Winter months in Nepal: November to February
Weather of Nepal in WinterHighest Temperature: 18 Degrees C
Lowest Temperature: 2 Degrees C
Best Places and Things to Do in Nepal in WinterThere are no limitations to the number of beautiful places present in Nepal. With such a variety, Nepal is one of the best places to visit during this season. Here are some places you should visit during winter.
The lake Pokhara offers tranquillity, beauty, and the best experience of hiking. This place is one of the most beautiful places in the country. The glorious mountain ranges with the beautiful lake are the main attraction of this place.
2. KalinchowkWith the best views of the mountain valleys and ranges, the Kalinchowk is the best place to experience the snowfall. With multiple restaurants present here, this place is usually crowded during winter. Make sure you visit Kalinchowk if you are visiting Nepal in winter.
3. Kathmandu Valley TrekThe Kathmandu Valley Trek is one of the most popular treks in the country. The mild temperatures and the best view of the Himalayas attract many tourists. If you are planning to visit the city of Kathmandu city and then Nagarkot, then make sure you don’t miss this amazing valley and the trekking experience it provides.
4. Everest Panorama TrekIf something that brings Nepal into the news, it is the Everest. However, it is very difficult to catch up with the adverse conditions during winter. However, if you are a nature lover and Everest is your dream destination, you can opt for the Everest Panorama Trek. Along this trek, you can have a look at the monasteries and villages which host a plethora of historic stories.
Festivals and Events in Nepal in Winter
2. Chhath (November 2)Chhath is one of the most important festivals in the Terai region. The devotees fast and offer foods and prayers to the sun by gathering at the river banks. The best place to witness the Chhath is at the Terai regions and at the Rani Pokhari tank at Kathmandu.
3. Maha Shivaratri (February 21)One of the most important festivals in the Hindu community, the Maha Shivaratri stands for the “night of Lord Shiva”. Devotees offer prayers to Shiva and fast on this day. Later on, they visit the temples to offer their prayers. Kathmandu is the best place to witness the functioning of this festival. If you are present at Kathmandu during the months of Maha Shivaratri, make sure to visit the Pashupatinath Temple to witness Sadhus offering prayers. Sadhus consuming Bhang, a drink made by mixing milk, spices, herbs, and marijuana are common during this festival.
Reasons to Visit Nepal in WinterNepal is one of the best places to visit during the winter season. The mountains along with many trekking facilities provide the best experience to a traveller. The antique villages, monasteries, and mountains have a story to tell. Make sure you visit this beautiful country during winter.
If you are planning to visit Nepal in winter, then make sure to have a view of the majestic Himalayas and have an awesome trekking experience. Along with witnessing the beauty of Nepal, make sure you involve yourself in the festivals that make Nepal unique from others.