Located on the ground floor of the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo houses over 33,000 marine life occupying the 10 million litres of water within the tank. A unique underwater zoo occupies the level above the tank showcasing a plethora of underwater life that can be found inhabiting the oceans, rivers and other water bodies across the planet. The VR Zoo makes up the third section offering thrilling wildlife adventures via realistically created virtual tours.
Photos of Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo
Book Dubai Activities
Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo Combo Ticket
Deals start $20
Burj Khalifa with Underwater Zoo and Dubai Aquarium
Deals start $51
Burj Khalifa Observation Deck Ticket in Dubai
Deals start $38
Burj Khalifa + Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo Combo Tickets
King Croc Encounter / Ray Encounter / Otter Encounter: AED 230 each
Caged Shark Encounter: AED 630
Entry to VR Zoo: AED 30 for Animal 360 Experience and Ocean Experience
Annual Pass: AED 400 for adults whereas the children (3-12 years) require passes priced at AED 300.
Annual Pass for Family (2 adults+2 children): AED 1100.
The tank measures 51 meters in length is 20 meters wide and is 11 meters in height. It is spacious enough to hold several marine life, thus allowing the visitors to view them in their natural conditions. The number of sand tiger sharks within this beautiful suspended aquarium is the highest in the world. The tank is home to 140 unique species of marine animals that includes stingrays and different types of fish. The visitors are encouraged to travel along the 48-meter long tunnel viewing the aquatic animals at from a 270-degree angle.
Aquarium Zoo at Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
The mysterious underwater life thriving under the oceans and rivers becomes apparent at the aquarium zoo at Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoothat can be viewed from within the Dubai Mall via an enormous acrylic panel. The visitors are amazed to witness the astounding marine live numbering over 30000 and belonging to 146 different species.
Tourists with a ticket can walk through the underwater tunnel and enjoy watching the animals from advantage points. There are educators standing by, ready to answer the queries of the curious visitors about the life and habits of the marine animals. However, it is the sand tiger sharks that are most talked about here. Many of the visitors wait patiently for the feeding time of the sharks and the giant croc before exploring the other wonders of the zoo.
This extraordinary zoo is located on Level 2 of Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, just above the Aquatic Tank. Children and adults alike are mesmerized by the spectacular displays of animals with 40 different shelters holding a wide variety of animal life that includes the Humboldt Penguin, African Dwarf Crocodile, Lion fish, Otters, the Giant Spider Crabs as well as the sharp teeth piranha fish. The Archer Fish holds special interest for the visitors along with the elongated eels and snakes exhibited at this zoo.
The entire area is divided into three distinct zones namely, the Rain forest, Living Ocean, and Rocky Shore that showcase different ecosystems of the earth and the animals living there. The King Croc as well as the Night Creatures of UAE a few of the other attractions at the zoo.
The visitors enjoy the thrill of adventure and experience the nature in an amazing way while coming face to face with the predators, great apes and reptiles of all kinds at Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo. It is indeed a unique experience that has the tourists both happy and scared at the same time. Surprisingly, it is a virtual tour of outstanding standards where the ticket holders gain firsthand knowledge about the wildlife and their habitats without having to move an inch.
Aquatic Experiences at Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
1. Cage Snorkeling: Tourists are also provided with the fantastic opportunity to snorkel in the 10 million litres of the water-filled tank that teems with a diversity of marine life. The visitors remain within a cage that is lowered into the depths of water, bringing them close to the sharks, rays and colourful fish swimming at close quarters. Price: AED 370
2. Shark Dive: Many of the visitors at Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo are eager to experience the wonders of diving by jumping into the water of the tank as well. The zoo authorities provide diving gear and instruct tourists about the do’s and don’ts of the dive before starting. Tourists get to swim amongst beautiful marine life, including the sand tiger sharks deep within the water. Price: AED 595
3. Shark Walk: Many of the visitors prefer to watch the sea creatures without the encumbrance of heavy gear. The sea walk within the aquarium tank provides them with the right opportunity where they can watch the beautiful marine life at close quarters by merely donning a helmet. Price: AED 620
4. Photography: It is also possible to rent the unique underwater Go-Pro cameras for AED 230 that helps the visitors bring unique moments with sea animals to life. The photographs are clear and entirely life-like, thus enabling the happy tourist to relive the priceless moments for decades afterwards.
5. Kids’ Adventure Activities: Children between the ages of 5 to 15 are thrilled to experience life underwater and participate in several activities, including feeding the sharks as they ride a glass-bottom boat at the aquarium.
6. Animal Feeding: Visitors wait patiently for the aquarium's feeding time as they get to watch experienced divers feed sharks, rays and the king crocodile.
7. Boat Ride: Riding on a glass-bottom boat that skims the surface of the water in the tank is a fantastic experience for people not too keen on adventure.
8. Virtual Tours: Visitors to the Dubai Mall can opt for taking a virtual tour of the aquarium tank as well as the underwater zoo without getting their feet wet. The shark exhibits along with a tour of the rear portion of the house, make it an enjoyable experience with the tourists gaining knowledge about marine life.
1. Booking online a day in advance is advantageous as the tickets are available at discounted rates 2. Pregnant women are not permitted to undertake the adventure activities 3. It is necessary to carry drinking water and camera 4. Wearing comfortable clothes that are not loose or flapping is necessary so that the animals do not get excited
How To Reach Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo
The Dubai aquarium and the zoo is conveniently located at the ground floor of the Dubai Mall on the Financial Center Road of Dubai. The locals as well as the tourists traveling on a budget prefer to take the metro up to the Burj Khalifa / Dubai Mall station. There are numerous feeder buses traversing via the route as well. Alternatively, one can always book a taxi or hail a passing one.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
Delightful Dubai Shopping Festival Package
Starting from $295
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Panoramic Dubai Tour
Starting from $188
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Fascinating Dubai Vacation
Starting from $460
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Romantic Dubai , Ras Al Khaimah, Yas Island and Abu Dhabi Package