Important measures from the SOP are as follows:
- Entrance to have mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions.
- Hotels must adopt contactless processes like QR code, online forms, digital payments like e-wallet etc. for both check-in and check-out.
- Luggage should be disinfected before sending the luggage to rooms.
- Valet parking, if available shall be operational with operating staff wearing face covers/ masks and gloves as appropriate. A proper disinfection of steering, door handles, keys, etc. of the vehicles should be taken up.
- Hand sanitizers must be kept at the reception for guests to use. Guests to sanitize hands before and after filling relevant forms including A&D register.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40 - 60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use of alcohol - based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be made wherever feasible.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- Staff should additionally wear gloves and take other required precautionary measures.
- Seating arrangement in the restaurant also to be made in such a way that adequate social distancing is maintained.
- Gaming Arcades/Children play areas (wherever applicable) shall remain closed.
- Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly maintaining social distancing norms. Use of escalators with one person on alternate steps may be encouraged.
- Effective and frequent sanitation within the premises shall be maintained with particular focus on lavatories, drinking and hand washing stations/areas.
- Cleaning and regular disinfection (using 1% sodium hypochlorite) of frequently touched surfaces (door knobs, elevator buttons, handrails, benches, washroom fixtures, etc.) to be made mandatory in all guest service areas and common areas.
- Deep cleaning of all washrooms shall be ensured at regular intervals.
- Rooms and other service areas shall be sanitized each time a guest leaves.