What is the Dubai World Cup Carnival?The Dubai World Cup Carnival runs from January to March every year and is a season of high-class international race days contested by the most high-profile owners, trainers, horses and jockeys in the world. It runs alongside the domestic Racing at Meydan season. The Dubai World Cup Carnival leads to the Dubai World Cup day, the richest day of racing in the world. The Dubai World Cup was created in 1996 by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum - the Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, who owns Darley Stud & Godolphin Racing, one of the world's leading Thoroughbred breeding and racing operations.
The Dubai World Cup meeting is all set to celebrate its 25th anniversary on 28 March 2020, with six Group-1 and three Group-2 races, including the iconic World Cup sponsored by the Emirates Airlines. The major prep for Dubai World Cup day is the Super Saturday meeting, (to be held on Saturday, 7 March 2020), the official dress rehearsal day on which trainers give their racing stars the finishing touches, before appearing on their biggest racing stage, on Dubai World Cup day. After the race, the public is entertained by a concert, featuring some major pop stars, and great fireworks. Spectators can have free access to Meydan on regular race night or indulge in a range of viewing options to suit any budget and level of luxury from simple seating to five-star all-inclusive dining.
Dubai World Cup 2020 Dates, Venue, Schedule
Dates : Dubai World Cup Carnival - 9 consecutive Thursday evenings from 2 January 2020 to 27 February 2020, Super Saturday - 7 March 2020, Dubai World Cup day - 28 March 2020
Venue : Meydan Racecourse, Al Meydan road, Nad Al Sheba, Dubai
Timings : 6:30 PM (Carnival/ race nights), 3:45 PM to 9:00 PM (Dubai World Cup day)
Dubai World Cup TicketsFrom free entry, general admission tickets and premium luxury packages, you have wide options to choose from:
- Free Experiences: You can choose to catch all action during the carnival for free, and the Dubai World Cup with a general admission ticket costing AED 20 which grants you limited seats in the Meydan Grandstand, and dining tables in the food court on the Mezzanine floor. You can also choose from the premium seats and book your restaurant tables, by pre-booking through the official web page (http://www.dubairacingclub.com/buy-now/race-season-tickets)
- Children under 12 years: Free at General admission. However, for hospitality and luxury areas, they will need a ticket.
- Where to Purchase General Tickets: General admission tickets can be purchased only from the ticket sales counter at Ramp B in Meydan Grandstand or at the ticket book opposite Gate B, before the carnival day. The tickets are pre-sold during the carnival race nights.
- Special Tickets: Special tickets or tickets to luxury suites, hospitality areas and restaurants, from categories like the Apron Views, Premium, Gallery, Terrace, First class lounge, etc range from AED 250 to AED 3250 per person. These tickets can be pre-booked from the official website of the Dubai World Cup. (http://www.dubairacingclub.com/buy-now/dubai-world-cup-tickets-only)
Highlights of Dubai World Cup
1. Experience the World Class Racing in luxury
- World-class racing with USD 35 million worth prize money.
- Nine race meetings on consecutive Thursday evenings that offer the crowds to catch the thoroughbreds and Arabian purebreds in action.
- Special hospitality areas including the Premium, Parade Ring, Silks, and the Winner’s Circle restaurants, Grandstand suites, The Terrace and Dubai Lounge. Ticket fares vary for each of the areas, and can be booked online.
- The Meydan Grandstand houses 78 suites, that can be individually tailored to suit any occasion, including the Apron which becomes the party scene and the SkyBubble that offers its guests a 360-degree view of Dubai through its triangular windows.
Note: The admission is free during the race season at Gate B. You can pre book seats in the premium or hospitality area for more privileges.
2. Food and Entertainment for all
- A variety of food and beverage outlets available on the Mezzanine Floor in the purposely designed food court area with dining tables.
- Dedicated Kid Zones in Food Court as well as Premium level, to keep them entertained throughout the day.
- All guests have the opportunity to participate in the prediction games, which include Pick 6, Triple Tricast, Super Hi-5, and Superfecta. Entry for each of the competitions is free of charge, with the chance to win cash prizes.
3. Show off your Fashion Side
- Dubai World Cup is also a Fashion showcasing event that encourages ladies and gentlemen to turn up in their best attire, for the popular title of the ‘Best Dressed’ during the day.
- The venue demands ladies and gentlemen to follow a strictly smart and modest dress code - prohibiting exposing dresses or skirts above knee length, shorts, ripped jeans or torn fashion tops, open neck t-shirt, tank tops, sportswear of any type, sneakers, training shoes and flip flops. It is specially mentioned in the website that Meydan and Dubai Racing Club reserve the right to refuse entry to any person considered inappropriately dressed.
Dubai World Cup is much more than a single race day, being the star of the region’s racing calendar, featuring only the best owners, trainers, horses and jockeys in town. Beyond the drama of action-packed racing with staggering prize amount, high-end hospitality and offerings in Meydan, socializing and predicting over the race- the event has much more to offer. Get set to flaunt your style and elegance among the creative outfits from across the globe who make it to the big day. The race day and the crowning ceremony is not the end of the show- be prepared to dance, dine and carouse your way into the early hours at the event’s official after-party featuring extravagant stage shows by world famous musicians.