Here’s the list of the best places for Street Food in Old Delhi:
1. Qureshi Kebab CornerQureshi Kebab Corner is one of the most popular street food shops in Old Delhi that serve juicy, tender and savoury kebabs. Qureshi Kebab Corner was started by Haji Abdul Ghani Qureshi per his grandfather, who sold kebabs on a stall near Jama Masjid. The place is currently run by five sons of the founder on the recipe handed down by the father. The place is forever bustling with guests, so you might have to wait a little to savour the little treats.
Must Try Dishes: Seekh kebab, Chicken tikka, Chicken malai tikka
Address: Urdu Bazar Rd, Meena Bazaar, Kalan Mehal, Old Delhi, New Delhi
Timings: 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
2. Natraj Dahi BhallaNatraj Dahi Bhalla serves the best Dahi Bhalla in Delhi - juicy, sweet and sour. Served with a generous helping of dahi, a dash of sweet sonth chatni and a wisp of savoury green chilly chutney, the dahi bhallas are a bomb of flavours. They only have two items on their menu from their inception in 1940 until today: Dahi Bhalla and Aloo Tikki served with sauce. Both of these are worth a taste when you are here.
Must Try Dishes: Dahi Bhalla, Aloo Tikki
Address: 1396, Main Road Beside Central Bank, Kucha Mahajani, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM
3. Daulat ki Chaat, Chandni ChowkWho doesn't know about the ever so popular Daulat ki Chaat? Amazingly enough, the chaat is a sweet offering made from creamy, frothy milk. Enriched with a generous helping of khoya, sprinkled with saffron and adorned with a rose, one teaspoon of this treat is known to melt in the mouth instantaneously. The preparation of this delicacy takes 6 hours and is freshly served in the morning. You can find it on several mobile stalls near Kinari Bazaar.
Must Try Dishes: Daulat ki Chaat
Address: Near Jain Temple, Kinari Bazar, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
4. Old Famous Jalebi WalaOld Famous Jalebi Wala is one of the most famous sweet shops and street food spot in Old Delhi known for its fat and juicy jalebis. The jalebis are filled with sweet sugary syrup and are served with a dollop of freshly made rabri. The delicacy is especially savoured in the winters; however, the shop is crowded even during summers. Opened in 1884, these jalebis are fried in homemade desi ghee and are the talk of the town.
Must Try Dishes: Old Famous Jalebi Wala
Address: 1795, Dariba Kalan Rd, Opp Central Baptist Church, Dariba Kalan, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
5. Lotan Ke Chole KulcheLotan ke Chole Kulche in Old Delhi is known for its hot and spicy flavoured chole served with the soft and bland kulche and a twig of green chilly and some salad. People come all across from town to relish this delicacy. Been in service since 1977, the chole kulche are famous even today. And this establishment is forever surrounded by a crowded. So if you are in Old Delhi anytime, don’t forget to try this out.
Must Try Dishes: Chole Kulche
Address: 2368, Chatta Shahji Rd, Manohar Market, Nai Wala, Old Delhi, New Delhi
Timings: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
6. Karim’s KebabsKarim’s is a household name, not just in Delhi but in several other cities of the country. Although the place is a proper eating joint known for proper dinner and lunch sittings, we couldn’t refrain from mentioning it in the street food category due to its delectable kebabs, chicken tikkas, etc. Murg malai and other starters. The tiny restaurant is always buzzing with people, so you might have to wait for 15 - 20 minutes if you decide to visit at the peak hours.
Must Try Dishes: Chicken Kebabs, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Roasted, Murg Barra
Address: 16, Gali Kababian, Jama Masjid, New Delhi
Timings: 9:00 AM - 12:30 AM
7. Jung Bahadur Kachori WalaYou all must be familiar with the round puffy balls of fried dough filled with chopped onion and spices, popularly called Kachori. And who doesn’t savour a crispy spicy kachori served with delicious gravy. To taste some of this, you can head out to Jung Bahadur Kachori Wala in Chandni Chowk, the shop known to serve some of the best kachoris in town ever for ages. This snack is usually served with some tamarind and mint chutney which adds to the flavour. The menu only has kachoris on it - either full plate or half.
Must Try Dishes: Kachoris
Address: 1104, Gali Bhojpura Rd, Maliwara, Katra Lehswan, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 10:30 AM - 7:30 PM, Closed on Sunday
8. Paranthe Wali GaliParanthe Wali Gali is this entire lane in Chandni Chowk that serves all kinds of stuffed parathas. Joints after joints stuck in the walls like a closet, sell mouth-watering parathas stuffed with all possible mixtures that you can ever think of- from aloo to gobhi, chilly, cheese, keema, egg, paneer and mooli etc. The shops started to operate around 1870 during the Mughal reign, and the oldest one of them is Pandit Gaya Prasad Paranthe Wala.
