The best part is that when you are in Delhi, you have no dearth of options. Be prepared to be spoilt for choice when you go on to renting a bike in Delhi.
Cost For Bike Rentals in DelhiThe cost varies with the bike provider. Different dealers offer different prices for the same model. But, to give you a fair idea and ease your planning when it comes to renting a bike in Delhi, here is a quick reference chart with cost per day for different bike models.
|Bike||Rent (INR per day)||Security Deposit (depending on the mode of payment and ID proof provided)|
|Bajaj Pulsar 150/180/220||600-670||2,000-4,000|
|Bajaj Avenger/Avenger cruiser or street||670-780||2,000-4,000|
|Royal Enfield Himalayan||1,260||2,000-4,000|
|Royal Enfield Electra||840||2,000-4,000|
|Royal Enfield Classic/Thunderbird 350||900-950||2,000-4,000|
|Royal Enfield Classic 500 (Gunmetal)||1,200||2,000-4,000|
Monthly rentals start from INR 2,489 and security deposit starts from INR 2,599.
Documents Required for Renting a Bike in DelhiYou will need the original copies of either of these following documents.
- Driving license (if the driving license is not issued in India, then an international driving permit along with the driving license is also needed).
- 1 ID proof document. You can carry any of the following documents.
- Aadhar Card
- Passport (if you're a foreign national)
- International Drivers license (If you're a foreign national)
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
Eligibility and Agreement for Renting a Bike in DelhiTo drive a bike, you must be at least 21 years old. The minimum age is 23 years if you want to drive a superbike. If another person is accompanying you, and you both want to take turns driving, you will need to inform the dealer in advance and take written permission from them. Both of you will need your driving license and ID proof in such a case.
The person in whose name the booking is made will also need to sign a bike rental agreement with the company and a bike checklist.
Major Bike Rentals in DelhiThe capital city offers you both online and offline options for renting a bike.
Here you can find a list of major online and offline bike dealers in Delhi:
1. IkerzApart from a large selection of bikes, they also offer jackets, saddlebags, sleeping bags, motorcycles gloves, and elbow/knee guards on rent;
Cost: Rent per day ranging from INR 50 to INR 200.
2. Royal BrothersThey don't have an in-office in Delhi but they do provide a range of Royal Enfield Bikes.
Cost: The prices range from INR 53 to INR 275 per hour
3. Urban DriveContact: +91-9773-881-881
You can check their website here and reach them at +91-9773-881-881.
4. Rent RidesThey can be found here and at the below address. Prices are on the higher side, but the customer reviews are great, especially for the hospitality and the bike condition. Another plus point is that they offer vehicles at zero security deposit.
Location: G31, 3rd Floor opp Karnataka Bank, Block I, Lajpat Nagar II, New Delhi
Contact: Ph: 099991 21322
5. RentmojoDid you know that you can also opt for monthly bike rentals in Delhi? So, if you are planning to have an extended stay in the city, you can choose for monthly rentals from this website. You will find Honda Activa and specific models from Bajaj on rent, with starting from INR 2,489 per month. They also have regular discount offers going on, so be sure to check the deals banner at the top where they provide you discount coupons for rentals.
Other Information Regarding Bike Rentals in Delhi
- Helmets (one helmet is provided free of charge, and extra helmets are supplied on rent)
- Bungee Ropes (for some specific models)
- Mechanical warranty
- Full fuel tank (only some dealers offer this and not all)
- Interstate taxes
- Fuel cost
- Parking charges
- Toll taxes
Additional EquipmentMost dealers will provide you with additional equipment on a rental basis including:
- Sleeping bags
- Camping Equipment
Returning the BikeMost dealers will ask you to return the bike at the same place from where you collected it. Requests for delivery of bikes at your doorstep may not be entertained. So, remember that you will be responsible for collecting as well as returning the bike.
The minimum duration for which you can book is 1 hour.
Modifying/Cancelling the BookingThe modification/cancellation policy will depend on the dealer. The sooner you cancel, the higher amount of refund you will get.
If you violate any terms & conditions of the booking, most dealers will not issue any refund to you.
Recovery policy in Case of Damage/TheftIn case of minor damages, you will have to pay charges on the basis of the estimated cost of repairs. In case of theft or damage due to overspeeding/drunk driving/violation of traffic rules, you will need to bear the damage charges in full.
Tips to Know Before Renting a Bike in Delhi
- Always check the condition of the bike before hiring it.
- Some places charge GST at 18 % over and above the tariff. Before booking, always confirm if the tariff plan is inclusive or exclusive of GST.
- Read the rental agreement carefully and note any existing damages mentioned in the agreement to avoid liability for any existing damages.
- Make sure that the registration certificates, pollution control certificate, and other permits are valid and up to date.
- Never ever drink and drive.
- Always follow traffic rules.
- Carry original copies of your driving license and other documents.
- These rental bikes have an All-India permit. But, before taking the bike to another state, ask the dealer for permit documents so that you do not get into trouble with the authorities.
Also, to deter people from over-speeding, some dealers have pre-set speed limits which are 80 Km/hour for bikes up to 150cc, 100 Km/hour for bikes up to 500cc and 120 Km/hour for bikes more than 500cc.
Make sure to stay within these limits or the dealer may charge you a penalty (in addition to government fines) and you may also be banned from hiring bikes from them in the future. Drive safe, stay responsible and don't forget to have fun when renting a bike in Delhi and exploring the beautiful rich city in the best way possible!