And so, we bring you our top picks for some of the best shopping malls in Hanoi to have a memorable shopping experience:
1. Lotte Center HanoiLotte Centre is one of the most exciting places to visit in Hanoi. Standing tall at 272 metres, it is the second highest building in the capital. It is a one-stop shopping destination for various fashion and lifestyle brands.
The first six floors of this 67-storeyed complex are dedicated solely to the Lotte Department store. It offers approximately 250 high-end brands of apparels, cosmetics, jewellery, shoes, handbags, home appliances, furnishings and much more.
Other Amenities at Lotte Centre Hanoi
Besides the hypermarket, this high-rise building also houses the Lotte Mart, a luxury 5-star hotel, a spa, modern offices, serviced residences, Lotte Observation Deck and a rooftop bar & restaurant.
The observation deck on the 65th floor is a must-visit once you are done with your retail therapy. The deck has two skywalks and is fitted with interactive technological elements such as the touchscreen street map, a photo counter etc.
The floor is divided into four areas, namely, the Entrance Area, Welcome Area, Experience Area and Love Area; each with its speciality in making your experience a memorable one.
Top of Hanoi
Further ahead, you’ll find ‘Top Of Hanoi’, the rooftop bar and lounge, set 272 metres above the ground serving you the best drinks and cuisines from around the world.
Timings: 9:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: 54 Lieu Giai, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
2. Vincom Megamall Royal CityVincom Megamall Royal City is one of the biggest shopping malls in Hanoi. It also boasts of being the first underground trading centre in the capital. Spanning a vast area of 230,000 meters square, Vincom Megamall Royal City is on the outskirts of Hanoi about a 45-minute drive from the city centre.
Architecture and Beauty
It has a grand European facade with landscaped gardens, beautiful sculptures and attractive fountains greeting you at the entrance.
A Brand Hub
It has over 600 flagship stores of best brands from around the world. You can find a vast collection of almost all products here. Besides these, it has several restaurants, cafés and snack bars that serve Chinese, Korean, Thai, Japanese, European, Vietnamese cuisine at reasonable prices.
Other Amenities at Vincom Megamall Royal City
Not only this, Vincom Megamall Royal City has plenty of recreation options such as an ice skating rink, an indoor water park, a cinema, a bowling alley, a massive arcade with state-of-the-art virtual reality games and many more.
The two amusement parks, Vinpearl Land Water Park and Vinpearl Land Ice Rink, are the two major attractions of the megamall.
Spread over an area of 24,000 meters square, the Vinpearl Land Water Park has 14 different attractions such as a family pool and children’s pool, a wave pool, whirlpools and numerous water slides.
WaterPark Ice Freezing System
Whereas the Vinpearl Land Ice Rink is known to be the first ice freezing system in Vietnam built according to the international standards. It uses a natural refrigerant which is environment-friendly.
Biggest Vietnamese Gallery
The megamall also has an art gallery which is considered the largest in Vietnam.
Timings: 9:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: 72A Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi
3. Trang Tien PlazaTrang Tien Plaza is a high-end luxury shopping mall in Hanoi that houses a wide array of goods from top class international brands.
Shop in Antiquity
Decked up in elegant French colonial style of architecture, Trang Tien Plaza is one of the oldest shopping centres in Hanoi and is located on a corner next to the Hoan Kiem lake.
Trang Tien Plaza has sophisticated and opulent interiors. It is home to over 200 famous brands of fashion, handbags, cosmetics, shoes and accessories. Not only this, but it is also home to many famous international brands such as Dior, Chanel, Louis Vitton, BVLGARI, Burberry, Versace and many more.
Trang Tien Plaza has six floors, each dotted with flagship stores of popular international authentic brands of various item. It is a great place to shop through multiple brands, relax and admire the old and classy architecture.
Monday to Thursday - 9:30 AM to 9:30 PM
Friday to Saturday - 9:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: 24 Trang Tien, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
4. AEON MallBuilt by a Japanese corporation, AEON Mall is one of the most prominent shopping malls in Hanoi. The mall spans a large area of 120,000 metres square and has four floors. The interiors have a contemporary touch-up with wide spaced walkways. It has a wide variety of goods and services to meet various demands at reasonable prices. Unlike many, it does not aim accurately at the luxury customer segment and is quite affordable. It is home to over 130 retail outlets and a wide variety of fun and entertainment centres for all age groups.
Other than that, you can shop through brands such as Adidas, Dr Martens, Yves Rocher, Aldo, Mango, New Balance and many more.
