1. The OberoiLocated on the shores of Turtle Bay, and 15 kilometres off Port Louis, the capital, The Oberoi is one of the luxurious retreats in Mauritius. Bestowed with a colourful coral reef and 20 acres of thriving, subtropical gardens, the Oberoi also gratify their guests with fascinating views of sunsets while enjoying on the white beaches. From the Royal Villa, the guests can shed away all the weariness with mesmerising views of the Turtle Bay and those heart throbbing sunsets undisturbed from the master bedrooms. Covering the grounds up to a whopping 7000 square feet, the villa also homes a lush garden for private dinners and a swimming pool for relaxing sights of the ocean.
The Oberoi offers an overall royal dining experience. Their rustic, thatched roof restaurant gives the guests an under-the-stars dining experience while witnessing the Indian Ocean. Specializing in International and Asian cuisines, the restaurant opens during breakfast and dinner hours. Apart from this, in the On The Rocks dining space extended into the ocean sitting on volcano rocks, the guests can savour their lunch and dinner with grilled sea-food and fire-wood pizzas while dipping their toes in the ocean water. For classical and jazz music lovers, The Bar is the best spot with an antique ambience from the chandelier coupled with the calm ocean breeze.
Along with all this wonderfulness, the Oberoi also facilitates the guests with an array of therapies blending the primitive philosophies with contemporary technologies, in seclusion from the rest of the property and almost giving the feel of a different world within a world. Arrangements for meditation and yoga are also there. Numerous activities and facilities including nature walk, jogging, sculpture classes, kids club, high internet speed, and nearby tourist destinations like the Chamarel Waterfall, Ile Aux Cerfs, Pamplemousses gardens, the Grand Bassin and the Black River Gorges National Park make the Oberoi a complete holiday package.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 32,206 - 85,094 per night
2. Constance Prince MauriceIt is a perfect blend of exotic class and architectural brilliance surrounded by the tropical greens. Soaking in the pool under the warmth of the sun during the day and embracing the beautiful night lights of the hotel, guests can never get tired of admiring this haven of luxury and comfort. An immaculate collection of tastefully designed and decorated suites and villas for a secluded and intimate atmosphere as well as enjoying the family warmth, with amazing garden and ocean views and easy access to the beach, the accommodation facilities here are top-of-the mark.
The elegant setting of the beach-view Archipel restaurant serving delicious food, a mysterious walk through the mangrove tree complimented pathway for an authentically romantic treat on the floating decked Le Barachois restaurant and a regional twist of the finest Japanese cuisine, and fresh sushi at the Asian restaurant is more than what the guests can expect for.
The Laguna bar specialises in exquisite cocktails and musical entertainments, and for a more sophisticated after dinner drinking experience in an intimate atmosphere, the Lotus Lounge Bar is at the service of the guests. For those who enjoy a more peaceful spot, the Floating Bar is the apt place with the Indian Ocean in the backdrop. Wine lovers can treat themselves in the exclusively designed Wine Cellar with over 25000 bottles of the best wines from around the world.
The Constance also features a fabulous spa for the rejuvenation of the mind and soul with premier treatments and therapies by trained professional. Sports and adventure enthusiasts can indulge themselves in golf games and diving quests. It also has a well-stocked library with a rich collection of books and magazines along with amenities like free internet access and tea & coffee machines. Other facilities and activities include rented luxury cars with tour guides, sea excursions, fishing trips, submarine rides, speed boating, laundry and dry cleaning, doctor on call and all the necessary needs.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 25,339 per night
3. The St. Regis ResortSituated in the south-western corner of the island, this five-star resort with vast views of the Indian ocean is an absolute landmark in the line of holiday destinations. The magical turquoise lagoon dominating the region provides the guests with a wholesome package of natural wonder and the finest holiday experience along with the best cuisines.
This five-star property has 172 guest suites and villas divided into different subcategories suiting the needs and desires of everyone. With mesmerising views and special butler services, the resort has earned its worth and never fallen behind in giving their guests the best.
St. Regis offers five dining experiences with primary influences from French and Mauritian traditional cuisines to exotic Japanese and South-East Asian dishes. The typical Mauritian hospitality at the Le Manoir Dining Room serving savoury Creole flavours, a beachside gourmet of grilled prawns and platter of oysters along with a sparkling bottle of Champagne in the Boathouse Bar & Grill, an infusion of Thai and Malay dishes at the Floating Market, the best of a Japanese and Vietnamese chef's special of Atsuko, authentic dishes from all over the country with a traditional touch at Simply India and lastly, the colonial themed 1904 Bar with a collection of vintage whiskeys constitute the resort's best dining spots.
