Why Choose Dubai for your Honeymoon?Dubai is not just an oasis in the desert, and there are lots of attractions for the young couples to go and explore in and around the city such as the Dubai fountain, Palm Islands, Wild Wadi waterpark, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Mall, Aquarium, Underwater zoo and much much more. You can conquer the Burj Khalifa with your loved one and skydive from its top, go camel riding in the deserts, race over the dunes on a Desert Safari, or try the water sports at the Palm Jumeirah if you are the adventurous couple. For those who prefer a peaceful romantic getaway, you can stay in a luxury resort, go on a water tour around the city, and explore the cultural and heritage sites. From a romantic stroll and dinner by the beach to exploring the adventurous side of each other, Dubai has all the perfect ingredients to spice up your honeymoon getaway. In short, Dubai is a wonderland that you guys would never want to leave.
Things to Do on your Honeymoon in Dubai
1. Visit the Burj Khalifa and the Nearby Attractions in Downtown Dubai When in Dubai, it is hard to miss the worldâ€™s tallest building that naturally dominates the skyline of the city. The view of the Burj is splendid from inside and outside. It has several hotels, restaurants, luxury suites, offices and shops inside, and several observation decks on various floors to enjoy the breathtaking view of the city. Access to these decks are located at the lower level of Dubai Mall. You can also pre-book tickets online.
Ticket Price: Starts from AED 150 and varies depending on which deck you want to book
Other attractions nearby: Dubai Mall, Underwater Zoo, Dubai Fountain, Dubai Opera and Souk Al Bahar
2. Experience the Cultural Heritage of Old Dubai Start your honeymoon in Dubai with a stroll through the city's Old Quarter that is still frozen in time. Take a walk down the alleyways of Al Bastakiya (Al Fahidi) historical neighbourhood to experience the bygone cultural past of Dubai, for free. The district has traditionally built buildings with high air towers, separated by alleys, pathways and public squares, and is now a hub of cultural and artistic activities.
Stroll around the neighbourhood, free of cost at any time of the day and enjoy the traditional architecture. However, the museums may have entrance fees and timings.
Other Heritage Experiences in Dubai:
- Visit the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding where you can take part in guided heritage tours, mosque visits, take Arabic classes and explore the local culture.
- Take a ride across the water in Dubai Creek, in a traditional Abra (boat), for just AED 1, and visit the museum and souks on the other side of the creek.
3. Go on a Desert SafariYou cannot miss the most majestic landscape of the desert - which is the true identity of Dubai. You can Go on a desert safari, take a camel ride, stay in a Bedouin tent, enjoy the traditional barbeque food and belly dance, get to wear Arabian costumes and the traditional henna. If you are feeling a little adventurous, you can try activities like offroading, sandboarding or quad biking over the dunes. You can even drive on your own and treat yourself at a desert resort or spa. The ticket counters will be open from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, except on Fridays.
Price: The ticket to explore the marvellous Arabian desert, which is less than a 20-minute drive from Downtown, can cost anywhere between AED 100 and AED 1000, depending on the activities you choose.
4. Have a Romantic Beach and Spa Day in JumeirahExplore one of Dubai's architectural marvels, Palm Jumeirah - a human-made, palm tree-shaped island. You can enjoy a vast array of beach hotels including the iconic Atlantis, spas, beach clubs and food joints along the blue waters.
You can choose from several aquatic activities like swimming with dolphins and seals, kayak and speed-boat rides, or trying out the water rides at the Aquaventure Waterpark.
Spend your honeymoon in Dubai by chilling at a beach club, having a dinner date, enjoying sunsets, or treating yourselves to the luxurious spa and hammam experiences. The place has everything to make your honeymoon unique and memorable.
Price : There are a number of luxury hotels with a per day rent ranging from AED 600 to AED 3000, depending on the services they offer like beach facing rooms, swimming pool, spa, etc.
5. Let the Adrenaline Rush on your First Adventure TogetherThe city has a lot to offer for its adventure-loving guests - from amusement parks to water sports, skydiving to hiking, Dubai is sure to keep you busy and excited day and night. Fly over the city and jump out of the plane over Palm Jumeirah, test your water sport skills at the Kite Beach, take the worldâ€™s longest urban zip line from Dubai Marina, soar over the clouds in hot air balloons, enjoy the thrilling rides in the theme parks like Wild Wadi waterpark, Aquaventure, IMG and Laguna, skate and ski at SkiDubai or race over the dunes of the desert. If you still have time, head over to the scenic getaway of Hatta, which is 130 kilometres southeast of Downtown Dubai and is a hub of adventure activities like hiking, kayaking, zorbing, mountain biking, free fall and a water jump.
Adventure Activities in Dubai: Aquaventure Waterpark, skydiving, and more. Read the full list here
Price: The ticket amount for various amusement parks start from AED 200, and may arise during the peak season. Keep a constant lookout for discounts in different online booking sites to pre-book your tickets at a lower price.
Best Time for a Honeymoon in DubaiThe weather from November to March is quite warm and bright, making it the ideal time for visits while during the hotter months from May to August, you will get great deals on flights and tour packages except during the annual Ramadan season (which depends on the lunar calendar). However, you must be cautious during the holy month of Ramadan during which Muslims fast throughout the day when eating or drinking in public is illegal.
Stipulated Budget for Your Honeymoon in DubaiThe budget for a five-day vacation in Dubai will cost you anywhere from AED 800 (USD 217) and above, depending on the type of travel and accommodation of your choice. However, you will find good deals and offers during the off-season. Visit the official website of Dubai Tourism- Visit Dubai, for pre-booking tickets or hotels, and keep an eye out for seasonal offers.
Apart from the listed activities, you still are left with more to explore in Dubai - the souks and shopping malls, Miracle garden, Dubai canal, the Dubai frame and glass bridge, and much more to name. You are never short of activities when on a honeymoon in Dubai, as the majestic city offers you anything and everything. Whatever cuisine you are craving to have, you can find it in Dubai - from streets to high-end hotels by the waterside. Go ahead, and make your first days of life the most romantic and memorable with the city, sands and sea of Dubai.