1. How did you two decide on starting off a travel-gram together? What inspired the name? We love it!We've been friends our whole lives since we met in the 1st standard. We both studied abroad and caught the travel bug when there, and once we returned to India, naturally, started travelling together. This blog started as a fun way to document our travels and give readers the inside information that we tend to look for when we plan our trip. Grab Your Globe is a nod to literally grabbing a globe and picking a destination to discover, as well as a metaphor for making the most of what life (and the world) has to offer.
2. What kind of travellers would you say you two are?
We'd like to believe we're immersive and hopefully conscious travellers. When travelling, it's important to us that along with making the most of typically tourist attractions, we dig a little deeper and discover insider spots and experiences. Our focus is local experiences, so food, stay and mingling with the people that live there, according to us, is the best way to get an authentic experience. In terms of conscious travels, it's important to make sure you're not harming the eco-system, disturbing the locals and leaving a negative impact on the place. Of course, we're fairly experimental as well - so if there's a once in a lifetime experience on offer, we will definitely choose to do it!
View this post on Instagram
3. What are some amazing destinations, according to you, that need to be on a best-friends travel list?
A road trip through North India, we did one from Chandigarh - Kasol - all the way through Leh and Ladakh, was one of our best trips.View this post on Instagram
A vacation through Borneo, it has one of the best diving spots in the world, along with the cleanest beaches! A Spanish holiday with your girly girls is a must!
4. What do you prefer more - domestic or international trips?Definitely a combination of the two. India is startlingly beautiful and diverse, and I don't think we've discovered even 20 per cent of what it has to offer.
5. What's on your bucket list for the year 2020?Everything! We want to see the whole world! New Zealand, Japan, North East India, Chile, Antarctica, the list is endless...
6. Do you both love beaches over mountains or is it a daily debate?
Simone is an out-and-out beach person and loves finding quiet, untouched beaches where she can live out her lazy fantasies.View this post on Instagram
Chandni loves the forest and the mountains! And snow!
7. Tell us about one daring adventure you recently took together?
Haha, we'd like to believe all the things we do are daring and adventurous. But honestly, starting this blog together has been the most daring thing we've done - considering we both have full-time jobs and no help paying for our holidays, it's been quite a fun challenge keeping it going.View this post on Instagram
8. What would you recommend to another set of best friends wanting to travel as extensively as you do?
Travelling with someone else has its set of challenges, so it's important to compromise when you're together. Be democratic, make sure everyone gets a say in the plan, and don't enforce the "everyone does everything together" rule all the time. Travel is a big investment, and it's important that everyone gets a chance to enjoy what they want. Be considerate of timings and room etiquette. And most importantly, go with the flow and focus on the fact that you're going to have this lovely experience together, rather than the nitty-gritties.View this post on Instagram
Do follow their Instagram Page 'Grab Your Globe' here.