1. Ile aux Cerfs Golf ClubThis famous golf course in Mauritius took around $11.5 million to build and is also locally termed as Le Touessrok. It was conceptualised and designed by the renowned architecture Bernhard Langer. The setting of this golf course is splendid, with perfect white sand beaches positioned around the periphery of this property. Playing golf in this idyllic location will be undoubtedly one of a kind for you.
For 18 Holes: 7:30 AM.
For the Twilight Hours: 3:00 PM.
Location: It is located on a small island which is near to Mauritius’s largest lagoon, Trou d’Eau Douce.
Entry Fee (per person)
For 18 Holes: MUR 7000
For Juniors (below 17 years of age): MUR 4000
For Twilight hours (from 2:20 PM): MUR 4500
- A special refreshment cart service is available for all the golfers.
- Well-equipped locker rooms for Men and Women.
- Golf Carts are available with options of Visage GPS.
- Golfers can enjoy exquisite Mauritian cuisine after the play at Langer’s Bar & Grill, Clubhouse Restaurant and Flibustiers & Grill, Exclusive Beach Restaurant.
Phone: +230 402 7720
2. Four Seasons Golf Club Mauritius at AnahitaIt was opened in 2008 and designed by the renowned Ernie Els. The Anahita Golf Course is not only beautiful but is also a paradise for the golfers. It is set up in a magnificent location and the most impressive 18 golf holes. While playing here, you will be surrounded by the jaw-dropping views of the Indian Ocean and the mountains all around.
Timings: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM.
Location: Coastal Road, Beau Champ.
Complimentary for the guests of Four Seasons Resort.
Four outside guests, Green Fees - MUR 7200.
Phone: +230 402 3125
- Golf instructors available.
- Clubs and shoe rentals on the house.
- Driving range and pro shop.
- Website: [email protected]
3. Heritage Golf ClubDesigned by Peter Matkovitch from South Africa, this vast golf course in Mauritius has undulating and wide fairways which are carved through a beautiful sugar cane plantation. The Citronniers and St Martin rivers cross through the fairways, and the air is filled with the scent of some exotic flowers. This golf course is set between the turquoise blue sea and the volcanic mountains which alleviates its beauty. This course can be delightful for recreational golfers.
Timings: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Location: Situated at the Southern part of the country, at Domaine de Bel Ombre.
Entry Fees (per person): MUR 6944
Phone: +230 623 5600
4. Paradis Golf ClubThis golf course in Mauritius belongs to the Beachcomber Dinarobin. It has a spectacularly picturesque landscape with beautiful palm trees and is situated right in front of the deep blue sea. As it’s a part of a hotel, you can get your golf cart directly delivered at the hotel room, if you are a guest.
Timings: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Location: 12, St Clement Street Curepipe, Mauritius
Entry Fees: MUR 726/ Person
Phone: +230 601 9000
- Practice range available.
- The golf course is situated inside a resort. So, you can enjoy the resort facilities after the game.
- Training and teaching areas are available.
- A perfect variety of golf holes.
- Website: https://www.beachcomber-hotels.com/de/golf/your-golf-experience/paradis-golf-club
5. Tamarina Golf CourseIt is one of the unique golf courses in Mauritius and is located on the coasts of the island. The setting and architecture of the golf course are unique, and while golfing here, you might even feel like being somewhere in the African savannah! Inaugurated in 2006, this golf course was designed by Rodney Wright, and he did a marvellous job of collaborating the natural landscapes with modern architectural techniques.
Timings: 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM.
Location: Tamarin Bay, Mauritius
Entry Fees: (per person)
Green Fees for 18 holes - MUR 287
- Dedicated driving range.
- Bunkers and private practice area.
- Outdoor hitting bays.
Phone: +230 401 3006
6. Links Golf Course
Created in 2002 by Rodney Wright & Peter Alliss, this golf course is a charming place to play for the golfers. As it is located in a hilly area, and bracketed by some beautiful natural fairways, golfers are strongly recommended to visit with their club carts. The putts are quite challenging, and the greens are often hard to read. Some of these holes are water-protected; hence, it is advisable to carry a few extra golf balls.
Timings: 7:00 AM-6:00 PM.
Location: East of Mauritius.
Entry Fees (per person): MUR 5800
- Putting and Practice greens.
- Golf club and golf cart rentals.
- Golf Academy with coaching.
Phone: +230 402 26 00
7. Gymkhana Golf CourseThis is the oldest golf course in the Southern Hemisphere and was created in 1902. It is a short course but offers significant challenges to the golfers. And as the golf course is very tight, it is enjoyable and playable for golfers of all levels. A part of one of the most sought-after private clubs in Mauritius, Gymkhana Golf Course is a chance to play one or two rounds of the game.
Timings: 7:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Location: Suffolk Close, Vacoas - Mauritius Central region
Entry Fees (per person): MUR 2000 (for 18 holes)
- Temporary membership is available.
- It is the most affordable 18 holes course in all of Mauritius.
- Other recreational facilities, bar, library, swimming pool, library, fitness centre, etc. available.
Phone: +230 660 1844
8. Dodo Golf ClubBuilt in 1950, Dodo Club golf course is the second oldest one in Mauritius. It is a minimal golf course with just nine holes and is pretty good for beginners. It is located precisely at the centre of Mauritius and is famous among the local golfers. A visit to this golf course will let you spend some time alone, playing golf, as you can finish a total round in just 2 hours.
Timings: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM.
Location: Curepipe, Central Mauritius
Entry Fees: NA
Golf Package available which includes the Green Fees, Golf Carts, Transfer To and From Golf Course, Practice balls.
Website: https://www.hole19golf.com/mauritius/dodo-club (official website is not available)
Phone: +230 6740 918
9. Avalon Golf EstateIt is awarded in the “World’s Best New Golf Course 2016” category and is situated at a beautiful location in Mauritius. Surrounded by the most idyllic sceneries and located just in the middle of a natural reserve, Avalon Golf Course is away from the hustle-bustle of the towns or the coasts of the country. The stunning landscape and the colourful fairways with the most beautiful plants give it a luxurious look. The best part is, it is accessible to all, and due to its picturesque beauty, it is often termed as the Garden of Eden.
Timings: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Location: Bois Sec. Bois Cheri, Mauritius
Entry Fees: MUR 2624/ Person
- Restaurant and Bar.
- Pro Shop.
- Pool Area.
- Country Club.
Phone: +230 430 5800
10. The Legend Golf CourseOpened in 1994, this one is the first-ever championship golf course for the Constance Resorts and Hotels. Designed by the famous Hugh Biaocchi in 1994, the golf course was built within an old hunting reserve, and this has helped the golfers get a glimpse of some deer at times. The picturesque combination of volcanic rocks, enchanting forests, and pretty ponds makes this course quite challenging for the players though. However, if you wish to see its beauty, you must pay a visit here.
Timings: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PMSo, what do you think? Won’t visiting one of these or some of these be different from a usual beach vacation in Mauritius? Make sure that you call them or get in touch with their officials to know more about the pricing and playing (visiting) rules.
Location: Constance Resorts, Belle Mare, Mauritius
Entry Fees: NA
- Golf Academy.
- Pro Shop.
- Golf Carts.
- Driving Range.
- Clubhouse, Restaurants and Bar.
- Putting Greens.
Phone: +230 402 26 00