Sunburn Festival 2019Sunburn Goa is coming up with their 12th edition this year. The line-up is yet to be announced, but booking window is already open on bookmyshow.
Expected dates: 27th December- 29th December
Location: Vagator, Goa
Passes: INR 2750 onwards
Highlights of the Sunburn Festival in GoaIf you are a crazy EDM (Electronic Dance Music) fan, you sure know all about the Sunburn Festival in Goa. For those who have no clue, Sunburn is rightfully claimed to be Asia’s biggest EDM festival, attracting ardent EDM fans from over 30 countries across the globe. It goes on for almost three days every year with few of the world’s most renowned DJs engaging the crowd with their best works. Held at Vagator beach in Goa, the Sunburn Festival is a three-day experience of unlimited fun and frolic with your friends!
9 Reasons Why: A Must-Visit for EDM Fans1. Unmatched Line-Up Across Multiple Genres
Every year, Sunburn witnesses a world-class line-up of DJs from across the globe, spinning some of their best works and engaging the crowd to some out-of-the-world music. Few of the famous artists who perform at this festival are Afrojack, DJ Snake Andrew Rayel, Tiesto, Mark Knight, Quintino, Pete Tong, James Zabiela Josh Wink, Shermanology, Chuckie and Goldfish. Among Indians, Nucleya, Anish Sood, Janux, Sartek, and Arsh have performed in this Festival in the past.
2. Outstanding Scale of Production
With a mesmerising sunset at the backdrop, the massive stages, laser lights of different colours in every direction, booming sound systems, incredible visuals and a loud grooving crowd along with a world-class line-up of artists tuning in to your favourite songs across all genres, LIVE! I’m sure it doesn’t get any better for all the music lovers out there!
3. Perfect timing of the Festival
Typically, Sunburn Music Festival takes place in the last week of December, so your plans for Christmas and New Year is sorted! Unless you have your annual family reunions planned for Christmas, Sunburn is the perfect place to be during the festive season along with your besties of course! Spend the weekend grooving to the best music and hogging on some mouth-watering food.
4. Breathtaking location
The festival is held at one of the best party destinations in the country, Goa! Nothing can beat a fun-filled 3-day holiday of complete relaxation and unlimited fun with your gang.
5. Attend different workshops before the festival
The festival begins in the evening and goes on till late at night. During the day you could participate in various workshops. Some of which are; drum workshop, dream catcher workshop, kite workshop, kite-making workshop, tattoo workshop or you can even learn how to play different instruments. There is something for everyone at the Sunburn Festival!
6. The festival encourages new artists
At the Sunburn Festival, you not only witness world-class performances by famous artists; you also stand a chance to groove to fresh and upcoming talent. Usually, the earlier slots are assigned to these new talents who participate to showcase their talent and get visibility at such a big platform.
7. Make new friends from different countries
Being one of the most famous music festivals in the world, the Sunburn Festival draws a large crowd from different parts of the world. The festival is an excellent opportunity to make new friends, know about their musical journey, their experiences and a lot more! You never know, you might end up finding your future best friend in this fulfilled journey!
8. Enjoy a host of other recreational activities around the venue
Sunburn hosts an array of fun activities before the concert begins. These include bungee jumping, giant wheel, zorbing, the adventure zipline, mechanical bull ride and a lot more. These activities are trendy among the masses and draws a large amount of crowd before the show begins.
9. Enjoy Happy Hours
On all three days of the festival, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, you get to enjoy happy hours, which means a wide range of discounts on food and beverages! The festival venue has many snacks stalls put up offering a variety of items like pizzas, burgers, and other finger-licking food. You also get to avail offers like ‘buy one get one free’ and much more!
- Tickets are available at the venue as well as online on websites such as BookMyShow, with a very nominal extra charge. It is always better to book tickets online, months ahead of the festival to get them at cheaper rates.
- You can avail the early bird offers, available at bookmyshow, to get amazing discounts on the tickets.
- VIP passes are available for this festival, where you have a separate lounge open with spectacular views of the stage along with food and drinks. But it is the most fun when you rave along with the crowd and also pay less for that!
- Book food and drinks online while booking your tickets because they are super expensive at the venue.
- Most online portals sell different categories of tickets such a one-day ticket, two-day ticket or multiple entry tickets. Most cards do not allow re-entry and have several other terms and conditions. Before booking, look them up and then book.
- If you live outside India and want to book tickets for the festival, you need to submit a copy of your passport and debit/credit card at the counter near the venue.
- You can purchase up to 10 tickets per transaction.
- In case you cancel or reschedule your ticket, you won’t get a refund for it.
Things to Remember While Heading to the Festival
- You must be at least 15 years old to be allowed to enter the event.
- If you buy a single day ticket, you will not be allowed to re-enter the event venue. You have to be a multiple-day ticket holder to be allowed to re-enter.
- You will need a valid photo ID like driving license, passport, voter’s ID etc. for verification purpose while entering the venue.
- If you book tickets online, the entry wristband would be delivered at your address at least a week before the festival. But, if you do not receive the band, you could collect it from the counter at the venue.
- Possession or sale of drugs is strictly prohibited at this festival. If you are found engaging in such illegal activities, you have to face harsh circumstances.
- Cameras and other recording devices are strictly prohibited.
- After the concert is over, there is a lot of chaos outside the venue. It is advisable that you hire a 2-wheeler (only if the driver is sober, do not drink and drive!) or you can exit the venue a little early.
- Do not carry any food or beverage along with you as guests are thoroughly scanned at the entrance.
- Since the venue is quite large, and the duration is quite long, decide a common meeting point along with your group in case someone gets lost.