The comfortable temperature of Las Vegas in January thus attracts a huge crowd seeking cool hiking experiences which becomes lost amidst the year-round sunny seasons in Vegas. Find a heated pool and dive in to relieve yourself of all the stress as you visit Las Vegas in January. There are so many things, some offbeat and some mainstream for you to make your Vegas memories in January.
Here Are 8 Fun Activities for You on Your Trip to Las Vegas in January:
1. Ice Skating at the Cosmopolitan
The Ice rink housed by the Cosmopolitan promises the visitors a winter wonderland amidst the desert oasis of January in Las Vegas. The rink also occasionally lets you enjoy the live snows as they replicate the aura of an epic snowfall as you relish the glittering background and themed cocktails. So, take your roller skates or rent them as you skate across the real ice spread over the 4,200 square feet area.
Location: 3708 Las Vegas Blvd S Level 4, The Boulevard Tower, Las Vegas, NV 89109, United States
Timings: Noon to 11:00 PM
Price for two: $ 50
2. New Year CelebrationsLas Vegas in January plays host to a pallet of such afterparties echoing the New Year’s Eve celebrations through its tackiest loudspeakers and night parties at the iconic Las Vegas strip. You can hardly spot yourself among hundreds of people dancing together as the entire strip turns into a no-traffic zone. The hotels, restaurants and clubs on the strip extend their areas by taking into the street their dance floors and bars. So, visit the strip on your January trip to Las Vegas to celebrate the new year in Vegas style.
Location: Las Vegas Strip, South Las Vegas Boulevard
3. Hoover Dam Tour
- As any trip to Las Vegas is popularly associated with its amazing nightlife and plethora of adult entertainment, any trip to historical and cultural gems like Hoover Dam often becomes secondary.
- This historically significant construction is otherwise a very popular destination as it attracts more than ten thousand people every year.
- The dam is considered an engineering marvel and is counted as the greatest dam ever built. You can opt for a guided tour if you want to learn about its historical and cultural evolution.
- But if going for a self-guided tour for the view, do consider taking a walk across the Colorado River on the Mike O'Callaghan - Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge.
- The Dam also has a visitor’s centre, theatre presenting video information and a local art exhibition for you to explore.
- So, go on exploring the historical waves of information preserved and exhibited near the Hoover Dam as you explore Las Vegas in January.
Location: Nevada 89005, United StatesPrice: $ 15Timing: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
4. Trip to the Grand Canyon
- Spend an entire day as you take a full-day guided bus tour from any of the travel companies. There are plenty of bus companies for you to choose from.
- For the best experience, take an open bus so that you can witness a ton of beautiful sights like Lake Mead, Joshua Tree Forest, Bypass Bridge, Black Canyon and the gorgeous bighorn sheep habitat on your way to the epic Grand Canyon.
- As you search for things to do in January in Las Vegas, its neutral and favourable temperature works like a moth to the shiny and glittering natural attractions taking you away from the Las Vegas strip and into the lap of natural explorations.
5. Lee Canyon’s Winter
- Just a drive away from the entertaining sin city of Las Vegas is snowy heaven covered with natural snows in the month of January called the Lee Canyon.
- Take this drive from Downtown Las Vegas to reach this winter desert located in the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest and Spring Mountains National Recreation Area.
- You can engage in a multitude of snow activities so gear up and pack accordingly.
- Quite a unique and interesting destination in the desert oasis Las Vegas, the Lee Canyon is a sought after and relieving winter retreat which is popularly and rightfully known as the coolest place in Las Vegas.
- The list of outdoor and indoor winter activities in Lee Canyon is fairly vivacious and includes skiing, snow play, snow camping, snowshoeing, tubing and snowboarding among many other winter fun.
- So, take your gears as you taste the aura of winters during January in Las Vegas.
Location: 6725 Lee Canyon Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89124, United StatesTiming: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
6. Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens
Stunning round the year, this space especially gets decked up with quirky and gorgeous holiday-themed embellishments during the winter month of December and January. The famous “Majestic Holiday Magic” decoration and exhibition forces the visitors to take a nostalgic turn as they view the legendary icons and décor. Visit the place to witness the spectacular Bellagio atrium sheltering some gorgeous seasonal flowers, decorations and plants. Its architecture works as a cherry on top providing the perfect aesthetic for your pictures. So, for the next time that you are spending a quiet January in Las Vegas consider visiting this Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
Location: Bellagio Hotel & Casino, 3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, United StatesTiming: Open 24 hoursPrice: Free
7. CES, the Consumer Electronics Show
The sin city of Las Vegas in January fades away its reputation as the entertainment centre of the world by a smidge as it becomes comparatively quieter than other months. The Las Vegas ground becomes home to several conferences and Expos during the month of January. Consumer Electronics Shows (CES) is one such trade conference or show which exhibits newer developments and inventions from the field of electronic technology.
An annual event in Las Vegas, the trade show attracts a large crowd of people who are interested to find out about new products. The Las Vegas Convention Centre serves as the venue for the event making the event a good opportunity to explore both the gorgeous architecture and enriching exhibition.
Location: 3150 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, United States
8. AVN Adult Entertainment Expo
- Quite reflective of the character of Las Vegas as the mecca for adult entertainment, the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo is an annual event sponsored by AVN magazines. This four-day event hosted by the iconic Virgin Hotel and Casino of Las Vegas features two days of adult entertainment stars making appearances for the visitors.
- You can ask for autographs and pictures as you come across your favourite stars. A mirror to the shimmering culture of Las, Vegas, the expo promises a unique and liberating experience to its patrons. The four days of the expo allows you to culturally, socially and historically explore the field of adult entertainment in all its intricacies.
- Quite an interesting feature on the list of things to explore Las Vegas in January, the expo surely is a must-visit for those interested in the art and its structure.
Location: 4455 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169, United StatesThe comparatively quieter month of January in Las Vegas gets defined by its natural beauties and architectural tours as the comfortable weather gives the traveller a space to enjoy the outdoors. So, explore beyond the strip and its glittering nightlife the next time that you visit Vegas in January. Travel and encounter the things mentioned in the list to enjoy a wholesome Las Vegas in January.