Types of Skydiving in Dubai
1. Outdoor SkydivingAs the name suggests, outdoor skydiving takes place in the open. If you are a beginner, you will be a part of tandem skydiving, which means you'll be strapped to a professional skydiver during your jump. If you have a skydiving license, only then are you allowed to jump solo.
Once you are registered, equipped with all the safety measures and explained the whole process, you'll be taken up in the sky at a height of 13,000 ft. This is where all the action will begin. You'll take the leap of your life along with the professional instructor while another professional diver records your whole experience. You'll freefall for the first 60 seconds. As soon as you reach the height of 6000 ft your parachute will be deployed. Next up, simply enjoy the breathtaking view from up there for the next 4-5 minutes before you land on the ground (safely).
Operators for Skydiving in DubaiSkyDive Dubai is the only outdoor operator for skydiving in Dubai. With world-class trainers, divers, and safety measures, SkyDive Dubai are excellent at the work they do.Locations of Outdoor Skydiving in Dubai and Price
1. Palm Zone:
A more premium location, The Palm Zone drops you just above the azure blue waters surrounding Palm Island. Here you will get to view the amazing Dubai skyline and prominent attractions of the city such as Palm Jumeirah Island, Burj Al Arab, Atlantis Hotel, and more.
Price: AED 21992. Desert Zone:
Address: Al Seyahi St - Dubai
Dubai lets you have the unique experience of the ocean on one side and desert on the other. Located just outside the city, on Al Ain Rd, the Desert Zone offers incredible views of the endless desert of the city. You'll see stunning sand dunes and the Dubai skyline in the distance.
In addition, you can also learn licensed professional solo diving at both locations.
Price: AED 1699Few Rules and Tips for outdoor skydiving in Dubai:
Address: Al Ain Road - Dubai
For timings and bookings: https://bookings.skydivedubai.ae/Slot/GetSlotsForDate
1. The diver must be at least 18 years old to be able to skydive
2. No one should be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
3. One should be in a reasonable state of health with diseases.
Male - Weight: 100.0 kg or less. BMI - maximum of 30.0
Female - Weight: 90.0 kg or less. BMI - maximum of 27.5
2. Indoor Skydiving in DubaiIf you didn't know this, you can have a skydiving experience indoors as well, thanks to the development of technology. Prepare to defy gravity without having to jump out of a plane. A relatively new concept, this is ideal for those who don't want to shell out a large sum for outdoor skydiving or are too scared to try it.
You'll be put into the world's first double vertical wind tunnel. With the help of powerful fans and air conditioners, you'll be floating in air 3 meters from the ground. Covered with acrylic glass, the tunnel is completely safe. A freewill simulation and state-of-the-art facilities will make you feel like you are skydiving in real life.
Indoor Skydiving Operators and Price:
1. InFlight Dubai: Inflight Dubai's tunnel is sized at 16.5 diameters and is one of the largest in the world. Located at a prime spot near the desert zone of Skydive Dubai, divers can combine the fun of outdoor and indoor skydiving. They also host sports competitions from time to time. Make sure to check out their website (http://inflightdubai.com) for more details.
Price:2. iFly Dubai: iFly Dubai is the first indoor skydiving place to open in a mall. With 10ft Fly Chamber Diameter, the tunnel is part of The PlayMania, an entertainment complex. In addition to indoor skydiving, you can also enjoy indoor skiing, bowling, aqua park, football, bowling, and more.
AED 262 for 2 mins
AED 497 for 4 mins
AED 706 for 6 mins
AED 889 for 8 mins
AED 1,048 for 10 mins
Address: E 66, Skydive Dubai Desert Campus The ideal time for first-time flyers is 2 to 6 minutes. You will learn the basics of indoor skydiving and also enjoy the whole experience.
Price: AED 220 for 2 minsFew Rules and Tips for Indoor Skydiving in Dubai:
Address: Third Floor, Play Nation Area, City Centre Mirdif, Ghoroob, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road.
1. The minimum age for the diver should be 12 years
2. Weight barrier: Under 180 cm: 105 kg max.
Over 180 cm: 115 kg max.
Things to Know Before you Go Skydiving in Dubai
- Divers are expected to be above the age of 18 and must weigh less than 100 kg or less. BMI is also checked of the individual.
- If the weather isn't considered safe (For example, if a sandstorm is approaching then) it is likely that the session will be called off and would re-scheduled.
- One is expected to fill the liability waiver form.
- The recommended time for the entire experience is around three hours although the dive is done in around 35-45 minutes.
- First-time divers can enjoy the tandem session where they are harnessed to one of the instructors. When the divers complete 500 jumps, they can enrol in a professional course and pass out as professional instructors.
- One can even purchase the Skydive experience as a gift for its premium location: The Palm Zone. This, however, needs to be purchased online. However, the rules and eligibility are still applicable.
- People suffering from severe medical conditions are not allowed for safety reason.
Skydiving in Dubai Price
Skydive from roughly AED 1700. On the other hand, the Palm zone skydive starts from around AED 2200. There is a package where you can select both the campuses, however, the prices for this differ.
Skydiving in Dubai Cost in Rupees:The above-mentioned pricing packages include providing a safe experience, and professionally edited photos and videos. There will be professional divers as well with cameras so every moment of your sensational trip can be re-lived again with your loved ones!
Desert Zone: INR 30,027
Palm Zone: INR 38,900
The palm zone is equipped with state of the art equipment. There is also a café where divers come in after the landing to relax and reflect on their session.
Skydiving in Dubai BookingThe official website for Skydive Dubai is quite adequate for providing all the information about the entire process of booking. The booking can be done online using a card and even cash at the spot (having booked your slot before-hand).
Booking is perhaps the only hard thing about the entire Skydive experience! In order to get your favoured slot, you may have to try harder and start booking in advance. And by advance, we mean around one to three months in advance. This kind of waiting period is required to avoid any unforeseen circumstances, ensure aircraft availability, and to avoid over-booking during peak times.
What's the View Like When Skydiving in Dubai?Skydiving is a spectacular adventure but in Dubai, the experience gets twice as enjoyable. The views of man-made islands hugging the Dubai shores, the expansive Persian Gulf, and the stretch of the desert at the back. All of this from an insane height! While you descend the thrill never descends.
Height and Speed of the FallMost of the Tandem jumps are done from 13,000 feet (which is approximately 4000 meters). The Tandem skydive is the quickest way to experience the real thrill when you're descending at about 120 miles an hour. Being securely attached to the instructor, Tandem Skydive also happens to be the safest and easiest way to enjoy skydiving. The Tandem skydives at the desert campus, however, happen from around 12,500 feet which is around 3810 meters.
Skydiving in Dubai is an enthralling experience whether you choose to dive indoor or out in the open. With excellent trainers and equipment offered at a cheaper price than other cities, get this adventure checked on your bucket list the next time you visit the City of Gold.