Go SightseeingTake a tour around the main attractions of the city such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Fountain, Dubai Creek, Palm Jumeirah, Al Fahidi historical neighbourhood, and Dubai Marina. The night scenario of these brilliantly lit up places will be a different sight to behold, from what you see in broad daylight.
Catch an exclusive night view of the city- illuminated skyscrapers, fountains, creek and the vehicles rushing on the highway, from the top of the Burj. The last entry is at 11:30 PM.
A well-choreographed and illuminated fountains that dance to the tunes of great symphonies. Enjoy the incredible music and light show, that starts every 30 minutes, for free. This is one of the things to do in Dubai at night that is best during the dark.
Walk down the alleyways of the Al Fahidi Al Bastakiya historical neighbourhood, and witness the traditional architecture marvel of old Dubai.
4. Dubai Marina and JBR
Take a stroll around Dubai Marina or the Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR Walk) which is fenced by illuminated skyscrapers and some of the best cafes.
5. Photography ToursGo on a photography tour or take a night photography workshop with Gulf Photo Plus to visit the major attractions while learning more about night photography.
Go on a night tour of the city in a boat or Dhow cruise in Dubai Creek. You can even choose your boat and your dinner to enjoy while sailing through the major landmarks of Old Dubai. Watch the beautiful lit-up city as you enjoy this fun thing to do in Dubai at night
Guided Night Tour Information:Starting Points: Dubai Mall, Deira City Centre, Madinat Jumeirah, etc.
Starting Timings: From 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Operators and Booking Info: There are also pre-booking facilities for a night sightseeing package or a food-tour package, offered by companies like the BigBus and Frying Pan Adventures.
Price: AED 130
Explore the Wilderness of the Desert and the Ocean
7. Overnight Desert SafariYour Dubai visit will be incomplete without a Desert Safari at night. The vast Arabian Desert is never short of activities at night- from barbeque dinner to musical nights with belly dancers, from camel riding to sand skiing and quad biking, you have got them all.
- Arabian Adventures by Emirates Holidays
- Arabian Nights
- Desert Safari Dubai
- Platinum Heritage
- Book Dubai Trip
Note: The company vehicle usually picks you up from your place at afternoons and drops back by next day morning. The cost of the trip starts from AED 750, and varies from company to company, depending on the facilities and range of activities they offer.
8. Go Star GazingWhat better thing to do in Dubai at night than go stargazing! Go for stargazing trips with the Dubai Astronomy Group. The trips are mostly free of cost but you have to get yourselves registered for the same before meeting up at a particular stargazing spot (usually the desert area) to watch the twinkling stars and transition of other celestial bodies.
Where: Dubai Astronomy Group, Al Thuraya Astronomy Centre, Mushrif Park, Mushrif - Dubai (+971 4 221 6603)
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
10. Explore the Marine lifeDive deep into the ocean to explore the vibrant marine life at the dark hours. The waters are crystal clear and full of varied species of fish and aquatic plants. The divers have to be certified professionals who have taken a dive within the past six months. At least two people are sent for a safe night dive, and in most cases the diving kit is provided by the company.
Where: Al Boom Diving, Dive Center, Villa 254, 33rd Street, Al Wasl Road, Jumeirah 1, Dubai (+971(0) 4-342-2993)
Timings: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Saturday-Thursday) , 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Fridays)
Places to Entertain Yourselves
Address: Exit 37, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road and Emirates Road, Dubai
Timings: Saturday to Wednesday from 4:00pm – 12:00am (entry gates close at 11:30pm)
Thursday, Friday and Public Holidays from 4:00pm – 1:00am (entry gates close at 12:30am)
Mondays are dedicated to Families and Ladies only.
Ticket fare: AED 15 per person (free for children under the age of 3 and senior citizens over the age of 65)
Address: Ground level of Dubai Mall, Doha Street, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Timings: 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Ticket fare: starting from AED 190 (fare differs for various activities)
13. Ski Dubai
Take a break from the scorching heat outside and indulge in an authentic skiing experience within the comforts of a mall in the city. Ski Dubai, located in the Mall of the Emirates, is an indoor ski resort where you can try diverse activities like snowboarding over the mountain style slopes, taking a zipline or a chairlift ride, watching a penguin show, or just taking part in a snowball fight with your family or friends.
Address: The Mall of Emirates, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Timings: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Ticket fare: starting from AED 200 (fare differs for various activities)
14. Motiongate DubaiA Hollywood themed amusement park that houses film studios, children’s parks, roller coasters and water rides and other film-based shows, is a perfect spot for your kids’ night out. Motiongate sets the adrenaline levels high for both kids and adults alike as you come across your favourite Hollywood characters and go on adventurous rides and motion simulating shows.
Address: Sheikh Zayed Road, Opposite Palm Jebel Ali, Dubai
Timings: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Ticket fare: starting from AED 275 (fare differs for various activities)
Timings: Most clubs start filling up from 10:00 PM and may go on till 3:00 AM or 4:00 AM.
Entry: Entry might be free in some clubs that charge only for the drinks while some have an entry fee, starting from AED 200.
Other Fun Activities
16. Full Moon Horse RidingExplore the desert and dense forest on a horseback under the romantic moonlight. Whether you are a beginner or a pro rider, this 90-minute tour offered by the Equestrian Club, will take you through the enchanted desert landscape, but only on full moon nights.
Where: Winners Equestrian and Polo Club, Mushrif Park, Dubai (+971 58 960 1438)
Timings: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Price: Starting from AED 300
17. Glow-in-the-Dark Yoga and Full Moon YogaThe Yoga studios in Dubai are known for their diverse yoga routines, which include Urban Yoga’s candlelight yoga and glow in the dark yoga using fluorescent lamps and equipment. You can even do yoga under the stars, by the beach on a full moon night at the Talise Spa.
- Urban Yoga, 3701 Aspect Tower, Executive Towers, Business Bay, Dubai (+971 4 369 7882)
Timings : 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- Talise Spa, King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Street, Jumeirah - Dubai - United Arab Emirates (+971 4 366 6818)
(Only on full moon nights)
18. Dine in the DarkBook a table and have a dining experience like never before at the Noire Fairmont, where you are served dinner in pitch darkness, by waiters wearing night-vision goggles. You are served a three-course meal with refreshments in a dark room, with the aim of sharpening your other senses and appreciating the taste of what you eat. A part of the restaurant’s income goes to a charity organisation that combats blindness in developing countries.
Where: Noire, Level 9, Fairmont Dubai, Trade Centre Area, Dubai (04 3118316)The list does not end here, as you are never short of things to do in Dubai at night. With several malls and food outlets open till late night, beach sides to have a stroll, nightclubs to party hard, and the wilderness that welcomes the adventure seekers- Dubai is wide awake to keep the night owls entertained and you would not find any excuses to stay in once the sun goes down.
Timings: 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM
Price: AED 650 for two people (approx.)