Here we will mention some of the malls in Kathmandu that provide the tourists as well as the locals with a good experience of shopping and even more.
1. City CenterThe City Center Mall is one of the malls in Kathmandu that you will hear a lot about if you ask any local suggestions. This mall is situated in Kamalpokhari which is on the Northern side of the city.
The ambience of the mall is excellent, and you can find several retailers selling different things. Everything from clothes to shoes to toys to electronics is available to you. Currently, the mall holds brands such as Puma, Woodland, Apple, Panasonic, etc.
The food court also has got a nice variety and a comfortable space where you can sit and enjoy your food. It is also houses the Big Cinema where you can catch the latest movie.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Location: Pashupati Road, Kathmandu 44605, Nepal
2. Civil Trade Centre (CTC) MallIf you want to discover good malls in Kathmandu, then it is evident for you to visit the CTC Mall, the largest in the city. One should visit this mall primarily because of the lifestyle brands that it carries. It is located in the Sundhara area of Kathmandu.
The mall currently has 175 stores along with Cine De Café, a multiplex and a food court spanning over 10,000 sq. Ft. They even have a space that is used as a playground for the children.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Location: Sundhara (648.59 km) 00977 Kathmandu, Nepal
3. K L Tower and MulticomplexK L Tower is one of the malls in Kathmandu that follows the path of international standards. The mall is situated in Chabhil which is in a populated northern part of the city. Its 10.5 stories are full with options catered to any person visiting the mall.
Visitors can choose to shop from some of the biggest retail brands present in the mall, like Reebok, Lee, Timex, Mini So, etc.
One can also watch a movie at F-Cube Cinema or enjoy a meal in the food court overlooking a great view of the city. Children also get to enjoy the gaming zone present in this mall.
Timings: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Location: KL Tower, Chuchchepati, Chabhil, Kathmandu
4. Civil MallAmong many other malls in Kathmandu, the Civil Mall is considered a great one, and it receives lots of crowds almost every day.
You can find this mall in the Sundhara area of Kathmandu. The mall is a mix of many things as you get to shop from brands like Gini and Jony, Zara, W, Reebox and many others. The food court composes of a wide variety of multi-cuisine choices.
The mall houses the QFX movies where people can watch national as well as international films throughout the day. Recently, an ice skating zone has also been added for extra excitement.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Location: Sundhara, Ratnapark, Kathmandu
5. Peoples PlazaIf you want to shop till you drop, then you may wish to visit Peoples Plaza among other malls in Kathmandu. It is situated in Kichapokhari which is in the heart of the city. A unique thing about this mall is their floor wise distribution of the shops.
Peoples Plaza mainly contains national brands and are affordable on the pockets. It houses KKFC, a delicious restaurant to savour some finger-licking chicken.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Location: New Road 218, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
6. Sherpa MallThe Sherpa Mall is present in the Durbar Marg area of Kathmandu, and it is most popular among the youths of the city. It is one of the malls in Kathmandu where you can hang out with your friends in the food court and have an excellent time.
One can find many shopping options in this ranging from clothes to footwear to accessories. The open mall design makes it a beautiful place to engage with people while shopping.
Timings: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Location: Durbar Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
7. Labim MallLabim mall is another among the malls in Kathmandu that has adopted the open mall design. One can walk through the 200,000 square feet stretch of the area and find shops that they like.
Labim Mall houses over 70 brands choices. The shops include United Colors of Benetton, Lush Addiction, Clarks, Converse, Sony, etc.
It does provide some great food options as well, which ranges everything from cafes to ice cream shops to KFC. If someone wants to catch a movie, they can do so in QFX Cinemas.
Timings: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Location: Pulchowk, Lalitpur, Nepal
8. United World Trade CenterUnited World Trade Center is one of the best malls present in Kathmandu as it has the most number of shops compared to any other mall. If you are in the mood to shop for a variety of things, then you can visit this mall.
Some of the brands present in the mall include Monalisa Exclusive Textiles, John Players, Landmark, Converse, and Fabulous.
One can even enjoy a good meal over here due to the different eateries present over here like Garlic Cafe & Bar, Cafe de Valley, and Hot Breads. Visitors can also enjoy bowling at the United Bowling.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Location: Tripura Marg, Kathmandu 44614, Nepal
9. Rising MallThe Rising Mall is one of the new-age malls in Kathmandu that seek to serve a variety of customers. In Durbar Marg you can find this mall opposite the Royal Singhi Hotel.
All the seven floors of the mall are full of beautiful stores that include brands such as Miniso, NYX, Wrangler, Forever 21, Arrow, etc.
It has the Q’s Cinemas which provides a luxury experience of watching a new film. Then go to the food court and have a meal of choice from the selection of restaurants. The mall has a Chinese food court which accommodates about 200 people at a time.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Location: Durbarmarg, Kathmandu, 44600, Nepal
10. Times Square MallIf you do not feel like going to a huge mall, then the Times Square mall is one of the cosiest malls in Kathmandu.
You will have a pleasant experience in this four-storied mall, which has homely brands. Some of the options include JeansWest, Square Digital, Options, Baseman, NCell and many others.
A great thing about the Times Square Mall has to be its multi-cuisine food court which has shops like Mumbai Masala, Chunk Berry’s and Kathmandu Sapphire. The mall also hosts a live band performance every Friday.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 10:00 PMSo, here are some of the malls in Kathmandu where you can spend an excellent time shopping or enjoying your choice of entertainment. The homely city does take care of the shopping needs of the visitors as well as the locals by giving them so many options.
Location: Durbar Marg, Kathmandu