To keep the little ones engaged, you can find the Dream Games arcade and UniworldTiniworld indoor playground on the third floor. The fourth floor has a bowling alley, games zone and a multiplex.
Relishes at AEON Mall
You can enjoy cuisines from all around the world from many of its food courts, cafes and restaurants. However, the real draw here are the various stalls selling traditional Japanese dishes like sushi, ramen, takoyaki, okonomiyaki and many more.
The AEON supermarket on the first floor is the main highlight of this mall for locals as well as tourists. You can also witness the Light Festival and Cherry Blossom Path made of thousands of LED only in this mall.
Weekdays - 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Weekends - 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: 27 Co Linh Street, Long Bien Ward, Long Bien District, Hanoi
5. Savico MegamallSpread over an area of 56,000 meters square, Savico Megamall is another most visited destinations when it comes to shopping and entertainment in Hanoi. It is about five kilometres from the centre of Hanoi and has attracted a lot of social attention in the past few years.
Spanning three floors of shopping pleasure, you can find almost everything here fashion, electronics, entertainment to household products.
Fast Food at Savico Megamall
Savico Megamall has a wide array of dining options from famous fast food outlets like KFC, Pizza Hut, Lotteria, Hot Wok to seafood restaurants. The Seafood One restaurant on the third floor is an excellent option if the thought of lip-smacking seafood makes you drool.
Children can enjoy themselves with exciting games at the Mega Fun Center located on the third floor.
Other Attractions at Savico Megamall
If you’re lucky, you might also find yourself enjoying the exhibitions or live music shows that occasionally happen in front of the significant major block.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
BigC basement - 8:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: 07 - 09 Nguyen Van Linh Street, Long Bien District, Hanoi
6. Vincom Mega Mall Times CityVincom Megamall Times City is located at Hanoi’s most populated urban area.
This massive shopping mall in Hanoi has hundreds of fashion retail stores. The Ocean Mart and the F&B area are the most visited ones.
Apart from that, it is very famous for the Vinpearl Aquarium Times City - asserted to be Vietnam’s largest aquarium. The aquarium has more than 30,000 species from almost all oceans and continents including, salamanders, sharks, penguins and pythons.
It also has a ‘Chocolate World’, which sells a wide range of products made from 200 different varieties of chocolate.
For kids, the Toy World, Sweet Land and Book City will be a delight. These have various educational and entertainment games to keep the kids engaged.
Timings: 9:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: 458 Minh Khai, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
7. The Garden Shopping CentreWith its vibrant, colourful and lively interiors, the Garden Shopping Center is a favourite shopping spot for both locals as well as tourists.
Spread over an area of 27,000 meters square, the Garden Shopping Centre features four floors of excellent shopping experience with a variety of goods of world-class quality and brands. You can skim through the four levels which have cosmetic shops to designer apparel, a movie theatre and plenty of dining options. The 2nd floor has a gaming zone for children called Funny Land.
Like Savico Megamall, this one also has the BigC supermarket in the basement.
Weekdays - 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Weekends and Public Holidays - 9:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: The Manor Urban Area, Me Tri Street, My Dinh 1 Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi
8. Hang Da Galleria Shopping MallOften known as the ‘Hanoi square’, this shopping mall in Hanoi is situated at the heart of the Old Quarter.
Here, you can find many international as well as local brands under one roof. From fashion, apparel, shoes, handbags to traditional Vietnamese handicraft, Hang Da Galleria Mall has it all.
The building has five floors and two basements in total. The basement and first floor have a traditional market set up. There is a separate entrance to the trade centre if you want to skip on the general market.
Hang Da Galleria Shopping Mall boasts of being the first and the only mall with overall aroma dispersion system.
It is the best place to shop for souvenirs as the prices are quite reasonable and the product quality is also good. Moreover, you might find yourself some lucky bargains on most of the goods.
It is mostly crowded during the weekends, and hence it would be wise to visit during the weekdays.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Location: Hang Da Street, Cua Dong Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
9. Vincom Center Ba TrieuThis high-end commercial centre owned by the Vincom Group features three connected towers - two retail and office towers and an apartment tower. Situated less than 2 kilometres from the Hoan Kiem lake, Vincom centre is an ultimate spot for entertainment and shopping.
In the commercial tower, floors one to four have shops varying from international brands for footwear, fashion accessories, electric outlets, household items and appliances and even office supplies. Level five and six have multicuisine eateries to kiosks and a Mega Star Cinema which has ten screens. The rest of the floors in the commercial tower have offices.
