List of 12 Best Places to view a Sunset in Las Vegas
1. Paris Observation Deck and Eiffel RestaurantLas Vegas is the epitome of luxury and opulence in the modern-day world. Getting a glimpse of the setting sun from the Paris Observation Deck can be a truly exhilarating moment. The hues of dusk paint the sky behind the huge casinos, giving you a view like none other. If you are looking to spend this time with champagne and a wonderful meal, then make sure to catch a window-side table at the Eiffel Restaurant.
2. Red Rock CanyonDespite the popularity of the Las Vegas strip, the surrounding areas of Nevada are well known for the serene desert experiences. The red rocks and desert sand of the Red Rock Canyon are bathed in the glorious bright hues of the setting sun, making it a truly stunning view for those looking to enjoy nature at its finest. This makes it the perfect getaway for couples and adventure seekers looking for a quiet and peaceful sunset in Las Vegas.
3. Lake MeadThe setting sun casts a different aura when there is a water body in the picture. Lake Mead, located around 30 miles from the Las Vegas strip, gives you one of the most picturesque settings when it comes to viewing a sunset in Las Vegas. The still water reflects the magnificent sky at dusk, giving visitors a truly stunning experience and the perfect chance to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
4. Parking Garage of the MirageThe parking garage at the Mirage is a local secret when it comes to catching the best views of the sunset in Las Vegas. Driving up to the 8th floor gives you a great view of the city as the sun sets. One gets to see the nightlife of the Vegas strip come alive, as the sun quietly ducks under the horizon, covering the sky in shades of orange and red. The best part? The parking is free for the first hour, so you can have the best view for free if you plan it out well!
5. High Roller Ferris WheelThe High Roller Ferris Wheel in Las Vegas is an iconic landmark that is also the world’s tallest ferris wheel. Hop into one of the 28 passenger cabins to get a stunning view of the strip with the sun setting in the backdrop as you soar into the sky. The 30 minute ride is an absolute thriller and will definitely leave you with an experience that is unique to the city.
6. VooDoo Lounge at the RioVegas is known for its vibrant nightlife and parties that have made this city a global tourist hotspot. The VooDoo lounge is the epitome of this, giving guests the perfect view of the Vegas strip. The party starts as the sun sets, allowing guests to witness the stunning sky at this rooftop bar. Cocktails and music are aplenty as people take the opportunity to socialize, dance away or simply admire the stunning sunset and night views of Vegas.
7. The Neon MuseumWhat screams more Vegas than glitzy, old fashioned neon sign boards? If you love the history of partying and glamor, then head to the Neon Museum, home to numerous neon signs that have defined the city over the years. Catching a sunset while visiting the museum can be a truly magnificent experience as the dazzling lights combine with the hues of the Vegas dusk to create some stunning color combinations, making a feast for the eyes!
8. Lone Mountain Regional ParkThe Lone Mountain Regional Park is known for being the first equestrian park in Las Vegas. Adventure junkies and nature lovers can head to one of the many trails in the park. Making it to the top of the Lone Mountain will give you the chance to catch some stunning views of the sun setting across the desert wilderness, a view unique to the Nevada region.
9. The Village at Lake Las VegasLooking for a romantic getaway or some quiet time with the family? Then head to the Village at Lake Las Vegas for one of the most serene spots to catch a sunset in Las Vegas. The quiet waterfront acts as a mirror to the beautiful sky at dusk, while people enjoy fine dining and great company. Live entertainment further adds to the mood, making it a truly memorable sunset.
10. STRAT 107 SkyLoungeThe STRAT Hotel is one of the poshest hotels and the tallest buildings in the Las Vegas strip. The building is home to the 107 SkyLounge, aptly named for being located on the 107th floor of the hotel. If you want to catch a stunning 360° view of the sunset in the Las Vegas strip, then the bar gives you exactly that, while pampering you with cocktails and gourmet bites, making you truly feel on top of the world!
11. Inspirada OverlookIf you are someone who wants to view the sunset like how the residents of Las Vegas do, then head to the Inspirada Overlook. You can catch an early sunset as the mountains surrounding the city hide the sun earlier than usual. This gives you some stunning silhouettes of the hills around Las Vegas while illuminating the sky and the surrounding desert in a brilliant mix of orange and red, that will captivate you like nothing else.
12. Hot Air Balloon Sunset RideIf you are willing to do anything to get the best, uninterrupted view of the setting sun, then a hot air balloon trip is the perfect option for you. Not only do you get the perfect view at dusk, but you can also see the Red Rock Canyon and the mountains around Vegas. One can also watch the Las Vegas Strip come to life with its dazzling lights being visible from 10,000 ft in the sky!
If you are visiting Las Vegas, make sure to be in one of these 12 best spots to view the sunset in the city. If there are any locations that deserve a mention in this list, do leave a comment below!