1. CoracleThis beachside music festival takes place in Ho Tram usually in late November and early December for three days. The venue is only two hours away from Ho Chi Minh City. You can enjoy International and Regional rock, indie and hip hop music all in one place during the festival. In the day time, people who are into art and creativity can enjoy art installations and pop-up fashion stalls. You can also choose to indulge in water sports or sunbathe and relax by the sea. The previous edition in 2019 was held from Nov 29 to Dec 1.
The ticket prices for this festival starts at VND 1,500,000.
2. EpizodeThis music festival happens on the Phu Quoc Islands which is a stunning place in itself. Epizode is much more elaborate since it happens for 12 days starting in late December and extending till the first week of January. This festival is a great opportunity to ring in the new year if you are in Vietnam! DJs from different places of the world come into the festival and you can enjoy music from various genres such as electronic, techno, rave and much more.
The price of this festival’s ticket costs about VND 5,800,000.
3. Saigon Reggae FestThis one day festival is a great place to enjoy the best Reggae music. World class DJs and Reggae musicians come together to put up a show of more than 12 hours of non-stop music so you can enjoy it to the fullest. This festival usually happens in the month of November. Along with music, you can also enjoy delicious food and various stalls offering tattoos, tarot card readings and photo booths.
This event takes place in Ho Chi Minh City and the tickets if bought earlier cost VND 150,000 and if bought at the door cost VND 250,000. This price includes one free drink.
4. International Traditional Music FestivalThis festival is an extravaganza of concerts, workshops and master classes by renowned musicians flying in from various countries around the world. It is a great time to experience traditional music from around the world. It happens usually in the month of November in the Ho Chi Minh City Conservatory of Music.
The entrance is absolutely free of cost.
5. Dieu Con Mai FestivalDieu Con Mai translates to ‘Things everlasting’ in English and the festival is true to its name as the memories of it will last in your minds forever. This festival happens in the Hanoi Opera House on Vietnam’s National Day i.e. September 2nd. The concert opens with the national anthem of Vietnam and is followed by performances of more revolutionary songs. Famous singers from Vietnam come to be a part of this festival. It is also broadcasted on TV channels in Vietnam.
6. Quest FestivalThe Quest Festival is held in the scenic place of Son Tinh Camp in Hanoi. This music festival has more range than other festivals in terms of music genres. You can enjoy music from reggae to hip hop, folk to metal to electronic music, and even traditional vietnamese music. The festival also includes workshops by musicians. There are a lot of vendors and stalls that sell food and drinks during the festival.
The venue is about 45 minutes from Hanoi city and the tickets to the festival cost around VND 800,000 and prices can go upto VND 2,600,000.
If you know of other music festivals in Vietnam, do let us know in the comments section!