Latest Updates for Republic Day 2021
Keeping in line with the latest pandemic guidelines, the military and cultural parade will be shorter and smaller in number. The parade while beginning at Vijay Chowk will end at the National Stadium instead of the Red Fort.
The number of spectators will also be reduced to ensure there is no crowding and minimal chances of the virus spreading.
A contingent of the Armed Forces of Bangladesh will also be joining the parade to mark the 50th anniversary of the 1971 War of Liberation.
Chief Guest for Republic Day 2021There will be no Chief Guest for India's Republic Day celebrations in 2021 due to the ongoing pandemic. The UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson had been invited but has since cancelled his visit. This will be the first time since fifty-five years of celebration of India's Republic Day that there will be no Chief Guest.
Republic Day of India 2021 TicketsDue to the current pandemic, the number of spectators will be restricted for India's 72nd Republic Day. It has been announced that 7500 tickets will be given out, of which 4500 will be sold to the public while the remaining 3000 will be sent out as invites.
There are a couple of ways to get tickets to this year's Republic Day parade. You can either be invited or buy them directly at the offline counters.
The tickets are strictly sold only at selected offline counters. Becareful to not buy them from websites online, as they might be scams. Here's a list of all offline counters. Tickets will be available from January 7 to January 25.
1. North Block Roundabout
2. Sena Bhawan (Gate no. 2)
3. Jantar Mantar (Main Gate)
4. Shastri Bhawan (near Gate no. 3)
5. Pragati Maidan ( Bhairon Road - gate no. 1)
6. Red Fort (located opposite Jain Temple inside August 15 Park)
7. Jamnagar House (located opposite India Gate)
8. Parliament House Reception Office, ( a special counter only for the Members of Parliament)
Timings: The counters will be open daily (except January 23 due to full dress rehearsal) from 10:00 AM Â to 12.30 PM and 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM Shastri Bhavan, Jantar Mantar, Jamnagar House, and Sena Bhavan counters will remain open till 7:00 PM from January 23 to 25.
Ticket Prices1. Reserved: INR 500
2. Unreserved: INR 100
3. Unreserved: INR 20
Reserved seats are located closer to the parade. Unreserved tickets are first come first serve basis.
Tips for Buying Tickets for Republic Day
1. Get ready to stand in line for several hours if need be.
2. Any government identification card such as Aadhar card or Voter id must be presented while buying the ticket
3. Getting tickets can be taxing as there are limited tickets sold at each counter and some counter don't receive tickets till a long time. Make sure to arrive at the counter early.
4. The INR 500 tickets are the most in-demand and are the least in supply. So if you want to get hands on them, make sure to arrive super early (at around 8:00 AM). Do note that only one ticket can be purchased on one id.
5. The INR 100 tickets have a decent view and their availability is more as well. Two tickets can be purchased on one id in this case.
6. The INR 20 tickets are readily available but you won't get a good view from here.
The Beating Retreat Ceremony
A Beating Retreat Ceremony follows the Republic Day Parade. The ceremony is held at Vijay Chowk on January 29th. It symbolizes the pinnacle of the four days long Republic Day celebrations. Tickets for the same can be purchased at the same counters before 28th January afternoon.Ticket Prices for the Beating Retreat Ceremony
1. Unreserved: INR 50
2. Unreserved: INR 20
Things to Carry1. A warm jacket as the weather will be cold.
2. Don't carry a camera or any other video recorder as it is strictly prohibited.
The parade is a high-security affair. The area between Red Fort and Vijay Chowk is kept free from traffic. Use public transport as there will be a lot of traffic and no parking space unless you have a "Park & Ride" label on your vehicle. In that case, you get to park your own vehicle in the designated spot. The label is only for special invitees. Also, note that metro stations near the parade area are closed. So you will have to get down at the nearest open metro station and board a shuttle service run for that particular day or walk to the venue.
Accommodations NearbyComing to Delhi especially for the parade? Fret not, as there are several accommodation options in the area.
1. Hotel The Royal Plaza (4 stars) - 2.8 km from New Delhi Railway Station. Rooms start at INR 5500
2. The Claridges New Delhi (5 stars) - located at APJ Abdul Kalam Road. Rooms start at INR 8000
3. OYO 11594 Hotel TVS (3 stars) - 0.4km from Sadar Bazar. Rooms start at INR 3000
4. Hotel Metropolis Tourist Home (3 stars) - 2 km from New Delhi Railway Station. Rooms start at INR 2000
ContactFor any queries, you can call the officer in charge of ticket sales on (011) 23793918.
Join the celebration and watch the Republic Day Parade live this patriotic day in New Delhi.