The resort also features complimentary parking services in the outdoor and activities like waterskiing and windsurfing. It also has in-house recreational centres like the Iridium spa, fitness clubs and stunning pools.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 27, 282 per night
4. Four Seasons ResortA complete luxury resort with fascinating views of mountains and beaches. Its natural wooden finishing and ample sunlight warmth give it a one-of-a-kind attractiveness. Perfect for a secluded vacation away from all the hustle and bustle of cities, Four Seasons serves the purpose faithfully.
The resort comes packed with a variety of guest rooms, suites and villas according to the accommodation needs for everyone. Their beach pool villa and the ocean pool villa are one of the many types of room that this place has in store for the guests.
The restaurants in Four Seasons are constantly trying to upgrade themselves in order the make the quality better and provide the guests with the best meals. From a multi-course under the stars dinner to a poolside lunch, a lot of emphases is put to create the perfect ambience for a delicious meal. The restaurants have some quality chefs who are maestros in Italian, Chinese, Indian and Mauritian cuisines. The Acuapazza restaurant is apt for an intimate dinner with homemade pasta and an extended range of vintage wine. The guests can enjoy a seasonal cocktail along with a hand-rolled cigar in the open-air lounge, the O-Bar.
Along with this, Four Seasons comes with 12 spa treatment rooms, a recreational centre equipped with cardio and fitness machines, a massive golf course and a 24-hour tour service.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 33,347 per night
5. LuxStanding on the majestic Le Morne peninsula, which is studded with rich wildlife and attractive lagoons, this five-star hotel is one of the most celebrated places in Mauritius. It is the perfect blend of nature and leisure. From enjoying the spectacular views sunsets to relaxing under the palm trees, the guests can never grow out of this lovable place.
The luxurious rooms and suits have an elegant wooden finish designed for ultimate comfort. The rich decor lights up with the playful breeze carrying with it the aroma of orchids. Guests can enjoy the sights from the balcony of their room and treat themselves with the classy room amenities.
Their idea with food is keeping it fresh and simple with their traditional luxury dinner without overdoing anything. A beautiful amalgamation of various flavours and textures makes their food very light and easy-going. The central restaurant, The Kitchen is all about fresh buffet styled breakfast and a lavish dinner along with local and authentic entertainment. Famous for their pizza and Mediterranean cuisines, The Beach is a restaurant filled with satisfying flavours and healthy food. The guests can enjoy a cocktail along with some music in The Bar and the finest coffee in the Lux Cafe. The East restaurant is as its name suggests, all about Thai dishes in a sophisticated yet simple setting.
The Lux also offers relaxing massage facilities with Chinese medicine treatments in their specialised spas. Unisexual facial salons and yoga centres are also available for a little self-care. Apart from this, the Lux is also perfect for those who are looking for an adrenaline filled activities, and fun sports with their services likes kite surfing, waterboarding, beach volley, tennis, bike trips and horse riding and so on and so forth.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 18,698 per night
6. Shanti Maurice Resort and SpaIf you are looking for a way to tantalise your senses while relaxing on the beach with an endless view of the ocean coupled with royal suites and unmatched culinary experience, Shanti Maurice ticks all the boxes. Their location on the beach with private gardens and soothing pools makes it the perfect getaway spot.
The large, contemporary styled suites and villas have classic decor and splendidly furnished beds. The panoramic windows and entertainments systems fitted in the rooms which directly lead to the beach give the guests all kinds of pleasure that they can ask for.
With the use of authentic local ingredients, Shanti Maurice restaurants ensure a healthy and delightful culinary experience. A worldwide range of cuisines in a romantic setting in the Stars restaurant, a taste of barbeque and grilled items at the Rum Shed where guests can relax and chat, the Red Ginger Bar and pool lounge is a great place for meeting up for drinks and cocktails, or with their special in-villa room services, the guests also have the option of enjoying a secluded meal.
A 75000 square feet worth of spa facilities with a wide range of treatments, wellness classes and health activities is a pure relaxation haven within the resort.
With an array of exciting family and fun activities to choose from like picnic in the nearby forests, boat trips and excursions to different parts of Mauritius and a ton of water sports, the Shanti Maurice is complete in every way for a relaxing getaway.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 14,040 per night
7. Royal PalmRoyal Palm occupies a beautiful spot along the coast of the island. It can be defined as a luxuriously discreet holiday experience. The charm of natural grandeur and the splendour of the radiant atmosphere add to its privileged position on the historical site in the island, the Great Sable which is not very far away from Grand Baie, the tourist village.
Designed with excellent craftsmanship and special attention to detail finish, the suites compliment the luxurious stay in every possible way. The suites are subcategorised in accordance to meet the guest needs and fitted with the finest of amenities and in-room services facilitating a smooth staying experience.
