If you are fascinated with the idea of travelling, here is a list of the different kinds of travellers. Keep reading to find out which category you fit in.
1. The Party AnimalThe most vibrant of these different types of travellers and those that enjoy letting loose and being where the party is, A party animal is one that describes party-goer who find the perfect party spot and loves to dance until the wee hours of the night. They are in search of those destinations that have vibrant party scenes. Loud music, drinks and clubs are what the party animals are looking for wherever they go.
2. The Luxury TravellerYou have a taste for everything fine. And just because you are going on a trip, doesn’t mean that you are giving up on your luxurious life. Boutique hotels, fine dining restaurants, mimosa bars and VIP access plays a major role in luxury travels. No matter where you go, you know everything about the finest experiences of that region. The hottest nightclubs, posh restaurants, high-end shopping malls are on the to-do lists while vacationing in a particular destination.
3. The Soul SearcherIf you are the kind of traveller, who visits new places to seek solace and inner peace, you are the soul searcher. These travellers visit places to contemplate the deepest philosophies of life. Most of them enjoy travelling solo and they spend time in secluded spots, wandering in the woods, taking long walks along the sea or gazing over cliffs.
4. The Super SaverIf your trip is more about saving than experiencing fancy things and you tend to be the most frugal of these different types of travellers, then might be the super saver. While others are planning to eat out in fine restaurants and engage in luxurious activities, super-savers are looking for lip-smacking street food and DIY activities. They do not mind saving a few pennies on the vacation and still indulge in the best experiences.
5. The City LoverIf you are charmed by the cacophony of a new city, welcome to the group of city lovers. These different types of travellers love the vibrant urban life, noise, traffic, shopping in malls and everything related to a city. The cosmopolitan aura delights them from within and they feel lost in the absence of nightlife. Mountains, dense forests, secluded beaches are definitely not their cup of tea.
6. The 'Tourist'If you are the kind of person who loves to engage in clichéd tourist activities, you are the typical traveller. These people will scratch all the well-known spots, be it an iconic landmark, museum, cultural site and so on. They keep on wandering with a tourist map in hand so that they do not miss any of the must-see attractions in a particular destination.
7. The Culture SeekerIf you are the kind of traveller who admires the people, natural setting, and cultural experiences, you are undoubtedly the culture seeker. They like interacting with locals and soaking in the charm of traditional festivals and off the beaten travel paths. Getting a glimpse of an ancient site, never really satisfy their soul. They like to be an active participant and sink in the unspoken charm of a place.
8. The Lovey-Dovey CoupleYou are the lovey-dovey traveller if spending time with your spouse in a faraway land is the only priority. These travellers want to experience new places with their partner. Their sole motive is to engage in public display of affection with their beloved. Travelling is only an excuse to walk hand in hand and sink in the magic of love.
9. The Social Media AddictIf the only thing you enjoy about travelling is to post your vacation photos on social media, you really belong to this group. The social media addict does everything to look best in their social media profiles. They take pictures from various angles only to look the best in their Facebook and Instagram. No wonder, their vacation photos look more like a fashion portfolio.
10. The Passionate PhotographerNo matter where you are going and who is your company, you are always ready to capture each and every moment of the trip. Be it landscape, scenery, people or food, the passionate photographers never shy away from clicking the best pictures. Their most important reason to go on a vacation is to capture impressive shots and make others jealous.
11. The Free Flow ExpertIf you are super energetic and up for anything anytime, you are welcome to the community of free flow travellers. These different types of travellers are defined by their indecisive nature and gives a tough time to their friends but travelling with them is is also sure to always be full of fun and thrill! They are cool, calm, and spontaneous and are always seeking pleasure during the vacation.
12. The Thrill SeekerThe thrill-seekers are those different types of travellers whose pictures on Instagram will leave you amazed. They do not hit the popular spots and neither do they take part in organized events. They are ready to wake up early and ride the motorbike to a remote destination and explore the unknown land. Their travel stories are amazing and each of their experience is unforgettable. Undoubtedly, they do have a reason to have an end number of followers on social media.
13. The Travel PlannerWhen it comes to planning a vacation, the travel planner is the one who willingly takes the charge. Their friends and family look up to them to plot the perfect itinerary for the trip. The travel planner knows everything about planning the ideal vacation and chooses such places and activities that will match everyone’s personality. Thus, their close ones always turn to them before making a plan.
14. The LostThese are the kinds of traveller who are uniquely questionable. Most of them are new freelancers and people who have left their day job and using their savings to explore the world. They are trying their best to find meaning in this world of soaring expectations. There are countless individuals who belong to this category and if you are one of them, don’t worry you will get through.
15. The Business TravellerNot every individual travel for fun and play, this is the kind who travels for work or business. Even if they travel frequently, they are either immersed in work or are too tired to explore a place. Seeking pleasure out of their travel is not the main aim of business travellers. If you are one of them, you will often find yourself sitting in a beautiful cafe with your client and trying to achieve work-related goals.
16. The Slow TravellerSlow Travel or Slow Tourism involves going with the flow. One explores and makes impromptu decisions – the complete opposite of packaged tour. They see where the hordes of tourists are headed to and follow them. They choose an off beaten track to unveil something new and exciting. And they travel unhurriedly and leisurely, take things slow and savour the experience.
So, tell us in the comments below, which of these different types of travellers best describes you?