Popular Attractions In India For KidsIt is a well-known fact that India is filled with thousands of destinations that are endearing to each and every kind of traveller. However, the following destinations are sure to appeal to adults and children alike -
1. New Delhi
2. RajasthanTravel to the state of Rajasthan and you will see such a sharp change in the lifestyle here that it will boggle your mind! From colourful clothing to soulful regional music, Rajasthan has its own unique brand of tourism that will steal your heart and fascinate the little ones too. From the crystal clear waters of Udaipur's lakes to the amber desert sands of Jaisalmer, Rajasthan is full of contrasts that somehow fit in together. Camel ride in Jaisalmer is a must do activity for children and their parents alike, and is better than any roller coasters or rides they might've ridden, hands down! Don't forget to visit the capital city Jaipur, which has magnificent monuments such as City Palace and Amer Fort awaiting your visit.
3. Himachal PradeshTravel a bit due north and you'll reach the mighty Shivalik hills of Himachal Pradesh, which are delightfully pleasant. With gentle hills carpeted with lush greenery and crisp mountain air, this state provides the perfect opportunity to relax and enjoy the raw beauty of nature. Popular tourist destinations here are Shimla, Kullu-Manali, Mussourie, Dharamsala- McLeodganj, Kasauli and Kasol among others. The scenic beauty here will definitely capture your child's imagination and is a great way to learn about the charming ways of the hills.
4. GoaWhen you've had your fill of the mountains, pay the state of Goa a visit for an amazing rendezvous with its golden beaches. This destination is perfect for beach lovers and is thronged with tourists throughout the year. From its delicious cuisine to picturesque sceneries, this is the perfect destination to bask away in the sun. Dudhsagar falls here is a gushing cascade that is enchantingly beautiful to behold. Goa also has a wide variety of thrilling activities such as hot air balloon rides, camping and scuba diving that will keep your kids occupied throughout.
7. BangalorePerhaps the IT capital of India, Bangalore proves to be an unlikely tourist destination as well. This city is most popular for its parks and amazing nightlife. Amusement parks like Wonder La are the perfect spot for kids to indulge in some fun filled water activities, while other destinations such as the HAL Aerospace Museum, Tipu Sultan's summer palace and Lumbini Gardens are other spots that will capture your child's imagination. Bangalore's close proximity to the Mysore Palace is another plus point of this city.
8. Madhya PradeshWhen it comes to tourism, the state of Madhya Pradesh has it all- from intricately sculpted monuments to nature reserves. The most popular tourist hotspots here are Jabalpur's marble rocks, Khajuraho, Panchmarhi and Sanchi Stupa. Kanha Tiger Reserve and Bandhavgarh National Park deserve a special mention, as you can catch a glimpse of India's national animal tiger here in all its glory.
10. AmritsarA visit to India would perhaps be incomplete if one doesn't visit Amritsar's Golden Temple, which is a gilded haven set in the midst of the vibrant state of Punjab. The sheer magnificence and grandeur of this paramount sanctum of Sikhism is indeed humbling. Other popular tourist spots in Amritsar would be Jallianwala Bagh and the Solar Clock. Kids will especially enjoy the unique interaction between the Indian and Pakistani armed forces at the Wagah Border, where both parties indulge in a display of their impeccable training and skills.
Health and Hygiene
Toy Train Darjeeling
With its myriad charms, peculiarities, specialities and big, big heart, India is a welcoming country with the most genuine and endearing love for its guests. No matter what your apprehensions might be, travelling here with your kids will surely prove to be a rewarding experience that you will recount fondly.