Take a quick look at the list and their plots to decide the movies you'd want to watch. The list is a curation of some of the best Indian travel movies to satiate your travel desires for the time being. Check it out-
1. Zindagi Na Milegi DobaraAfter having watched this movie, almost every Indian wanted to hit-up on a road trip to Spain. The movie perfectly encompassed every inch of Spain that you'd want to see. Road trip views, glimpses of the famous La Tomatina festival, deep-sea diving in Costa Brava, the infamous run with the bulls and of course, the best of all-skydiving in Seville, you can literally put down an itinerary as and when you watch the film. Plus the men perfectly emote the lessons that life and travel have in store for not just them, but everyone. C'mon who wouldn't want to watch 3 guys on a bachelor trip tapping their feet in full-on Bollywood style whilst the Spanish women perform the fascinating Flamenco!
Watch it here- Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
2. Dil Dhadakne DoThe movie sure makes your heartbeat to the breathtaking views and destinations visited by the protagonist Mehra family & an acquaintance jing-bang on an over-the-top Mediterranean cruise ship to some of the most exotic destinations like Turkey, and Istanbul. The movie prominently highlights the popular Taksim Square, Hagia Sophia, the Bosphorus Bridge, Galata Tower, Eminonu promenade and other such landmarks. Zoya Akhtar makes us live the destination by highlighting it's cultures and traditions unique to the country, one of which is the Turkish Hamam. The movie is just a breath of fresh air.
Watch it here- Dil Dhadakne Do
3. TamashaWe all wanted to visit Corsica after having seen the rustic beauty of the destination in Tamasha. It looked like a postcard-perfect place. Not many of us had a greater idea of Corsica before Tamasha and Imtiaz Ali introduced us to it. The movie encompasses the small-townish ambience in which lies the real charm. With all the Matargashti that Ranbir and Deepika indulge in, you'd really enjoy the uptown flavours of the quaint little Corsica!
Watch it here- Tamasha
4. English VinglishWhile English Vinglish is a lesson for every individual, it also feeds your love for New York. While Sridevi is on her journey to learn English in the states, her tryst with the iconic spots begins. From the Big Apple to Times Square, Washington Square Park, Fifth Avenue, Brooklyn Bridge and more. The movie perfectly takes you around the Empire State and you'd be luxuriating in all the views of the city that you've never taken. You can't help but hum the Manhattan song soon after. There's no being 'judgemental' about the cultural representations and encounters Shashi has!
Watch it here- English Vinglish
5. Dilwale Dulhania Le JayengeRevolutionizing travel in Indian cinema, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge was one of the first films which took to Europe and showcased the vastness of the European landscapes. Having met on a train in Europe, Raj and Simran fall in love and meet in the yellow fields of Punjab to complete their love story. From the Swiss Alps of Gstaad to the Sarson ke Khet, the movie takes you through the charms of both Europe and Punjab and you'd also want to live your love story like these two in two distant terrains. The movie also has bits and parts of London which you'd enjoy as well.
Watch it here- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
6. CocktailWant to visit London? Watch this film to catch sight of all the major landmarks of the British capital and feed your travel list for a bit until we fight Covid-19. The trio-pack enjoy themselves thoroughly across the city, hitting up iconic spots like the Borough Market, Portobello Road, Battersea Park, Colville Gardens (Notting Hill), Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, and Brick Lane. Not just London, the three sway-away to the tunes of Tum hi Ho Badhu in Cape town's prime vacay beaches and more. Oh, what a travel journey for them and a virtual tour for us!
Watch it here- Cocktail
7. QueenThe film revolves around a storyline where Kangana goes through a heartbreak right before her marriage and takes off on her honeymoon to Paris and Amsterdam, all alone. The ravishing actress represents every newbie traveller with apprehensions yet embracive of every new experience. She doesn't scare off easily when she meets lads from different cultures, dances her heart out in nightclubs, gives the foreigners a taste of the Indian golgappe and even takes to musicals. Women, if this doesn't teach you how to travel, then we don't know what will.
Watch it here- Queen
8. London, Paris, NewyorkIsn't London, Paris & New York a dream destination for all of us. Well, the protagonists first cross paths in London, have an encounter in Paris, meet and explore the destinations and finally decide to be together in New York. What a dream for some of us! The movie does take you through different landscapes, giving you a hint of what love and life look like on the other side of the world.
Watch it here- London, Paris, NewYork
9. Anjaana AnjaaniTwo suicidal youngsters decide to make the most of their lives before putting an end to themselves. There's no better way to explore the world than through road trips. In a red hot car, the two take off to the most desired destination in the world- Las Vegas. The journey from New York to Las Vegas encompasses pale & barren lands to high-end bars. The movie also throws light on popular tourist activities like ice skating and more.
Watch it here- Anjaana Anjaani
10. Jab Harry Met SejalAn Indian separation of when Harry met Sally, Jab Harry Met Sejal is a hunt for Sejal's engagement ring across all the destinations she has visited. Having her emotions at the right place at first, Sejal asks her tour guide, Harry, to accompany her and they end up hitting up Prague, Lisbon, Vienna, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and Budapest. You'd like to enjoy the cultures, landmarks and the local life of these destinations. Of course, they end up finding the ring only after discovering a new-found adoration and love for each other.
Watch it here- Jab Harry Met Sejal
11. Yeh Jawani Hai DeewaniA must-watch for all the mountain freaks, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani takes you through Gulmarg which was tagged as Manali in the movie. A group of friends trek through the snow-clad peaks, explore the local cultures and the splendid scenarios. Of course, the storyline is exciting, but the Bunny and the gang's travel itinerary tops it all. After hitting up Gulmarg, the protagonist- Kabir (Bunny) globe-trots to a couple of destinations only to find himself back to his native country. The group of friends is seen in Rajasthan, exploring markets, sunset points and more. The movie is a delight for all the travel enthusiasts out there.
Watch it here- Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani
Now that you have the list, what keeps you from checking them out already? Watch them now!!
Tell us which is your favourite movie in the comments below!