Must Try Dishes: Paneer Paratha, Chilly Paratha, Aloo Paratha
Address: Katra Lehswan, Chandni Chowk, Delhi
Timings: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
9. Sita Ram Diwan Chand Chole BhatureSnuck in one of the cosy bylanes of Old Delhi, Sita Ram Diwan Chand Chole Bhature is the pride of Old Delhi. Although it might take some time for you to figure out the shop, the taste of the food will be totally worth it. They serve only in the early hours of the morning and finish by early afternoon. The chole are soaked overnight and marinated well before being cooked. And the cooked dish is served with tender and soft bhature which are relished by one and everyone.
Must Try Dishes: Chole Bhature
Address: 2243, Rajguru Marg, Chuna Mandi, Paharganj, New Delhi
Timings: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
10. Shiv Misthan BhandarShiv Mishthan Bhandar is known for its all-day breakfast of bedmi poori, aloo poori and samosa chaat. These puffy bedmi pooris are the highlight of the sweet house, which are served with spiced and curried potatoes. The other speciality to try out at the Shiv Misthan Bhandar is Nagori Halwa, known to melt in the mouth. Suji ka Halwa and yummy lassi are available here, other than all the other regular sweetmeats and treats.
Must Try Dishes: Bedmi Poori, Nagori Halwa, Aloo Poori, Lassi
Address: 375, Chandni Chowk Rd, Kucha Ghasiram, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
11. Aslam ChickenAslam Chicken has won over the title for the ‘Best Butter Chicken’ in the last twenty years. And true to its title, the chefs do prepare a delicacy that is one of its kind. The chicken is first marinated in a spicy flurry, which are then grilled to perfection and are later drowned in a mixture of butter and yoghurt. The end product is nothing but sheer delight. You can never have just one bite. The taste will linger in your mouth forever and will keep calling you back for more.
Must Try Dishes: Butter Chicken Tikka
Address: Bazar, Meena Bazaar, 982, Matia Mahal Rd, Kalan Mehal, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 1:00 PM - 1:00 AM
12. Bishan Swaroop Chaat BhandarBishan Swaroop Chaat Bhandar is another hidden gem for street food in Old Delhi. Other than the regular aloo chaat and chickpea chaat, the place also does a concoction of pomegranate and kiwis and all the seasonal fruits. The potato chaat, which is stir-fried, is one of their best selling on the menu. But once that you are here, it is recommended that you try all sorts as all of them are incredible and delicious tasting.
Must Try Dishes: Aloo Chaat, Fruit Chaat
Address: 1421, Chandni Chowk, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Closed on Sunday
13. Kuremal Mohanlal KulfiwaleLala Duli Chand Naresh Gupta and Kuremal Mohanlal Kulfiwale, popularly known as the Kuremal Mohanlal Kulfiwale, is one of the legendary shops in Chandni Chowk selling kulfis since 1908. The shop's speciality is that they sell kulfis infused with a flavour of fresh fruit that makes them unique and singularly delicious tasting. The stall is always buzzing with the ice cream lovers who come here from all across town to savour this delicacy.
Must Try Dishes: Mango kulfi, Anaar kulfi, Rose kulfi, Tamarind kulfi and Aam Papad kulfi
Address: Metro Station, Near, Shop No. 526, Kucha Pati Ram, Sitaram Bazar Rd, Chawri Bazar, Delhi
Timings: 10:00 AM - 11:30 PM
14. Hazari Lal Jain Khurchan WaleHazari Lal Jain Khurchan Wale serves a unique sweet dish that goes by the name of ‘khurchan’. Although the name literally translates to leftover scrap in the pan. But this khurchan is a sticky sweet delicacy made from thickened milk and powdered sugar, and lots of pistachios. The establishment is known to have been started some 90 years ago by Gauri Shankar Jain who named it after his son Hazari Lal. The khurchan has been a rage among foodies ever since.
Must Try Dishes: Khurchan
Address: 2225, Kinari Bazar Rd, Kinari Bazar, Dharam Pura, Chandni Chowk, Delhi
Timings: Monday to Saturday - 10:00 AM - 9:30 PM; Sunday - 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM
15. Al JawaharJust like Al Jawahar is also one of the proper street food places in Old Delhi. However, this also serves some of the best street food and snacks, especially non-vegetarian. The restaurant has emerged to be one of the best ones in town when it comes to Mughlai food. Everything available here is definitely worth a try, from mutton barras to chicken tikkas, kebabs, and roasted Afghani chicken dishes.
Must Try Dishes: Chicken Tikka,, Mutton Barra, Kebabs, Afghani chicken
Address: 8, Near, Matia Mahal Rd, Bazar Matia Mahal, Jama Masjid, Old Delhi, New Delhi
Timings: 7:00 AM - 12:30 AM
16. Nawab Qureshi’s Watermelon ShakeHow can we forget ‘Pyaar Mohabbat ka Sharbat’ or the Watermelon Shake when we are talking about the best street foods in Old Delhi. The watermelon shake is basically a concoction of milk, water, some sugar, and lots of tiny watermelons crumbles to lighten up the mixture and add a tangy flavour. The shake is much loved by the local foodies looking for this speciality of Old Delhi. The shake is mostly available during the summer months.