The apartment tower also has various shopping centres apart from having high-class apartments from the 8th to the 25th floor. It is a popular destination for family and visitors, mainly because of the endless options it provides in terms of shopping and accommodation.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 9:45 PM
Location: 191 Ba Trieu, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
10. Vincom Center Long BienSpread over an area of 45,000 meters square, Vincom Center Long Bien is situated on the outskirts away from the city centre. Thus, this makes it the ideal shopping mall in Hanoi for the residents of Vinhomes Riverside.
Relishes at Vincom Center Long Bien
In addition to this, it has over 20 fast food outlets, restaurants and snack bars serving cuisines from around the world.
The Platinum Cineplex with modern technology and facilities is sure to give the best theatre experience. Highlights It features the Vinmart supermarket, a one-stop destination for buying all household necessities, apparels and electronics. The most exciting part is the ‘Infinity Swimming Pool’ located on the 5th floor in the complex. It is a perfect place to beat the heat and relax in the four mini pool bars after a hot day.
Highlights - Kids Workout Zone
Vincom Centre Long Bien also has ‘The Little Gym’ - a space reserved for children to exercise, play games and help increase their physical potential.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM
Location: Vinhomes Riverside, Long Bien District, Hanoi
11. Vincom Center Pham Ngoc ThachSituated in the busiest area in the Dong Da district, Vincom Center Pham Ngoc Thach has gained immense popularity right from its opening in 2016.
Spanning eight floors and three underground floors and divided into four main sections: shopping, entertainment, food chain and beauty healthcare; this commercial centre is the favoured destination for youths and families.
It offers multiple brands like Guess, Ecco, Geox, Newlook, Anta, Borse Morgan, Valentino Creations and many more.
A chain of multi-cuisine food outlets, cafes and restaurants like King BBQ, Shogun, Khao Lao, Starbucks, Churro King, Rainbow Yogurt etc. gives you plenty of options to satisfy your taste buds.
A high-class fitness centre - Elite Fitness, is located on the 7th floor. On the eighth floor, you’ll find the BHD star cineplex, the modern movie theatre with the latest technology and first of its kind in Hanoi. It also has a Vinmart supermarket.
Timings: 9:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: 02 Pham Ngoc Thach, Trung Tu, Dong Da, Hanoi
12. Mipec Long BienSituated right next to the most favoured Long Bien bridge, this shopping mall in Hanoi is the social hotspot for youths. With the best of shopping, fashion, dining and entertainment options available, Mipec is a perfect place to spend your evenings in Hanoi.
Mipec Long Bien Mall also has some cool wall art and graffiti, so make sure you don’t forget to get a few fantastic pictures alongside these works of art.
Weekdays -10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Weekends - 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: No. 2 Long Bien II Street, Long Bien District, Hanoi
13. Vincom Plaza SkylakeVincom Plaza Skylake is the most recent shopping mall launched by the Vincom Group. Ever since its inauguration on 12th April 2019, this commercial centre has gained a lot of attention from all age groups. It has a chain of retail stores of fashion, beauty, jewellery and home appliances.
It has three supermarkets, VinMart, VinEco and VinPro. VinMart is a renowned supermarket selling consumer goods at reasonable prices, whereas the VinEco farm sells fresh agricultural products. VinPro is an electric appliance supermarket selling various electronic products from well-known brands.
Besides these, Vincom Plaza Skylake offers a fantastic variety of restaurants that serve Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean and Chinese cuisines. It is also equipped with CGV cinema which has four screens.
Timings: 9:30 AM to 9:30 PM
Location: My Dinh 1 Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi City, Vietnam.
14. The Artemis Shopping CentreThe Artemis Shopping Centre is exclusively famous for the various artistic events and festivities that it organises annually on numerous occasions.
This six-storeyed trading centre houses the supermarket BigC, CGV Cinema with IMAX technology, Tran Anh Electrical Center, well-equipped fitness and training centre, an indoor play centre and top brands of cosmetics, watches, jewellery, handbags, shoes and apparels.
Besides this, it is a perfect haven for food enthusiasts as you can find the best traditional Vietnamese and other multi-cuisine dishes cooked by the native chefs here.
Timings: 7:30 AM to 10:00 PMAll the shopping malls in Hanoi has a speciality of its own and will give you an experience worth remembering. Moreover, the malls are not just limited to shopping stores but have plenty of recreation options too. So make sure you don’t miss them! Happy Shopping!
Location: 6 Le Trong Tan Street, Khuong Mai Ward, Thanh Xuan District