Royal Palm has three reputed restaurants namely Le Bar Plage, La Brezza and La Goelette which allow the guests to enjoy the finest meals along with some magnificent views. The philosophy that inspires these restaurants comes from the head chef who believes in paying meticulous attention and taking utmost care regarding the matters of savoury and flavour and the harmony of local ingredients with exotic spices and herbs. Blessed with highly hospitable staff and classic service, these multi-cuisine restaurants together represent the elite gastronomically enriched units of the Royal Palm.
The beachside spectacle is studded with 18 massage and treatment rooms which guarantee the guests of a relaxing stay. Ayurvedic treatments and yoga classes are few of the many added benefits. Excursions and boat rides to the nearby tourist destinations, enthralling water sports and adventure activities extend the list of services that the Royal Palm has to offer to their guests.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 46,765 per night
8. The ResidenceA stunning beach paradise showcasing the tradition Mauritian hospitality, The Residence is a modern island experience, and an elegantly constructed colonial style resort swirls up a feeling of nostalgia among the guests. It occupies the east coast of Mauritius with an endless view of the Indian Ocean and showered with tropical gardens for the ideal retreat. A unique blend of ancient cultures and contemporary hospitality makes this place worth a visit.
The 28 suites and 135 rooms of the resort exemplify the true sense of calm restfulness. Large marble bathroom and sunlit balconies are the special attractions of the accommodations. A personal butler for the guests is appointed to make sure the guests are having a pleasant time by providing them with all the room service facilities.
The finest recipes from Indian, European and Chinese cuisines in their exotically crafted restaurants deliver a high standard dining experience. All the ingredients are naturally produced on the island, and the finger-licking good flavours of various spices and herbs produce delightful platters of dishes. The ambience and aroma of the restaurants compliment the excellent food.
The Sanctuary is their in-house spa inspired by the Zen philosophy that constitutes eight rooms of full tranquillity and peace. French beauty and hair professional work together to bring out the guest's natural radiance. The unique spa experience providing custom treatments and therapeutic benefits result in a relaxation-oriented stay at The Residence.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 14, 885 per night
9. Maradiva VillasThis luxurious five-star resort is one of its kinds in the island. Situated by the glittering Indian Ocean on the west coast of Mauritius, with a sublime view of the Le Morne Mountain, the Maradiva is famous for its excess of a vast area of the pristine beach. With over 200 staff members, the guests are provided with an impeccable line of services. This enormous property has 27 acres of lush green lands and private pool spread across the area with maintains the rich and authentic heritage.
65 private villas with all the high-end facilities embedded in them layout across the coastline with awesome views of ocean and gardens, along with private pools. The guests can let themselves engulf in this relaxing haven of executive utilities.
A handful of restaurants serve the best food which tickles the taste buds every time and signifies an ultimate culinary enterprise. The Breakers Bar for light meals and a chilled out ambience with beds and sofas, Cilantro Restaurant specialises in all the Indian cuisine delicacies, Teppanyaki Counter for the Thai for lovers and a unique pool and beach personalised experience with a specified staff for catering to all the refreshment needs.
The heart of the villa has an Indian philosophy inspired and design spa centre for Ayurvedic treatments and muscular massages that enhances the relaxation process, even more, cleansing the soul and mind and the guests attain a full state of tranquillity.
A range of various activities come along with the whole luxurious villa experience featuring deep sea fishing and swimming along with dolphins, water sports and scuba diving, sports like golf and horse riding make sure that the guests are not having a monotonous holiday.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 28,382 per night
10. Long Beach Sun ResortA euphoric sense of escape amidst this East Coast haven with pristine beaches submerging into the vast cyan ocean is the ultimate holiday deal. This idiosyncratic modern resort encompassed an elite line of services and a luxurious guest getaway.
The stylish rooms with easy access to beaches, pools and gardens with added features like a private terrace or balcony are what defines the Long Beaches' unique accommodations. The interior is quite spacious with a pleasing ambience with sleek furniture and well-toned room colours and easy access to the internet. Categorized into various types of suites, guests can enjoy a romantic intimacy as well as cherish family moments.
A line of top service restaurants represents their culinary aspect. Restaurants like Chopsticks serve a range of seafood delicacies along with delicious Asian soups, an authentic Japanese restaurant named Hasu, specializing in English and continental breakfast, Le Marche is an elegant dining space, Sapori is inspired by Italian and Mediterranean dishes and awesome drinks, and Tides is well known for its fabulous desserts and sophisticated main course meals.
Long Beach also features world-class spa services and a fascinating golf course for their elite guests. Well, maintained kids clubs let the adults enjoy the beautiful sunset while their kids are engaged in playful activities.
Book This Resort Starting from INR 15,035 per night
If you are a traveller monger and if you need to ticks some things off your bucket lists, then pack your bags already and make a move to marvellous Mauritius and be evidence to the existence of this extraordinary place on the majestic Indian Ocean. A jam-packed voyage of unseen tropical spectacles and a lavish hotel experience is waiting for you!