes Golf Club Designed by Masters and British Open champion Nick Faldo, Ocean Dunes Golf Club has an 18 holes par 72 and stretches across 6746 yards. The best hole of the club, 148-yard ninth, was selected as one of the “The Best 500 Holes in the World”. The club offers a playable course for both low and high handicap players. Due to its amazing facilities and spectacular views, the course was recognised as one of the top-10 resort courses in Asia.
Location: Phan Thiet
Timings: Open everyday
10. Vietnam Golf & Country ClubA 36-hole golf club, this golf course in Vietnam spreads across 300 hectares. It features two marvellous courses in the east and the west course. The east course was designed by six-time Major Champion winner Lee Trevino, while the latter was designed by Taiwanese architect Chen King Shih. It further provides a range of services including restaurants, Pro-shop, private rooms, caddies, etc.
Location: The ClubHouse Long Thanh My, Ward District 9, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Opening hours: Tuesday-Sunday- 5:30AM- 10:30PM; Monday- 5:30AM- 7:00PM
Weekdays- 1,900,000 VND (visitor); 1,800,000 VND (member guest)
Weekends- 3,000,000 VND (visitor); 2,900,000 (member guest)
Note: Rates vary according to the time of the day as well
11. Vung Tau Paradise Golf ResortDesigned by Taiwan Golf Corporation, it has 27 holes par 72/36 and spreads across 6840 yards. With accommodation, massage, sauna, restaurants and swimming pool facilities, Vung Tau Paradise Golf Resort is a must-visit for all golf lovers.
Location: Vung Tau Paradise Golf Resort, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Opening hours: Everyday- 8:00AM- 9:00PM
12. The Bluffs Ho Tram Strip Designed by the legendary Greg Norman, this golf course in Vietnam aims to capture the true essence of links-style golf. With a renowned restaurant and luxurious locker rooms, you are sure to have a thrilling adventure here.
Location: Phuoc Thaun, Xuyen Moc, Ba Ria- Vung Tau, Vietnam
Timings: open 24 hours
Weekdays: 4,347,000 VND
Weekends: 5,037,000 VND
13. Kings Island Golf ResortHaving 18 holes par 72, it is designed by Robert McFarland. The resort spans across 6457 yards. The Lakeside Course has many holes beside the banks of the surrounding lakes. Featuring a clubhouse, restaurant and a swimming pool, golfers often want to go back to Kings Island Golf Resort once they have been here.
Location: Son Tay, Hanoi, Vietnam
14. Chi Linh Star Golf & Country ClubOpened in 2003, this is one of the newest golf courses in Vietnam. Designed by Independent Golf Course Services, Chi Linh Star Golf & Country Club has 36 holes and is located in a beautiful valley with lakes surrounding it. It is the perfect place for that mini-golf escapade you might be looking for.
Location: Thai Hoc, Chi Linh District, Hai Duong,Vietnam
15. Van Tri Golf Club Providing the best quality services for golf enthusiasts, Van Tri Golf Club is the first exclusively private golf course in Vietnam. Receiving many awards such as “The Most Beautifully Designed Golf Courses in Vietnam”, and offering the facilities of a clubhouse, fitness centre, and locker rooms, it is a premium destination for golfing.
Location: Dong Anh, Hanoi, Vietnam
Membership fee: 50,490,000 VND (annually)
16. Tam Dao Golf ResortSpreading across more than 7,200 yards, Tam Dao Golf Resort provides golfing opportunities for both professionals and amateurs. Designed by world famous IMG sports, it is equipped with advanced irrigation facilities to maintain the green grass throughout the year.
Location: Hop Chau, Tam Dao, Vinh Phuc, Vietnam
Price: Check out the website of the resort for the different offers they provide for golf enrolment fees.
17. Twin Doves Golf Club and ResortPlanned as a golfing paradise, this beautiful golf course in Vietnam makes optimum use of its surrounding natural landscape. It offers three golf courses namely Luna Course, Stella Course, and Sole Course. With additional facilities of a clubhouse, hotel, villas and restaurants, it is indeed a golfing haven.
Location: 368 Tran Ngoc Len, Dinh Hoa, Thu Dau Mot, Binh Duong, Vietnam
Opening hours: Monday-Wednesday: 5:30AM- 9:00PM; Thursday-Saturday: 5:30AM-11:00PM; Sunday: 5:00AM-8:30PM
Weekend- 466,000 VND (member); 1,281,500 VND (guest)
Ladies Day (Wednesday) - 466,000VND (member); 1,165,000 VND (guest)
18. Sea Links Golf & Country Club Spreading over an area of 168 hectares, Sea Links Golf & Country Club is regarded as one of the “Most Challenging 18 Holes Golf Course in Asia”. Its location which is 80m above sea level is primarily responsible for making it this challenging. Along with golf club, it also has a fine restaurant, pro-shop, and a world-class complex comprising of 188 luxurious rooms.
Location: Km9, Nguyen Thong, Phu Hai, Phan Thiet, Binh Thuan, Vietnam
Opening hours: everyday- 5:30AM- 6:00PM
Price: Visit their website to know the membership and golf fees.
19. FLC Samson Golf LinksSpread over an area of 92.4 hectares, it is an 18-hole golf course. This golf course in Vietnam is designed by Nicklaus Design and has the potential of becoming a very popular as well as a unique link golf course.
Location: Thanh Nien, Quang C, Sam Son, Thanh Hoa 440000, Vietnam
Opening hours: Daily: 6:00AM-8:00PM
20. Bo Chang Dong Nai Golf Resort Started with 18 holes, nine more holes were added to the resort in 2002. Occupying 300 hectares of land, it is divided into 3 zones with 9 holes each. With a villa and restaurant facility, it provides a refreshing golfing experience to visitors.
Location: Song Trau, Trang Bom District, Dong Nai, Vietnam.If you are a golf enthusiast, this country will never leave you disappointed with its vast number of golf courses in Vietnam.
Opening Hours: open 24 hours
Price: Check out the website for the short term, company and other membership packages that they provide.