Resorts World Sentosa, also known as RWS, is one of Asia’s premium integrated resort situated in the Sentosa island. A Singaporean lifestyle destination, it is known to be the third most expensive building. The resort comprises of two casinos, Adventure Cove Water Park, Universal Studios, Dolphin Island, SEA Aquarium (known to be world’s second-largest oceanarium), a world-renowned spa, and the Maritime Experiential Museum.
Awarded as the ‘Best Integrated Resort,’ Resorts World Sentoda also provides world-class dining experience, entertainment like concerts, public shows, a convention centre, and six luxury hotels. The Genting Singapore owns the Resorts World Sentosa and is also known for hosting some of the large-scale exhibitions.
The Resort World Sentosa is undoubtedly a place for experiencing the best. With top-class attractions present in the resort here is the list of those:
1. Universal Studios, Singapore
Launched in 2010, Universal Studios in Singapore is known to be Southeast Asia’s first Universal Studios theme park. It is spread in an area of 20 hectares and is divided into seven themed zones which surround a lagoon. These zones are based on movies or television, locations including Ancient Egypt, New York, Madagascar, Hollywood, Sci-Fi City, etc. Ticket Prices The ticket prices are divided into three age groups and categories. It ranges from SGD 41 to SGD 398.
2. SEA Aquarium A home for over 100,000 marine creatures of around 800 species, SEA Aquarium, was known to be the world’s largest oceanarium until 2014. Comprising of ten zones and 49 habitats, the aquarium is known to provide real-time experience to the visitors of being in the ocean floor. Ticket Prices The ticket prices are again divided into age groups and categories where it ranges between SGD 29 (INR 1,495) to SGD 88 (INR 4,538).
3. Adventure Cove Waterpark Another attraction of the Marine Life Park at the Resorts World Sentosa is the Adventure Cove Waterpark. Here, you will not just get to enjoy the thrilling slides but also encounter with marine life. You can opt to take high-speed water slides, snorkel, drift on a lazy river, pass through rays, or even face sharks. Ticket Prices The ticket price ranges between SGD 24 to SGD 98 according to the age group and other categories.
4. The Maritime Experiential Museum Established in the year 2011, the Museum features over 400 artefacts, 15 thematic galleries, and a 360-degree Multi-sensory typhoon theatre. The Maritime Experimental Museum houses the Jewel of Muscat, gifted by the Oman Government. The Museum displays the history of ancient maritime trade and visitors have the opportunity of experiencing the glorious conquests of the seas and the maritime silk route from 15th to the 19th century. Ticket Prices The ticket price ranges from SGD 5 to SGD 39.
5. Dolphin Island Here, the visitors have an opportunity to meet the Indo-Pacific Bottlenose Dolphins by selecting any of the programs provided by them. You can either into the water and interact with the dolphins, understand their behaviour, observe them, or learn interesting facts about them. Besides this, if you do not want to go inside the water, you can decide to select the program which includes children below four years. Lastly, you also have an option of a Dolphin Trek where you can go underwater and allow dolphins to come near and play with you. Ticket Prices The price of the tickets for the activities ranges between SGD 35 to SGD 150.
6. Royal Albatross
Launched in 2001, Royal Albatross is a private-owned unique tall ship with four masts and 22 sails. Operating from the home berth in Resorts World Sentosa in Singapore, this Barquentine represents the Golden Age of Sail, equipped with the 21st-century technology, and luxury. Visitors on the harbour cruise can expect a 2.5-hour dinner with live entertainment and a journey around the outskirts of Marina Bay. Ticket Prices SGD 135 to SGD 195
7. Sentosa Casino Here, you can find many table games, like Electronic Roulette, Money Wheel, Caribbean Stud Poker, and Baccarat to keep you engaged in the game of gambling. Know that this Casino is open 24 hours.
8. HeadRock VR HeadRock VR is one of the largest VR Theme Parks in Southeast Asia. Here, you can indulge in rafting against strong currents, firing your enemies, or balancing off a high-edge building. With eleven different attractions divided into Blue, Orange, and Green and different themes, this experience will inevitably embark a lifetime memory.
