Type of Online Visa For NepalIf you are travelling to Nepal, you can get either a tourist visa or a gratis visa:
1. Gratis visa means you will not have to pay a fee. If you are a person belonging to India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, China, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and visiting Nepal for the first time in a year, then you can get a gratis visa for 30 days. Children below the age of ten of any nationality get a gratis visa as well.
2.Tourist Visa is the regular visa which has a nominal fee. Those details will be further discussed in this article.
Nepal Online Visa Application1. Visit the official Nepal immigration website
2. In this step, fill out your credentials such as your name, date of birth, permanent address and address in Nepal along with other required details for a tourist visa.
3. Fill in the place where you would like to complete your application process.
4. Upload a picture to the system, and after confirming the details, press submit.
5. You will receive a receipt, and a barcode on it print this out and make sure to take this along with your passport to the place selected in Step 3.
Validity: The online application is valid for only fifteen days, so make sure that you apply within fifteen days of your travel and not before.
- Any person of foreign nationality.
- People belonging to Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan cannot get a visa on arrival. They need to have an approved visa from Nepali Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their country.
Nepal Online Visa CostThe price of the visa varies depending on the number of days. If you are planning to visit the neighbouring countries as well, it is better to get a multiple entry visa; it costs USD 20 extra.
For 15 days: USD 25While TIA accepts most of the major currencies, other entry points ask for US dollars only. Moreover, while other methods of payment are available, it is best to pay in cash. The airport has bank counters, where you can exchange your currency if needed.
For 30 days: USD 40
For 90 days: USD 100
Nepal Visa for IndiansIf you are an Indian, then you will not need a visa for Nepal. To enter Nepal, an Indian citizen need to carry:
1. Valid Indian Passport, or
2. Indian election commission card, or
3. Emergency certificate issued by the Embassy of India in Nepal.
Documents Required When Applying for Online Visa
2. Copies of Passport
3. Latest Visa Page
4. Passport size photographs
Extention of Online Visa for NepalYou can extend your visa easily using the online application method. The application process remains the same except that instead of selecting a new permit, you will have to choose the extension of visa option in your application form. The maximum period of your stay in Nepal cannot exceed 150 days in a year if you have a tourist visa. Therefore you cannot extend your visa for longer than this. Extending the Visa costs USD 30 for 15 Days and USD 2 per day after that.
Entry PointsThe entry points for online form is the same as an offline application. You can enter Nepal using online application from the TIA ( Tribhuvan International Airport),
KakrbhittaWe hope that armed with this information you will not have much trouble in getting an online visa for Nepal. The critical thing to remember is that you are going to Nepal to travel, explore, and have fun don't let the hassle of all these technicalities dampen your spirit.