Bonus Point: Climate during sunrise in Dubai is the most pleasant time to stroll around the city while otherwise, the city soaks itself in scorching heat throughout the day.
Sunrise Timings in DubaiApril-September (summer) - 5:28 AM to 6:10 AM
October-December (monsoon) - 6:10 AM to 7:03 AM
Late December- March (winter) – 6:11 AM to 7:01 AM
Note: All the timings are according to the Dubai local time
Best Sunrise Spots in Dubai
Located at the Level 124 and Level 125 of the majestic skyscrapers, is an ‘Observation Deck’ designed especially for the tourists to witness serene and breathtaking sunrise in Dubai.
Adding to the glimmer of the dawn, Burj Khalifa offers breakfast at the Café on Saturdays and Sundays. It provides a perfect view and ambience that will surely rejuvenate your soul.
Ticket prices: (including access to both the Levels and a light breakfast at Café)
Adults - AED 135
Children - AED 100
Timings - 5:30 AM onwards
Location- 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
2. Deira CreekDeira Creek is a narrow sheltered waterway dividing Dubai into Bur Dubai and New Dubai is known for its romantic ambience during sunrise and sunsets. If you like to indulge yourself in an out of the box sunrise experience while observing some coast-commotion, this place is ideal for your visit.
One can take an Abra, a small wooden boat down to the waters and can enjoy the unruffled breeze accompanying the morning pleasances. You can enjoy local cuisine and food around the creek while coming back to your place.
Ticket Prices (per person): AED 1
Timings- 6:00 AM onwards
Best Hot-Air Balloon Agency
Balloon adventures Dubai is one such team of experienced pilots, which is right at your service to provide you with innovative rides and gives you a chance to fly with falcons. They also have many other innovative packages that consist of a ‘wow’ experience as you ride in 1950s vintage Rovers to a camp in Royal Deserts retreat. They ensure complete safety and entertainment of their clients.
After an ultimate adventure, you can savour delicious customised breakfast amidst the tranquillity of the desert.
Ticket prices (per person)
Adult: AED 1,250
Children (5yrs – 11yrs): AED 1,100
Location: 1303 Control Tower, Motor City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Contact: +971 4 440 9827
Amenities at Madinat Jumeirah
It houses many luxurious, highly modernised and well-equipped spas, pubs, clubs and dining areas. Having almost 40 restaurants, private beaches and lounges, it provides the perfect delight of sunrise to the visitors. They also have a wide range of tourist packages choices available.
Located along the marine drive, Madinat Jumeirah is the perfect spot to watch an immersive sunrise.
Location: 6 King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Contact: +971 4 366 8888
Facilities at Palm Jumeirah
Palm Jumeirah caters to all needs of every visitor, ranging from private lounges, restaurants, bars, clubs, high-rise skyscrapers and not-to-be-mentioned calm beachfront that serve as the perfect spot to relish sunrise in Dubai. One can drive around the island and easily park outside the beach to enjoy the beautiful morning.
Highlight - The Pointe
Palm Jumeirah also has a newly opened wavefront and a hangout area known as The Pointe which offers one of the most impressive sunrise views in Dubai. It is also surrounded by several food joints where you can enjoy the golden hour of sunrise along with local and international cuisines. So make sure to explore this place as well while visiting Palm Jumeirah.
Some of them also offer professional photography sessions with you dressed up in traditional Emirati costumes, which will make your visit to Dubai a memorable one. You can also try a camel ride, have henna painted on your hands and enjoy sandboarding.
7. Al JadafSpreading over an area of approximately 7 km, Al Jadaf is a vast hotel hub having a variety of clubs, pubs and dining joints as well. This place is not generally very crowded and thus becomes a perfect spot to enjoy the sunrise in peace and solitude.
Dubai Creek from north and south borders Al Jadaf and therefore one can easily hail a boat here and have a tour around the city while enjoying pleasant sunrise.
8. Kite BeachKite Beach is one of the famous and cleanest beaches with an added beauty element of the majestic view of Burj Al Arab in its backdrop.
You can also enjoy kite surfing and kayaking. Kite Beach also has jogging tracks and a kids play area which gives you yet another reason to go for sunrise in Dubai.
Location - 35 A St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings - Opens 24 hours
9. Bluewaters IslandA whole world of entertainment, luxurious residential and commercial zones, Bluewaters Island, bracketed by the Ain Dubai offers a panoramic view of the sunrise in Dubai set amidst the city backdrop. This place has it all to be in your must-visit bucket list.
Bluewaters Island has a pedestrian bridge between Jumeirah beach resident and the main island. One can take a stroll on the beach and meanwhile enjoy the sunrise.
Location- Jumeirah Beach Residence Coastline, near Dubai Marina
Traveller Tips For the Best Sunrise Experience
- It will be advisable to wear comfortable, light coloured and weather suitable clothes while going out for sunrise sightseeing.
- Try to memorise some common local phrases which will help you in dealing with local boaters, vendors and shopkeepers.
- Carry your cameras to capture the heavenly beauty of sunrise in Dubai, which will remind you of some of the happiest moments.