Sin City earlier had the reputation of being a travel destination that offers free of cost fun to all its voyagers. However, the scenario is not quite the same now, and it is becoming ever-more difficult to have a great time in Las Vegas on a budget. The city has something for everyone, from being the hub of poker games to celebrity chef restaurants, exotic resorts to unhindered nightlife. For budget travel to Las Vegas, all you need to do is plan prior, act prior, book prior and have the ultimate fun later!
Here Are Our Top Tips to Enjoy Las Vegas on a Budget!
1. Best Time to visit Las Vegas on a BudgetVisiting Las Vegas surely needs no calendar; however, you must prefer the spring and the fall to visit this paradise to get the best deals. Not only about getting lucrative offers, but the pleasant weather from March to May and September to November will also make your trip memorable. Winter is not preferable due to its chilly weather.
2. Cheap Activities to do in Las Vegas on a Budget
- Stop by the Bellagio fountain show
You should not dare to miss the extravagant free-of-cost fountain show of Bellagio. Famously known as the Bellagio fountain show, you can sit back and watch the complex water features swirling through the glitter lights, along with the star-lit backdrop of Las Vegas. The fountain show takes place every 30 minutes from 03:00 PM to 07:00 PM and every 15 minutes from 07:00 PM onwards to midnight.
Price - Free
- Witnessing the Mirage Fire Show
Price - Free
- Wandering the Las Vegas Strip
The 4.2 miles long Las Vegas Strip is filled with posh casinos, glamorous restaurants, exotic spas, and the world’s most renowned street. From Rusell to Sahara, this area is filled with charming shops, replicas of famous places, the world’s tallest observation wheel, casinos, bars, and whatnot. You can probably spend an entire week in the Strip to fully grasp its ethos.
- Visiting the Neo Museum
- Reliving the beauty of old Italy in Las Vegas
The ethos of old Italy in St. Mark’s Square, located in the Venetian hotel of Grand Canal Shoppes will brighten up your mood. The vintage and painted ceiling will remind you of Venice, while the Carnival of Venice, sung by the opera singers, will further add to the charm. There are living statues at all corners to startle you, and the moving gondolas will be at your service, free of cost. You can relax with a drink at Cocolina’s gelato Bar or savor amazing Italian food at Mercato Della Pescheria.
- Voyaging into the Red Rock Canyon
Located just 30 minutes outside the city, Red Canyon must add to the travel itinerary. You can cycle through this red rock formation in the Sedona area. The clear blue sky of Las Vegas will follow you, and the serenity will surely accompany you through this nature ride in the Red Rock canyon.
- Stopping by the Flamingos
Price - Free
- Exploring the Pinball Hall of Fame
If you are a lover of Pinballs games and you are in Las Vegas, you need to hurry and visit the Pinball Hall of Fame, just 15 minutes away from the Strip. This is the best opportunity for all those who don’t want to gamble but have fun playing games starting at less than 50 cents per piece. There are even classic games based on Terminator, Jurassic Park, Super Mario Brothers, and many others. Some of the machines even belong to the era of the 1950s to 1960s.
- Walk through Antique Alley Downtown
- Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay
Shark Reef aquarium at Mandalay Bay is one of the largest aquariums in North America. It is home to more than 2,000 species of aquatic animals. Not only can you see giant sharks, but you can also witness endangered green turtles, piranha, Komodo dragon, and many more. Open on all days from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM. If you are ready to spare more money, you can also have an undersea VR experience.
Price - $20 per person
3. Cheap Places to Eat in Las Vegas on a BudgetLas Vegas has many exotic restaurants scattered along its length and breadth, but worry not! There are many cheap places to fit into your budget stay in Las Vegas.
- Shake Shack
Address - 3790 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- California Pizza Kitchen
Address - 3400 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Tacos El Gordo
If you are searching for mouth-watering tacos in the heart of Las Vegas, Tacos El Gordo is the one-stop destination. Stuffed with juicy beef and pork, the grand fiesta with flavors is going to lure you for life.
Address - 3041 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Seasons Buffet at Silverton Casino
- Subway Sandwich
Address - 3411 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Monta Ramen
Address - 5030 Spring Mountain, Road 6, Las Vegas, NV 89146
4. Affordable Transport for Getting Around Las Vegas on a BudgetKeep your eyes open, and your budget trip to Las Vegas will be even easier after choosing the affordable transport options
- Uber and Lyft over Taxis
- Ride the monorail
Nothing is cheaper than availing public transport. If you are not in a hurry and want to dive into the city's culture, travel in the monorail, which will cost around $13 for an entire day with unlimited rides. It costs only $5 per person for a single ticket, arriving at each station in less than an interval of 10 minutes.
- Free Tram Rides
- Hop on the double-decker bus
Another cheaper mode of transport in Las Vegas is the double-decker bus. These public transport services cost only $6 for each person with the access of two hours. For unlimited access for the whole day, add up only $2 with the remaining money, and you can wander around the city in the safest way possible.
5. General Tips for Visiting Las Vegas on a BudgetIf you are on a tight budget and visiting this entertainment capital, there are a few tips that can save you from a heavy burnout -
- Las Vegas is flooded with tourists round the year for all seasons and especially during the weekends. Try not to plan your trip on the weekends to avoid paying a heavy hotel charge, sometimes almost hundreds of dollars more than on regular days.
- The same goes for planning during holidays. Although holidays might be the only time for you to travel across the still, you should know that holidays are directly proportional to the increase in hotel charges at any place. If you are on a budget trip, cut off holidays from your plan.
- A very effective way to save money in Las Vegas is by not indulging in gambling. The casinos will lure you but resist the moment, and you can stay rich.
- Keep an eye open for searching coupons in Las Vegas corners. The hotel you checked in can provide you free coupons. Also, go through the roadside magazine stacks and below the Grab and enjoy!
- Stay away from high-priced cab services. Being a tourist in this city, you should know that cabbies can make a fool out of you by taking you through the longer routes. Stay aware of spending less money.
- If you are on a strict budget, check your drinking routine while you stay in Las Vegas. Your hotel bills might get unnecessarily elongated due to drinking in Las Vegas.
- Indeed you must be travelling to this gorgeous city not to spend your precious days in hotel rooms. So definitely cut off the add ons from your list like room massage, room service to keep the trip within budget.