So, here we have a list of places that you should totally AVOID when planning a trip with your family:
2. Ozran Beach, Goa
3. Malana, Himachal Pradesh
4. Gokarna, KarnatakaTo most Indians, Gokarna is known for its temple. It may sound like a good place to take your family along with you but do not even think about visiting the Paradise Beach in Gokarna with your family. It is a nudist beach flocked by foreigners as it is a hidden beach where you need to reach via a trek. Along with that it is full of young hippie people who love the beach destination. Try to go with your friends to Gokarna as it will be better.
5. PondicherryPuducherry or Pondicherry is a union territory of India present in the Southern half of the country. It was formerly a French colony and you can still find the influences ingrained at the place. It gets a lot foreign as well as Indian tourists throughout the year. The vibe of Pondicherry is young and fresh. As the crowd is younger, the elders in the family may feel out of place in Pondicherry. Even in Auroville, you will find youngsters from all around the world which may get a little boring for the family. There is also no family based tourist spots in Pondicherry. So, it is best to visit Pondicherry on a solo trip rather than taking a family trip.
6. Dharamkot, Himachal PradeshRecently, this suburb of Mcleodganj has been getting a lot of limelight as a tourist destination. Mcleodganj is an enticing hill station and your tour is bound to be peaceful when you are in the lap of nature. Dharamkot is a few kilometres away from McLeodganj and is known for its trekking trails which aren't ideal for the whole family. Being quiet, the place doesn’t really suit as a destination for family vacations. The place is best enjoyed when you take a solo trip. With family, you wouldn’t be able to take in the essence of the serene exploration present over there.
7. Kodaikanal, Tamil NaduKodaikanal is a hill station situated in Tamil Nadu, which is a southern state of India. Kodaikanal is a popular site for honeymooners. Apart from that a not-so-hidden fact about Kodaikanal is its store of magical mushrooms. The place has a mix of the vibes of Kasol and Gokarna, so you can understand that it isn’t a place where one should take your family, especially the parents. Families would also feel awkward because the place attracts a lot of young and hippie people.
8. Varkala, KeralaThe Varkala Beach is home to a large number of expats and hippies and is a known haven for getting ‘trippy’. No one will disturb you here because no one cares; and for those hunger pangs later, you can head to the shacks or cafes. People may not know it but Idukki Gold which is said to be an amazing strain of marijuana comes from this quaint town of Kerala. The extreme hippie vibes at Varkala will make it quite obvious for your family, so do not think about taking them if you are planning to visit the place. The atmosphere is such that the family wouldn’t be able to mix with it and you will end up feeling awkward amongst the crowd of young tourists.
So, here are some of the places in India that you should avoid visiting with your family. All of them are quite beautiful and have some kind of speciality to them but they may get awkward if you visit the place with family. Try to visit alone or with friends. Read a little more about them and hop on an adventure to explore them. We hope that you have a great trip if you decide to visit one of these places.