9. Kids Club Specially designed for kids between 3 to 12 years of age, the Kids Club will allow your child to immerse in a world of learning, fun, and exploration. The enriching experience will not just make the children learn and innovate new things but also keep them entertained throughout the day. Entry Fee (per hour) - SGD 12
10. Trick Eye Museum Trick Eye Museum is an internationally acclaimed visual art museum which has brought Augmented Reality (AR) from Korea. This feature allows art installations and paintings to transform into real experiences. Ticket Prices SGD 20 to SGD 25 (depending on people of different age groups)
11. Crane Dance: You can watch this jaw-dropping show narrating the crane’s courtship ritual every day from 08:00 PM onwards. It presents one of the best combinations of audiovisual technologies, light, and water effects. There is no entry fee for this show.
12. Lake of Dreams Watch the fantastic choreography of fire, water, and light every night from 11:00 PM onwards. This is designed by Jeremy Railton, who is the Emmy award-winner. There is no entry charge for the show.
You will find around 45 shopping outlets at Resorts World Sentosa, where you can hunt for essentials to world-class products. The Resort World Sentosa provides an array of endless international luxury brands, speciality stores, home decor items, chocolate stores. Some of the store options are given below:
Fashion and Accessories The resort has some renowned international brands for customers to find the best jewellery, handbags, eyewear, watches, fragrances, and lingerie. Bvlgari, Victoria Secret, Coach, Longchamp, Michael Kors, Salvatore Ferragamo, Tiffany & Co., and Tory Burch are the outlets in the resort.
Beauty & Wellness Vie Beaute, Watsons, and SPA BSFIT are the options to find beauty and wellness products.
Watches and Jewellery The resort has a unique collection of world acclaimed stores like Chopard, Omega, Richard Mille, Rolex, Swarovski, Vacheron Constantin, and Wear+Watch which have a prestigious collection of watches and jewellery.
Toys, Lifestyle or Souvenirs Lego and Rock Shop are the two shops you will find for trinkets and souvenirs in the resort.
Confectionaries You cannot avoid having a sweet tooth while at the resort. For a dessert craving, you can walk up to Candylicious, Garrett Popcorn, Hershey’s Chocolate World, Twelve Cupcakes, and Bee Cheng Hiang.
Dining at the Resorts World Sentosa
You cannot miss the gastronomic journey at Resorts World Sentosa where not just the local flavours are available but seasonings from all across the globe await the visitors. Below are some restaurant options according to the cuisine you would want to select:
Asian Feng Shui Inn, Forest, Sessions, Syun, TEPPAN, Central Hong Kong Cafe, Bali Thai, Din Tai Fung, Insadong Korea Town, Little Hokkaido, etc are some dining options where you will find authentic Asian cuisine which includes, Japanese, Chinese, Cantonese, Singaporean, Balinese, Taiwanese, Korean, and Fujianese dishes.
Italian Fratelli Trattoria and Fratelli Pizzeria are the two famous Italian restaurants which serve authentic Lombardy-inspired Italian dishes, gourmet, and pizzas.
Western When it comes to American, Australian, or European cuisine then you will find table65, CURATE, Ocean Restaurant, Osia Steak and Seafood Grill, Chili’s American Grill and Bar, McDonald’s, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks, and Hard Rock Cafe which will serve you a fine-dining experience with best of Western dishes.
Bars Michael’s Lounge, Crockfords Club, The Rock Bar, and Equarius Lounge are the available options if you are looking for some unique assortments of cocktails, wine, and beverages.
Follow a formal dress code.
People wearing shorts and slippers are not allowed inside the Casino.
How To Reach Resorts World Sentosa
By Bus Bus numbers RSW8, 123, 188R, 963R, NR1, NR6 are some of the available bus options to get to the resort from anywhere in the city.
Price: Approximately SGD 4.50
By Train/Sentosa Express For this, you will need to take the North-East line or Circle Line to HarbourFront Station and take the exit to VivoCity. Then proceed to level 3 to board the Sentosa Express. You need to get downright at the next station, which is the Waterfront station. Prices: Approximately SGD 4
By Taxi You will only need to ask the taxi driver to drop you at the underground car parking of Resorts World Sentosa.
Prices: Approximately SGD 2 to SGD 5 (depending on the pickup point of the traveller).
By BlueSG If you opt to reach RWS by BlueSG then on Sentosa Gateway, you will need to drive down the slope leading to Resorts World Sentosa and drive into the tunnel open for cars and taxis. Keep following directions and look for BlueSG electric car which is usually found on the left opposite Taxi Stand. Lastly, you will need to locate the nearest map directory and follow directions to the Universal Studios of the resort.