There are two major ways an Indian can obtain a Vietnamese Visa:
1. At the Vietnamese EmbassyYou can directly apply for a Vietnamese Visa at the Vietnamese embassies and consulates located in India or any other country. In India, the Vietnamese embassies are located in Delhi and Mumbai. The addresses of both have been provided below.
Embassy of Vietnam, New Delhi
Address: 17, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapur, New Delhi, 110 021, India
Fax: +91-11-2301 9818
Email: [email protected]
Consulate General of Vietnam, Mumbai
Address: Wajeda House, Gulmohat Cross Road No.7, Juhu Scheme, Mumbai, 400 049, India
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.vietnamconsulate-mumbai. org/
The processing time for a Vietnam Visa applied for directly at an Embassy is 7 to 10 working days, as long as all the necessary documents have been enclosed. The necessary documents include:
- Visa application and filled out from the Vietnam Visa website.
- One passport-size photo (4cm x 6cm)
- Covering letter stating the purpose of visit
- Confirmed hotel reservations with contact information
- Confirmed return air ticket
- Updated bank statement of the last three months
- Evidence showing that you are have enough financial sources for your travel (at least VND 23,000,00)
2. OnlineThe easier way to apply for a Vietnam Visa is online. Visit the official Vietnam Visa website, recognized by the Vietnam Immigration Department. From the website, applying for a visa is a simple, four-step procedure.
- Fill out the online application form. Ensure that the fields of Name, Passport Number, Date of Birth, Gender and Nationality are accurate and match those provided in your passport.
- Re-Check your information. Then pay VND 571,650 for a single-entry visa and VND 1,143,300 for multiple entry visa, through any popular credit card service such as Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- Your Visa Request will reach the Vietnamese Officials and will shortly be processed. You will receive an email confirmation containing an approval letter within two business days. You must print this letter and carry it along with you.
- On arrival at Vietnam's one of three international airports - Hanoi, Go Chi Minh City or Danang, you will have to produce your printed approval letter, two passport size (4x6 cm) photographs and the required fee. A Vietnamese immigration official will check your documents and then stamp your passport with a Vietnamese Visa.
FAQs for Vietnamese Visa:1. What is the approval letter?
The visa approval letter is a document is a document that allows you to enter the country of Vietnam and exit for a limited period o time. With this letter of approval, you can pick up your visa on arrival at one of three international airports in Vietnam. The approval letter cannot be amended once created, and in case you wish to change your information, you have to apply for another letter.
2. What if I change my flight and arrive at a different airport?
The approval letter can be submitted at any of the three international airports. Switching to a different airport does not change anything. You can get your visa on arrival at any airport.
3. When do you have to pay?
You will have to pay at the Vietnamese International Airport when you submit your approval letter and get your passport stamped.
4. What are the cards that are accepted?
Any credit/debit cards are accepted. Cards must be Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
5. How much in advance should I apply for an approval letter?
You can apply for an approval letter whenever you wish to. However, it is suggested that you apply for an approval letter 1 - 2 months before departure just to make sure that the plan does not change.
6. What is the procedure to get your via on arrival stamp at the airport?
Upon arrival at the airport, fill in the sample form, and attach your photographs in the area provided. Fill in the correct amount you are paying. This should take around 10-15 minutes. Normally the entire stamping procedure takes 15-30 minutes. However, sometimes it may take up to two hours due to too many arrivals. Make sure you get off the flight and rush to the visa approval desk to finish the process as soon as possible.
7. Do I have to provide the exact date of arrival?
You do not have to provide an exact date of arrival. However, it is important to note that you cannot enter the country before his date specified on the letter of recommendation. Also, you must leave the country before that.
8. Are there any exceptions this kind of Visa?
The approval letter/ online visa is not valid for overland entry. It is only valid for entry through one of the three international airports. For an overland visa, you must visit an embassy.
9. What if my passport has expired?
Before you apply for a Vietnamese Visa, your passport must have at least six months of validity left. So if your passport is going to expire, ensure that you get a new passport before applying or the visa.
10. How do I receive my visa approval letter?
A PDF version of a colour scanned copy of the approval letter is sent to your email address, so do ensure that you have provided the correct email address.
11. Can the approval letter request be processed faster?
The approval letter is generally emailed within five business days. However, you may request for it to be processed faster in two ways:
(a) Same Day Processing If you submit your application and pay the fee by 12:00 PM Vietnam Time on a working day, you can request the letter to be sent by 6:00 PM.
(b) Next Day Processing - If you submit your application and pay the fee by 12:00 PM Vietnam Time on a working day, you can request the letter to be sent by 6:00 PM on the next day.
Note that this does not apply for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
This article details the Vietnam Visa procedures for an Indian citizen as thoroughly as possible. To check the status of your application, visit https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/status.html. In case you do have any questions, drop an email to [email protected]