All the US citizens who are looking forward to returning to their country have been asked to provide their information to avail the tickets. A special FORM needs to be filled in order to collect more detailed information from the travelers. Even if any of the citizens had already given details via phone, they will need to re-fill the form.
The Embassy also stated," Note that families may include up to six persons per the form. You will need to have the passport information available when you complete the form. We note that it is likely that flights will have stricter than usual limits on the weight of luggage as well as be unable to accommodate pets." in their Official Website.
The Embassy urged US citizens to enrol themselves in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) (https://step.state.gov/) to receive critical information from the embassy concerning flight opportunities.
Important Actions to Take
- Have your travel documents ready.A valid U.S. passport and Indian visa will be required for travel.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at step.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding U.S. and foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in India.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest travel restrictions affecting travel to the United States.
- Review the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website for information on COVID-19 and Indian travel advisories.
U.S. Embassy New Delhi
Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri 110021
U.S. Consulate General Mumbai (Bombay)
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
U.S. Consulate General Chennai (Madras)
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
U.S. Consulate General Kolkata (Calcutta)
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071
U.S. Consulate General Hyderabad
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500003
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444