Bike rentals are more popular in Goa and are also preferred by tourists. But it isn't the smartest choice when you're travelling with a group.
So, here is your entire guide if you want to rent a car in Goa:
Cost of Renting a Car in Goa
When on vacation, one spends the most on travelling. Aeroplanes and trains do not have any alternatives, but once you are in Goa, you have many pocket-friendly travelling options to choose from. Renting a car is one of the most cost-effective options available to you.
Cars for rent in Goa are available at a range of INR 1000 per day and going up to INR 3000 or INR 4000 or higher, depending on the type of car. Luxury cars are quite expensive. The cheapest option available is i10 and WagonR. At times, these prices are negotiable depending on the demand and whether it is a tourist season or not.
There is also INR 2000 to INR 5000 security deposit on these self-drive rental cars.
Type of Cars for Rent in Goa
- All types of cars are available at car rentals, and you can choose one according to your budget and the number of people in your party. There is a huge variety at your disposal, and you can find almost any car if you look hard enough.
- The most common and the cheapest options are small hatchbacks like Nano, Alto or medium-sized hatchbacks like i10, WagonR and Swift. You can also opt for sedans like Swift Dzire and Verna or compact SUVs like Creta, Duster, Baleno, etc.
- If your group includes more than five individuals, go for bigger SUVs like Innova or Scorpio. If you're feeling a little adventurous, you can also opt for a Thaar.
- You also have the option of renting luxury cars like Audi and BMW. There are many automatic cars available too.
Major Car Rentals in Goa
Reliable Rides Self Drive Car Rentals in GoaAddress: H.No -167 Opposite House of Loydes, Saipem, Candolim, Goa
Contact: +91 99210 58764
Goa Car RentalAddress: Firanguebhatt Neeul, Bardez Goa.
Contact: +91 8380852317, +91 9850993358
Joey's Car RentalsAddress: Shop No. 6, Ferry Wharf, Panjim, Goa
Contact: +91 7720-018989
SS Car RentalAddress: Prajakta Apts, flat T2, Sirvodem, Margao, Goa
Contact: +919730112959, +917875110999
Vailankanni Auto HiresAddress: A-5, St. Joseph Apartments, Camotim Vaddo, Candolim, Bardez, North Goa
Contact: +91 9822101598, 0832 - 2489568
Documents Required for Renting a Car in GoaIf you want to rent a car, you must hold a valid Driver's License. You also need to submit your original ID proof like Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Passport which will be given back to you upon returning the car. Foreign tourists have to provide a copy of their Passport or even the original.
Some car rentals do not accept PAN Card as ID proof. Always keep a photocopy of the documents. A vendor might ask for it to maintain a record.
Insurance Policy of Car Rentals in Goa
Usually, every car rental in Goa takes due insurance measures that reduce the user's liability in case of an accident. You are required by many places to submit a security deposit of INR 2000-5000 depending on the car model. This amount is fully refundable as long as you return the car within the rental period without any damage. Most of the car rentals do not provide any theft insurance so you should ask the company before renting out a car. To avoid any scratches or damage, be sure to drive the cars only on roads and not go off track.
InclusionGood car rentals at Goa have their cars equipped with air conditioning and airbags for the safety of the users. The fuel charges are not included in the rental money, so the users have to get it refilled at their own cost upon return.
Many up and coming establishments also offer 24x7 roadside assistance in case of a breakdown or as and when needed.
Recovery Policy of Self-Drive Cars in GoaYou can come across many car rentals that offer a delivery option. You can have your car delivered to landmarks like railway station, airport and even your hotel, depending on the distance between you and your car rental company. A lot of car rentals in Goa also have a pickup option. However, you should be prepared to pick and drop off the vehicle at the rental place.
In case the car that you booked is not available when you need it, an equally suitable car will be provided to you as a replacement. If you fail to return the car within the rental period, extra charges will be applicable. So, you should be prepared.
In case your car breaks down, some car rentals only provide reimbursement if you get the repair done by an authorised car dealer. Some might not provide you with any reimbursement at all.
Things to Remember While Renting a Car in Goa
- Before renting out any car, make sure to check it for any damage. You should always see if the car already has some scratches or dents and bring this to the attention of the vendor.
- Cars are rented out for a fixed period. This can vary from a single day to 3 to 4 days. Make sure to bring it back on time to avoid extra charges.
- At all times keep the car clean from the inside. Do not return the car in an untidy condition. The vendor can charge you money for getting the car cleaned.
- Car rentals do not allow the car to be taken outside Goa or to specific resorts or clubs. Ask the car rentals about this and go through the list of places thoroughly.
- The rental car companies have a different cancellation policy. The charges depend on how many days before the pickup you cancel your booking.