Best Hot Air Balloon Operators in Dubai
1. Balloon Adventures EmiratesThis company is the first one to start hot air ballooning in Dubai. They provide various alternative packages for you to choose from. Moreover, to ensure your safety, they have very well trained pilots and their balloons undergo a strict maintenance programme including regular inspections. Along with the amazing experience of a hot air balloon, you can also enjoy a gourmet dinner, a falcon show and a desert safari. Your experience with them will begin with an early morning pickup from your hotel. After 35 or so minutes ride you will reach the takeoff point. Here you will get to meet your pilot, who will give you some basic security briefing. Once up in the air, you can marvel at the beautiful scene before you. You will get the only chance to see a falcon fly along with you.
Price: Adult AED 1195
Children AED 1045 (5 to 11 years). Free cotton T-Shirt on booking 24 hours in advance. Online booking available.
Cancellation Policy: Please refer to their website.
Location: 1303 Control Tower, Motor City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Services Provided: Transportation to and from the hotel. Gourmet breakfast in heritage camp, ride inland rover if you choose to pay for it.
2. Sindbad Gulf BalloonsThis is yet another top-notch company which has very skilled pilots who will make your experience very cherishable. They assure a very smooth ride where you feel less turbulence than in a plane. They fly only in the morning to ensure optimum conditions and also because the desert looks most beautiful at this time. They have a wide range of packages for you to choose from.
Price: For Adults, AED 1049 to AED 12000. Children aged 5 to 11, AED 950 to AED 1050. Online booking available.
Location: Makateb building, Al Maktoum St, Deira - Dubai - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Services Provided: Transportation to and from the hotel and a flight certificate. You can have a gourmet breakfast after your ride, enjoy a falcon show and even choose to take a road safari to continue with the adventure.
3. Hot Air Balloon DubaiWith its aim of being a comfortable ride for its customers, this company will be a good choice for hot air ballooning in Dubai. They claim to provide top quality hot air ballooning experience where the contentment and safety of their customers is their top priority. They have balloons big enough to carry as many as 21 passengers in one go. Along with the usual options of seeing a falcon show and going for a desert safari, they also provide you with the option of chartering your own ride.
Price: AED 907 to AED 1399
Cancellation Policy: 100% refund up till 72 hours before take-off, 75% refund up till 48 hours before take-off, 50% refund up till 24 hours before take-off. No refund if less than 24 hours are left for take off.
Location: Tiffany Tower - Suit no: 1202 - Cluster W - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Services Provided: Transportation, great offers, pictures and videos of your experience, and a flight certificate. You will also get in-flight snacks, free wifi and a camel ride.
4. Amigos BalloonsThis hot air balloon service provider in Dubai is all about ensuring that you have a unique experience during your ride. The pilots of Amigos balloons have to undergo annual tests to ensure the safety of the passengers. They have three options to choose from, one where you will be sharing the balloon with a group of other people. In the second option, you get a chance to enjoy the flight with just your loved ones. You also get to decide the time of your flight while taking the weather conditions into account. If you wish to take it a notch further, then book their privilege balloon ride where you get to enjoy a local breakfast during the flight. The whole experience will last some three to four hours while the in-flight time is one hour.
Price: AED 900 to AED 6500, online booking available.Apart from these companies dedicated to hot air ballooning in Dubai, one can also book a tour via their tourism package from companies such as Arabia Horizons Tours, Excite Tourism LLC, and Right View Tourism Dubai.
Location: Bin Sougat Building, Nad Al Hamer Rd, Al Kheeran - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Best Time to Go Hot Air Ballooning in Dubai
The best time to have this experience is during sunrise, therefore the hot air balloon tours start from 5:00 am in the morning. But if you cannot get a morning tour, watching the sunset from the hot air balloon is also a great experience.
Things to Know About Hot Air Balloons in Dubai- The concept was introduced in Dubai in 2005 and since then it has continuously been gaining popularity. So much so that it might be the main feature in Dubai 2020 World Expo.
- In Dubai the hot air balloon ascent to a height of 1,219 metres above the ground.
- Dubai is one of the few places where you can get to see falcons flying at a height of 1000 metres.
- Marvel at the exotic desert animals such as camels, gazelles and oryx in their natural habitats.
- Most of the service providers, provide hour-long rides, but they can be customised according to your wish.
Tips to keep in mind- Hot air ballooning in Dubai is a very popular activity, therefore it will be best if you book your tour well in advance to ensure you're having the tour of your choice.
- You will need to produce a copy of a photo identity card such as Passport, Emirates ID, or any Government issued ID, before the ride.
- It is inadvisable for women more than 3 months pregnant and people with serious back or knee problems to take a hot air balloon ride.
- Make sure you sleep early the night before, as you will have to get up at 3 am or 4 am in the morning. Lack of sleep will hamper this once in a lifetime experience.
- The desert gets very cold at night, therefore it is advisable that you wear layers of clothes. Heels are not allowed on the balloons
- Children, shorter than 120-150 cm will not be able to see outside the basket.
- Do not go for a hot air balloon ride if it is raining as it may be a hazardous
- Do not forget to take your camera along because you will definitely wish to capture these beautiful moments in a camera.
So now you have another activity to add to your bucket list. Hot air balloons in Dubai are becoming a raging attraction and we hope that you are able to plan your trip easily with the help of this information.