India’s best travel bloggers
We had released this list last year, but since then many other new bloggers have come up and few had missed this list because they were travelling at that point of time. So we have taken all the request, checked many more blogs and have added a few more which deserved to be on this list!
A few days back, Holidify had called out to all the travel bloggers in India with a chance to get featured in The Ultimate List of the Top Travel Bloggers in India.
The response we received was amazing – over 300 bloggers signed up for our project ‘India’s Top Travel Bloggers’! However, only the best travel bloggers in India made the cut by providing us quality, reliable reads.
Apart from Holidify, which is known for having a wide database of every kind of travel destination in India, we bring you all the ‘must-see’ blogs. Now you know where to look when Google doesn’t show you the desired search results!
We have divided this list into 10 categories so that you may easily find what you are looking for. In terms of blogs, all the categories do overlap but they have been divided so on the basis of the general impression which the blogs give out.
Voila! The Ultimate List of the Best Travel Bloggers in India!
1. Most Informative Travel Blogs in India:
These travel bloggers in India have a keen eye for detail and have (almost exhaustively, in some cases) jotted down relevant information – what to do, where to go, where to stay and other travel tips which may come in handy when you visit any of the destinations which they talk about it their blog.
1. Anuradha Goyal - IndiTales
2. Anuradha Shankar – A Wandering Mind
3. Iris Isac – Kerela Tourism Blog
4. Umang Trivedi – Travelmax
5. Rangan Datta - Rangan Datta – Travel Writer and Photographer
6. Oindrila De – Oindrila Goes Footloose
7. Vishnu Kumar – Thinking Particle
8. Nilabh Ranjan – Travelescape
9. Vrinda Maheshwari – Ghoomle Yaar
10. Prachi Garg – Ghoomophiro.com
11. Gaurav Kumar Srivastava – Former Tourist
12. Ankita Shreeram – Trail-Stained Fingers
13. Adyasha Dash – The Wandering Mind
14. Megha Jamb – Travelling Is
15. Rohan – Travelerlust
16. Shilpa Mary George – Chasing Sunsets
17. Swati Saxena – Lost In Maps
18. Ruby Singh – Life and Its Experiments
19. Pooja – Travel Jots
20. Shilpa Balakrishnan – The Satori Saga
21. Surya – Travel Rope
22. Parampara Patil Hashmi and Parichay Mehta – Awara Diaries
23. Yayawar- Yayawar – Aawaara Kahin Ka Nahin!
24. Rajiv Verma- Webguy Travel Tales
25. Ankit Kumar Parsurampuria, Ambrish Rawat- 90% Humour
26. Amit Sengupta – Travel Flat
Top Travel Blogs about Offbeat Destinations:
If you want to explore underrated and hidden destinations and are looking for information on the same, we have a plethora of Offbeat Travel Blogs for you by the top travel bloggers in India! These have been hand picked by us especially for those looking for an unconventional holiday.
1. Parnashree Devi – My Travel Diary
2. Archana Singh – Travel See Write
3. Snigdha Jain – Get Set and Go
4. Nisha Jha – Le Monde – A Poetic Travel
5. Divya Prasad – Obsessive Compulsive Traveller
6. Antarik Anwesan – On Second Thoughts
7. M.A. Razzaq Siddiqui – Razzaq Was Here
8. Shubham Mansingka – A Boy Who Travels
9. Aakash Mehrotra – Hand of Colors
10. Shruti Shah – Pop of Joy
11. Manish Kumar - मुसाफ़िर हूँ यारों.. Musafir Hoon Yaaron
12. Leena Bansal – Walking Shoes
13. Gitanjali Banerjee – Travel by Karma
14. Hari Narayana – India That Was
15. Yayawar - Yayawar – Aawaara Kahin Ka Nahin!
16. Vaisakhi Mishra – Just Words
17. Srijal Sahu – Srijalism
18. Shailza Sood Dasgupta- Flight of a little bird
19. Ami Bhat- Thrilling Travel
20. Nirdesh Kumar Singh- Just Tripping
21. Deepika Gumaste- Feet on the Map
22. Sindhu, Shruthi, Srishar- The Interlude Journey
Top Blogs Led By Solo Woman Travellers:
We believe that one woman’s experience travelling solo might inspire others to travel to their next dream destination by themselves. Why travelling alone is an amazing experience is something you should discover for yourself, but we can and will help you out if you have any questions, concerns and doubts regarding the same. For this reason, we bring to you the best solo women travelers’ blogs which give you deep insight into where to travel, the do’s and don’t’s, their tales of adventure, health and safety tips and much more!
