From apparels and accessories to paintings and spices, here are some of the cheapest places to shop in Delhi:
1. Janpath Market
Janpath Market also known as the Tibetan Market, is located in the city hub, Connaught Place. The market has a string of shops line across the road. It is famous for its apparel range and footwear. Imitation jewellery is exclusive here and highly sought after. If you ace at bargaining, then this is just the right place for you to shop.
- Address - Janpath Rd, Janpath, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
- Timings - 10 AM to 9 PM from Monday to Saturday and 11 AM to 8 PM on Sundays.
- What to buy - Artificial jewellery, Western wear, footwear, antiques, handicrafts, paintings and leather items.
- Price range - Commodities start from INR 150 and range up to INR 1500 here.
2. Chandni Chowk
Chandni Chowk, one of the oldest shopping areas of Delhi, is popular till date. Shopping here is synonymous with going back in time and experiencing Delhi's rich history as you walk through the narrow streets lined with shops of colour. Even though a part of the nation's evergrowing capital, this market has managed to retain its romantic old-world charm. From books to wedding lehengas, there is a section each allotted for various shopping materials and is one of most well known cheapest places to shop in Delhi. The shopping hubs of Chandni Chowk are Nai Sadak, Dariba Kalan, Chawri Bazar, Bhagirathi Palace, Katra Neel, Moti Bazaar and more. And while you're here don't forget to gorge on some delicious street food.
- Address - 2573, Nai Sarak, Raghu Ganj, Roshanpura, Old Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110006
- Timings - Open all the days of the week except Sunday from 10 AM
- What to buy - Embroidered bags, semi-precious jewelry, silk and cotton clothes, books, Wedding lehengas and electronic products.
- Price Range - INR 500 to INR 1500 for small commodities. Lehenga prices start from INR 3000
3. Dilli Haat
If you are looking for handicrafts, then Dilli Haat is the destination for you. The Haat is a village market where shops stand with thatched roofs and a rustic appeal. It has exquisitely designed artefacts lined on floors across each stall. With the variety, you will be spoilt for choice. It is also known as a food lover's paradise as it has great food stalls serving food from across the nation. You will find some beautiful pottery items which are worth investing in.
- Address - Dilli Haat, Kidwai Nagar West, Kidwai Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110023
- Timings - Open all days of the week from 11 AM to 10 PM
- What to buy - artifacts, handicrafts, pottery, paintings, fabrics and furniture.
- Price Range - the prices start from INR 1000 to INR 2000 for antiques
4. GK - M Block Market & N Block MarketThe elite market of Delhi, GK's M block is nothing less than a vibrant fashion street with a very cool vibe. The markets are sister markets in the same locality of Greater Kailash. The markets are known for their western apparel range and lifestyle stores. If you're looking for party wear or office wear, you get it all here. You can experience some of Delhi's best street shopping here. There are a variety of artificial jewellery shops too.
- Address - Greater Kailash I, New Delhi Delhi 110001
- Timings - 10:00AM to 9:00PM, Open all the days of the week except Tuesday
- What to buy - Casual, western and party wear outfits, cosmetics, jewelry, lifestyle items and footwear.
- Price Range - Starting from INR 1000
5. Sarojini Market
Sarojini is a market for rejected goods, but you certainly cannot figure out why. The items here are available at dirt-cheap prices, and you can bargain extensively too. The market is known for its first copy designer wear and accessories. You get home appliances here as well as electronic goods.
- Address - Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110023
- Timings - 10:00AM to 9:00PM Open on all days of the week except Monday
- What to buy - Apparel, accessories, household items, kitchenware, electronic products
- Price Range - Starting from INR 200-1500
6. Paharganj Market
Paharganj is Delhi's famous wholesale market. It is usually overcrowded, and the hullabaloo has its charm of its own here. You get clothes at wholesale rates and other commodities at prices way cheaper than the other markets. Foreign items are also available in plenty here and much sought after. Also, the textile collection seems to attract a lot of the crowd. The market is just the right place for your bulk shopping desires. It is just a 5-minute drive from Connaught Place, so it's very convenient to get here.
- Address - Paharganj, New Delhi, Delhi, 110055, India
- Timings - Open from 11:00AM to 9:00PM, on all the days of the week except on Mondays
- What to buy - Clothes, hookah pipes, books, textiles, and handicrafts.
- Price Range - Rates starting from INR 350
7. Lajpat Nagar (Central Market)
A shopping haven in Delhi, Lajpat Nagar is a delight for the shopaholics. If you love shopping for traditional clothing, it is just the right place. It offers good discounts and quality products. You name it, you have it. Lajpat Nagar fulfils all your needs. One major attraction in the market are the Mehandi stalls that draw women from all age groups amidst their shopping sprees. From garments to leatherwear, you get it all here.
- Address - Lajpat Nagar II, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110024, India
- Timings - Open from 10:00AM to 9:00PM everyday except on Monday.
- What to buy - Apparels, accessories, footwear, bags, home furnishing and décor items.
- Price range - Starting from INR 500
8. Karol Bagh
If you are looking for affordable traditional wear and ethnic apparels, head to Karol Bagh. The market has vibrant and attractive clothing selections. Other than this, the market also caters to book needs and gadget freaks with the range of books and electronics. Karol Bagh is also one of the older shopping markets, and it's no short of a shoppers paradise.
- Address - Block 1, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110060
- Timings - Open from 10:00AM to 8:00PM daily except Monday.
- What to buy - traditional wear, electronics, cosmetics, bridal wear, gadgets and books.
- Price Range - INR 500 onwards
9. Palika Bazaar
Another shopping hub of Delhi is Palika Bazaar where you get a unique range of commodities. Shoppers delight in the clothing and footwear selections available to them. The bazaar plaza is a cheap but fancy destination to shop from. The heat won't bother you as it is an air-conditioned market. If you have the power to bargain, you will walk out with items at the best price. The plaza is one of a kind. It is centrally located in CP, so it is a convenient choice.
- Address - Palika Bazar, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
- Timings - Open from 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM everyday except Monday.
- What to buy - CD's, clothes, perfumes, accessories, footwear, and electronic goods
- Price range - Starting from INR 600 - INR 2000
10. Khan Market
Khan Market is one of Delhi's high-end markets where you get luxury brands, and you can also shop off-street retails. The tailor shops in Khan Market are well appreciated so you can get great tailor-made clothes here. There are lifestyle shops as well as Ayurvedic medicine stores. You can get good clothing and cosmetic options here too. It is slightly tricky when it comes to bargaining here as they believe in the motto of the customer is King and Kings don't bargain!
- Address - 61A, Khan Market, Rabindra Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110003
- Timings - Open on all days of the week except Sundays from 10:00AM to 11:00PM
- What to buy - Garments, books, lifestyle items, cosmetics, apparels and medicines.
- Price Range - Price starts from INR 2000
These are some of the cheapest places to shop in Delhi which are pocket- friendly and offer exciting shopping choices. Shop till you drop without burning a hole in your pocket at these markets!
Which of these is the best cheap market in Delhi? Let us know in the comments below!