The city of Dubai is a non-stop activity zone for all age group and never runs out of things to do. Here are some of the May specials that you shouldn’t miss while you’re at it.
1. RamadanWith Ramadan just around the corner, you’re bound to experience the real way they celebrate. With family and friends coming together to greet each other, Ramadan sees the most generous side of the locals. Many meals are hosted around the town, so make sure you head out for one because the food really is delicious.
Dates: 5 May - 4 June
2. Dubai Omega Moonlight ClassicWatch some of the worlds best female golfers take to the Emirates Golf Course to battle it out for the huge prize. Started in the year 2006 this golf tournament has been a regular in the city and attracting huge numbers.
Dates: 1 May - 3rd May
3. Queen by MajestyRelive the lives of Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon during the performance by the band Queen by Majesty on the decks of the 60’s ship, Queen Elizabeth 2. The band has won hearts by being able to preserve the original vibe of the band Queen. It is also regarded as the best Queen concert show ever.
Dates: 1st May
4. Nad Al Sheba Sports TournamentCome along to spectate the players demonstrate immense skill, team spirit and energy during the 7th edition of the Nad Al Sheba Sports Tournament. The event sees sports such as fencing, wheelchair basketball and paddle tennis to name a few. Being hosted during the month of Ramadan this is definitely a crowd puller.
Dates: 4th May - 17th MayLike mentioned above, Dubai has loads to see and do and one can never be bored in this city. Putting aside the monthly festivities and celebrations lets take a look at some of the iconic places to visit in the city-
Where: NAS Sports Complex
1. DolphinariumThe best outing with the family, the Dubai Dolphinarium never ceases to amaze all age groups. It boasts of some of the most spectacular dolphin shows, seal shows, and bird shows. May will see less of a crowd in the city, the reason for you to experience everything better.
Timings: 10 AM - 7:30 PM
Tickets: Adults- AED 105, Children ( 2 - 11 years old)- AED 50
2. The Burj KhalifaThe tallest building in the world, the view from the deck of the city of Dubai is unbelievable and the stars seem just a stretch away thanks to the clear May weather. Don’t forget to click some eye-popping pictures.
Prime Hours: 3:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Ticket Cost: AED 210
Non- Prime Hours: 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Morning), 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM (Evening
Ticket Cost: AED 135
3. Dhow CruiseWith pleasant weather and a light breeze, a cruise to explore Dubai is highly comfortable in May. With live music and regular commentary, it is a major attraction amongst tourists. We recommend taking the evening tour, to experience the night sky and lights of the beautiful city along with a traditional dinner menu.
Ticket price: AED 50
Best time to visit: Evening
4. Garden GlowGlowing in the night, Garden Glow is a theme park which displays fine art all made out of recycled materials and is the best example of best out of waste. With food stalls and regular live music performances, an evening spent here with the family is definitely going to be enjoyable.
Timings: 4 PM - 11 PM
Tickets: AED 65
Children up to the age of 3: Free
5. Desert SafariA desert safari is a must on the itinerary of your Dubai trip. Experience traditional cuisine and overnight camping in the desert and fun ATV rides during the day.
Evening: AED 40May tends to be quite hot in the city, so we advice to carry breathable clothing and lots of t-shirts. Carry a backpack with a hand towel and a water bottle. The days can get really sunny so make sure you apply sufficient sunscreen. With June coming soon , May can get crowded in Dubai , so plan your itinerary and make your bookings for all tours and trips well in advance.
Morning: AED 120
Overnight: AED 250