1. Shivya Nath – The Shooting Star
2. Lakshmi Sharath – Travel Blog of an Indian Backpacker
3. Elita – Have Feet Will Travel
4. Deepti Asthana – DA Travelography
5. Namita Kulkarni – Radically Ever After
6. Rutavi Mehta – Photo Katha
7. Priyanka Dalal – Maproute – Adventures of a Solo Traveller
8. Medhavi Davda – Ravenous Legs
9. Swati Jain – Buoyant Feet
10. Reshma Narasing- The Solo Globetrotter
11. Rathina Sankari- Rathina’s View Space
12. Bidisha Banik- Resfeber18
13. Divyakshi Gupta QuirkyWanderer
Top Travel Blogs Led By Couples:
There are some who travel solo and there are some who travel with friends. But these travel bloggers in India claim that there is nothing in the world that makes them more happy than travelling with their better halves!
1. Revati & Charles Victor – Different Doors
2. Param & Shikha – The Untourists
3. Johanne & Nicolas – Cheese Naan
4. Sonia & Ankur – Ticking the Bucketlist
5. Poorna & Brinda – Travel Twosome
6. Swati & Sam – The Tales of a Traveler
7. Ashray & Zara – Backpack ME
8. Puru & Ekta – Shadows Galore
9. Ram & Reshma – Road Less Travelled
10. Sandeepa & Chetan – SandeepaChetan’s Travel Blog
11.Purba and Siddhartha – Four Blissful Feet
12. Rishabh and Nirali- Gypsy Couple
13. Sandy and Vyjay – Voyager
Top Blogs about travelling in India by Non-Indians:
This list is especially for people planning a trip to India who are keen on reading up on other foreign travelers’ experiences about their trips. Read how some found Nirvana in the hills of Himachal while some couldn’t stop gawking at the cows of Jaipur!
1. Mariellen Ward – Breathe Dream Go
2. Rachel Jones – Hippie in Heels
3. Wayne Seto – Tao West Ventures
4. Jacomijn – Safe and Healthy Travel
5. Stephanie Langlet – Amatu Artea
6. Cara Tabron – Travel among Travels: India
7. Asher Fergusson - 201 India Travel Tips: The Ultimate Survival Guide
8. Anna Phipps- Global Gallavanting
201 India Travel Tips: The Ultimate Survival Guide
Top Blogs About Road Trips:
These travel bloggers in India tell you about their journey to amazing travel destinations across beautiful hills, valleys and highways - be it by cars, bikes or even cycles! They also give you valuable information about which routes to take, where even your GPS might fail.You may probably get an adrenaline kick just reading (and in Motoreels’ case – watching) about their adventures.
1. Dheeraj Sharma – Devil On Wheels
2. Motoreels – Motoreels
3. Thommen Jose – Wanderink – Way to Go
4. Jatin Adlakha – A Traveler’s Odyssey
5. Gaurav Jain – Election on Cycle
6. Himanshu Barsainya- Everything Candid
7. Angkan Chanda – Horizon Trotter
8. Prateek Mishra – Trips and Tales
Top Photo Bloggers:
Pictures speak a thousand words and these travel bloggers bring you uncountable experiences in the form of photologues. They capture activities, emotions and the beauty of nature, wildlife and people.
1. Arun Bhat – India Travel & Photography Blog
2. Prasad Np - Desi Traveler
3. Sanghita Nandi – A Traveller’s Diary
4. Siddhartha Joshi – Sid The Wanderer
5. Ajay Sood – Travelure
6. Sujoy R. Das – Trekking and Photography in the Himalaya
7. Upendra Swami – Vagabond Images
8. Abhi Surendran – I Am Not Home
9. Siddhartha Joshi- The Wanderer
10. Srinivasa – Photo Mithra
11. Vijay Nambiar – Feel Free or Fly
12. Nitin Bothra – Memoirs of a Traveloholic
13. Wanderlost Nomads – Wander Days
14. Aman Chotani – Aman Chotani Photography
15. Dhiren Shah – Hitchy’s World
16. Pratap J – Pixel Shooter
17. Swati Saxena- Lost in Maps
18. VJ Sharma- Photo Journey with Travellingcamera.com
19. Anindya Sundar Basu- Pikturenama
Top Travel & Lifestyle Bloggers:
These are the top travel bloggers in India who blog about anything under the sun related to travel – food, customs, traditions, fashion, souvenirs and more.