Must Try Dishes: Pyaar Mohabbat ka Sharbat
Address: Outside 1149, Matia Mahal, Near Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
17. Shyam SweetsLocated just at the beginning of Chawri Bazaar Market in Old Delhi, Shyam Sweets is known for its crispy bedmi poori, aloo poori and Nagori ka halwa. They also have sweets from Avia Experts that are sugar-free. So, you don’t even have to worry about your sugar intake as that department is sorted. What’s more? They also take bulk orders for marriages and other ceremonies.
Must Try Dishes: Bedmi Poori, Aloo Poori, Halwa
Address: H.NO, 112, Chawri Bazar Rd, Near Chowk, Raghu Ganj, Manohar Market, Hauz Qazi, Barshahbulla, New Delhi
Timings: Monday to Saturday - 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Sunday - 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
18. Jain Coffee HouseHidden inside the cosy labyrinthian lanes of Old Delhi, Jain Coffee House serves the best fruit sandwiches in town that are one of their kinds. You can watch it getting made right in front of your eyes. Two slices of white bread are cut up and smeared with marmalade and butter, and then the fruits of your choice are placed in the centre. Other than these amazing sandwiches, they also have samosas, paneer sandwiches, shakes and coffee etc.
Must Try Dishes: Fruit Sandwich, Coffee, Shakes
Address: 4013, Ballimaran Rd, near PNB ATM, Raghu Ganj, Dai Wara, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Closed on Sunday
19. Hira Chaat CornerHira Chaat Corner is known for its exceptional delicacy called the Kulia Chaat. Mind you, this chaat is neither deep-fried nor cooked by any method. It is completely made out of fresh fruits and some tangy chaat masala. They sure do add boiled chickpeas for added flavours and a dash of lemon juice. Other than this, they also serve regular chaat and dishes like pav bhaji, tikki burger etc.
Must Try Dishes: Kulia Chaat
Address: Shop No 3636 Gali Lohe Vali Near Metro Station Gate No, 3, Chawri Bazar Rd, New Delhi
Timings: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
20. Pandit Ved Prakash Lemon WaleOnce you are out on the streets, gorging on the delicious street food, or just exploring the heritage monuments, there is nothing like a soothing glass of lemonade for your parched throat. A pinch of chaat masala adds to the sweet-sour taste. People visiting this part of Delhi always come here to have a glass full.
Must Try Dishes: Lemonade
Address: Chandni Chowk Rd, Katra Nagpuri, Katra Asharfi, Old Delhi, New Delhi
Timings: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
21. Padam Chat CornerKnown for their lip-smacking treats like papdi chaat, aloo chaat and every so delicious gol gappas. The tiny shop is snuck in a corner, and here you can find the Panditji with his pots and pans offering spicy and tangy chaat to all the people huddled around. They also take care of proper hygiene, and it is a must-visit for all you chaat lovers out there.
Must Try Dishes: Papdi Chaat, Aloo Chaat
Address: Kinari Bazar Rd, Kinari Bazar, Katra Shah N Shah, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 2:00 PM - 7:30 PM, Closed on Sunday
22. Chaina Ram Sindhi ConfectionersChaina Ram Sindhi Confectioners is another known name when it comes to street food in Old Delhi. Other than the regular treats like samosas, jalebi rabri, aloo poori, golgappas and chaat, they also have a range of sweetmeats for all you guys who have a sweet tooth. You should also definitely try the moong daal halwa and ghewar when you visit here.
Must Try Dishes: Samosas, Halwa, Jalebi
Address: 6499, Ground Floor, Fateh Puri Chowk , Chandni Chowk, Near Axis Bank, Delhi
Timings: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
23. Giani's di HattiBest known for their Rabri Faluda, Giani’s di Hatti is one of the best-kept secrets of Old Delhi. Soft and thick rabri sprinkled with crushed nuts melts in your mouth. Other than this, there are also other options that you can try, which include mango shake, lassi, gajar ka halwa and rajma chawal etc. Although the shop isn’t very fancy looking we can absolutely vouch for good food.
Must Try Dishes: Rabri Faluda, Lassi
Address: Church Mission Rd, Bagh Deewar, Katra Ghel, Khari Baoli, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
24. Babu Bhai Kebab WaleHidden away in one of the narrow crevices near Chitli Kabar in Chandni Chowk, Babu Bhai Kebab Wale operates from a tiny shop as big as a two-wheeler. However, they produce kilos of kebabs every day, known for their taste far and wide. The kebabs are juicy and are bursting with flavours. They are served with chilly green chutney and some onion salad on the side. It is recommended that you absolutely try one of these while you are here.
Must Try Dishes: Seekh kebabSo what are you waiting for? Get up, dress up and show yourself the way to the streets of Old Delhi right now. Gorge on these amazing dishes and thank us later. Happy Binging!
Address: 1465-B, Near Masjid Sayed Rafai, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Timings: 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM