Goa is easily accessible by rail and air and the Bangalore to Goa road trip is one of the most popular trips to be done by road. Since flight tickets are not always cheap, and spontaneous Goa plans are the best, you should definitely consider exploring Goa by road once. Goa is about 650 - 700 km from Bangalore depending upon the route you choose to take.
Routes to Take a Road Trip From Bangalore to Goa
Route 1: The Chitradurga Route
Distance: 567 kmThis is definitely the fastest route for a Bangalore to Goa road trip. On this route, you can make a pit-stop at the beautiful ruins of the Chitradurga Fort. This fort lies in the valley of the Vedavati River and the views of the gorge are no less than spectacular.
Duration: 11 hours 52 minutes excluding the pitstops
Route 2: The Karwar Route
Distance: 632 kmThis route allows you to explore more places and beautiful beaches along the western coastline. Gokarna is not very conventionally touristy. The beaches are meant for a slow, relaxed holiday and everything on the beach goes at the same relaxed pace. In Karwar, you can check out the Warship Museum and other beaches along the way.
Duration: 13 hours excluding the pitstops
Route 3: The Hassan Route
Distance: 687 kmThe third way for a road trip from Bangalore to Goa is to go through Hassan, you can catch a glimpse of Shravanabelagola which is an important pilgrimage site. You can even take a detour to see the beautifully ornate temples of Belur and Halebidu.
Duration: 13 hours 20 minutes excluding the pitstops
- The roads till Hubli are well maintained. There might be potholes and broken roads while going to Gokarna
- Diversions see the roads meander into village areas which have narrow roads with potholes and speed bumps.
- Try avoiding such detours as you may encounter congested roads.
Where to Eat on the Way from Bangalore to Goa
- Stop for breakfast at Chitradurga
- Sample the local seafood delicacies Gokarna or Karwar
- Stop for great food at Tumkur and Hassan
Travel Tips To Keep In Mind
- Start your journey early from Bangalore in order to avoid traffic jams
- Carry sunscreen, UV-protected eyewear, scarfs, and hats to protect yourself from sunburn.
- If you are planning to visit the churches, please carry some conservative clothing.