1. Roxanne Bamboat – The Tiny Taster
2. Manjulika Pramod – Pendown
3. Madhu Shetty – Urge to Wander
4. Arvind Passey – The Real Fiction
5. Sangeeta Das – Life is a Vacation
6. Upasna Verma – Life on my Plate
7. Divya Rai – A Borrowed Backpack
8. Shraddha Gupta – Street Trotter
9. Sushmita Sarkar – My Unfinished Life
10. Pooja – Wondorluhst
11. Bharti – Suitcase of Stories
12. Ayandrali Dutta – Scattered Expressions
13. Tarun Gaur – My Greedy Backpack
14. Tanushree – Travelholic You
15. Akanksha Dureja – Direct Dil Se
16. Gulshan Bafna – Exciting Traveler
17. Shraddha Chauhan - Kainat’s Kaleidoscope
18. Elsie Gabriel – My Travel Footprints
19. Salonee Sanghvi – Foodalong
20. Antara Ray – Antypasti
21. Indrani Ghose -i Share
22. Ragini Puri – From My Window Seat
23. Suprio Bose- Suprio Bose Travel Diaries
24. Mridula Dwivedi- Travel Tales from India & Abroad
25. Salonee Sanghvi- Foodalong
26. Swayam Tiwari- India Travel Blog
27. Pooja Bhatt- Chill Karo Yaar
28. Aditi Mathur Kumar-Aditi’s Monologue
29. Nisha Jha – Le Monde – A Poetic Travel
30. Sachin Bhandary and Mohit Pradhan – Eccentrics
Top Adventurous Backpackers who Blog:
We admire people who stuff all their belongings into a sack and are hop on from one adventure to the next. These travel bloggers in India write about their treks to hills, beaches, roads and valleys, and have valuable insights (routes taken, where to camp, how to pack your bag etc.) to offer to those who plan on backpacking across the country.
1. Avanish Maurya – Solo Backpacker
2. Shally Makin – Rootsvida
3. Sanket Thodge - Being Buoyancist
4. Jitaditya Narzary – Traveling Slacker
5. Nikhil Jain – Sunrise | Sunset
6. Abhinav Singh – Soul Window
7. Satyajith Jammu – An Indian’s Travelogue
8. Shubhajit Chakraborty- Wacky Wanderlust
Top Blogs related to Spiritual Travel:
For those of you interested in learning about various temples across India or religious festivals that take place in the country, do give these blogs a look. However, they don’t talk about just spiritual travel. You may find information on offbeat destinations as well!
1. Arti – My Yatra Diary
2. Padmapriya T S – Aalayam Kanden
3. Bhushavali – My Travelogue
4. Aarti – The Wandering Soul
And that’s all folks!
A Note to Our Readers:
This list has been compiled solely for you. If you are planning your itinerary, it is better to do so according to first hand experience of seasoned travellers like the ones mentioned in the list above.
You may contact them by leaving comments on their blogs or connecting to them via Twitter, Facebook or E-mail. Most of them, being professional travel bloggers, are on the road for the better part of the year, and may not be able to revert back to you immediately. However, don’t shy away from asking for their help or requesting them to take a look over your itinerary. We are sure they would appreciate a word from you.
Also, in case you believe your blog deserves a mention on this list of Best Travel Bloggers in India, mail us about the same at [email protected] or leave your details in the comments below.
Finally, share this post and spread the word to your friends who love reading travel blogs and are on the constant hunt for information related to new destinations.
P.S.- The list is in no particular order and does reflect ranking of bloggers. If you have been featured in this list and if you are looking for a travel badge, please mail at [email protected]. This list was last updated on 5th July 2016 and will be updated only after a few months now. If you think your blog deserves to be in this list, then please mail on [email protected]. We will consider all of them when we update the post next time